Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: i think SO need a nerf  (Read 5208 times)

ioci

• Ensign
    • View Profile
i think SO need a nerf
« on: April 27, 2017, 03:02:22 AM »

slaughtering AI ship is fun but this fun doesnt last long enough, specially when none of the AI ship have it.

so, maybe increase the CR dropping rate a little bit for the ship that has this hull mod?

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
Re: i think SO need a nerf
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 03:06:15 AM »

... specially when none of the AI ship have it.

Clearly you haven't fought the Luddic Path yet.  ;)

ioci

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 03:14:00 AM »

ohh.... always getting some destroyers and cheep carrier early on makes them running away from me xD

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 03:19:54 AM »

Haha, chase 'em!  ;D No-one likes the Pathers.

ioci

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 03:27:00 AM »

i wonder if they have attack fleet or not, until now, the biggest pather fleet ive seen was one with 5 freights in line, guerrilla style

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 03:36:51 AM »

I don't think so. Pretty sure they're just raiders. Still, you can collect together a bunch of smaller fleets and get them to join in a bigger battle.

ioci

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 04:45:37 AM »

will they ever engage? i did try it varius times on pirates, those small groups of pirate keep maintaining distance, and just maintaining the distance, then another friendly fleet coming by and scare them away or a big attack fleet arrived and catch me easily. xD

there was one time, that 2 bounty target fleets was spawned at the same planet where nobody else could disturb us, if they engaged together, they could have a chance to down my ships one or two (they both had few destroyers and my fleet was formed by 5 damaged destroyers plus one shaperd and two supply ships), but they still maintaining their distance from me, when i was forced to use burn to catch one of them, the other was just unlucky too far away, darrrm cowards!

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2017, 04:56:04 AM »

The Pathers have their own planet now, you can meet bigger pather fleets there. Like, 15 frigates or such.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

ioci

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2017, 06:38:03 AM »

a planet of sin LOL

NinjaPirate

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Mr. G Plays
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2017, 06:48:20 AM »

Stupid question, what is SO?  A faction I assume.

Feel free to make fun of my bad gameplay here at Mr. G Plays
http://www.youtube.com/c/MrGPlays

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2017, 06:51:27 AM »

Safety Override, it changes how you fly a ship a lot.

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2017, 07:13:50 AM »

Pre v0.8, I would have agreed that SO needed a nerf. Now that combat is a lot slower, I feel like every bit of CR and peak operating time is precious. It used to be a no brainer to stick on my Lasher, but now I need all of that peak performance time when I am outnumbered 5 to 1.

Flying Birdy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2017, 08:16:16 AM »

SO is probably not as overpowered as you think. It is only powerful in some ships due to the lack of other strong loadouts. A lot of ships with access to only 700 range weapons or without the flux or speed to support a long/med range arsenal benefit a lot from SO because they cannot perform any roles other than a front-hitting ship. Lasher, for example, can really only use assault guns with dual auto cannons and have a limited flux pool/dissipation, thus SO is important to allow it to come out far ahead when trading flux with an enemy.

for other ships, those with alternative potential roles, SO isnt nearly as powerful. Hammerheads could use SO, but often do not need to have it because of its potential as a mid-range (700-800) ship (winning a head to head fight is easy when you can hit your opponent's frigates when you can't be hit back). Tempests do not need SO because they already have the terminator drone to out-flux or out-maneuver their opponent without SO. Ships that can attach ion weapons do not need SO, since good flux/management will allow you to trade flux at least evenly, and when both shields come down, your ion weapons will allow you to come ahead. Eagle do not need SO, since you can just outrange your opponent with hypervelocity drivers and heavy maulers.

ChaseBears

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2017, 11:44:41 AM »

yeah, the first time i fought LP in 0.8 i was too slow to catch them but managed to hold them off until their CR depleted. Then his engines flamed out and welp.
If I were creating the world I wouldn’t mess about with butterflies and daffodils. I would have started with lasers, eight o’clock, Day One!

orost

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2017, 03:25:01 PM »

Make Hardened Subsystems and SO mutually exclusive.

The downside of SO is supposed to be extremely short combat ability time that means you can only use an SO ship in a short battle or in part of a long battle, but between the Combat Endurance skill and Hardened Subsystems, it's possible to stack enough extra peak readiness time and CR to make them last entire big fights. Disallow that and it'll make more sense.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 03:31:03 PM by orost »
Pages: [1] 2