Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Two analyze missions with same description, only one complete-able.  (Read 1306 times)

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Both read as "The target is located in the heart of a binary star system in the Hufra nebula", had same pay and I've taken them from same location (thinking that I got lucky).

But target location contained only 1 mission-relevant probe. I've checked quite thoroughly with multiple sensor bursts.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: Two analyze missions with same description, only one complete-able.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 09:30:17 AM »

Both read as "The target is located in the heart of a binary star system in the Hufra nebula", had same pay and I've taken them from same location (thinking that I got lucky).

But target location contained only 1 mission-relevant probe. I've checked quite thoroughly with multiple sensor bursts.
I can second this.  Had the same situation yesterday, but could only find one of the containers.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 09:34:23 AM »

Ahh, I think it's targeting the same entity but when you do it for one it unsets the data that makes the mission completeable. Made  note, thank you for the report.

Waarr

• Ensign
  • My Life For Asharu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 10:54:03 AM »

Had the same situation, tried to only take one of them to avoid the bug, but now the target is nowhere to be found in the system.

Clockwork Owl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Starsector South Korean Community

Had the same situation without awareness of this bug. Can confirm.