Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Battleships weapon group issues  (Read 2589 times)

Sapling

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Battleships weapon group issues
« on: May 12, 2017, 10:52:35 AM »

Whenever I pilot a battleship I have issues controlling weapons designated to a single group.
When I try to shoot, only one of the weapons fire and then quickly switches to another weapon in the same group.
I do not seem to be able to figure this out.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Anysy

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Battleships weapon group issues
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 10:55:03 AM »

when you are adjusting weapon groups, at the bottom with the list of flux use theres two words "alternating" or "linked". Clicking on those swaps to the opposite. This controls how the weapons fire. That is, "alternating" weapon groups will alternate between which weapon is fired, only firing one at a time. Linked will all fire together.

Sapling

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 03:09:24 PM »

Thanks man. I can not believe that I am so blind.

DeMatt

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 03:33:22 PM »

The rules for what non-homing weapons fire when you click the mouse button:
  • Minimum of one weapon firing.  If no weapons can bear, weapon nearest to bearing will fire.
  • Linked mode will fire all weapons which can bear.
  • Alternating mode will fire first ready weapon.  Upon completion of its firing cycle, move to next ready weapon.

Note that beam weapons don't "complete their firing cycle" until you release the mouse button, so (in player hands) an Alternating group of beam weapons will only fire one beam at a time.

Droopy The Dog

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 02:47:50 AM »

Also for alternating weapon groups, clicking the weapon group number again will cycle the selected weapon mount without firing.

Deeplurker

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2017, 05:29:50 AM »

The game will set any weapon group that has missiles as 'alternating'. Additionally, when you use schematics to auto-fit a ship, sometimes the weapon groups set to 'auto-fire' will be non-auto-firing. Probably mentioned in the bug section, but these two things mean you should always check the weapon setup for any ship you fit or re-fit.

sotanaht

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2017, 05:48:30 AM »

Just feel like mentioning, try flying with alternating pulse lasers sometime, or anything else with a similar rate of fire.  That's what I do with player controlled Tempests and I find it makes it so much easier to hit things consistently.