Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My 0.2 on v0.8a so far (spoiler I really like it)  (Read 1670 times)

NinjaPirate

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Mr. G Plays
My 0.2 on v0.8a so far (spoiler I really like it)
« on: April 25, 2017, 03:20:29 PM »

I've been playing this game since about v0.6  It has a come a long way.

What I like so far:
Being able to set a course
They added radar to the game UI (used to have to mod to do this)
Salvage
Easier to recover and add ships to your fleet
More mission structure
A tutorial that is built into the gameplay
The way fighters are equipped to a carrier and no longer in the fleet screen
What I'm not sure about yet:
Crew no longer gains experience
How expensive supplies continue to remain (honestly I probably just need to play more)
Feel free to make fun of my bad gameplay here at Mr. G Plays
http://www.youtube.com/c/MrGPlays

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: My 0.2 on v0.8a so far (spoiler I really like it)
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 05:49:33 PM »

Cheapest I've found supplies in v0.8 has been for around ~80 at the Hegemony controlled Chicomoztoc (I probably spelled that wrong). So, yeah, they ain't as cheap as they could end up in the past; I remember buying some for as low as 17 credits per.

As for the crew, well, I like it and it helps make using fighters more tolerable—I was kinda put off of fighters due to losing my Elite crew. It's true that you're now capped to 70% CR unless you invest in two skills, though.

NinjaPirate

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Mr. G Plays
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 09:26:42 PM »

Cheapest I've found supplies in v0.8 has been for around ~80 at the Hegemony controlled Chicomoztoc (I probably spelled that wrong). So, yeah, they ain't as cheap as they could end up in the past; I remember buying some for as low as 17 credits per.

As for the crew, well, I like it and it helps make using fighters more tolerable—I was kinda put off of fighters due to losing my Elite crew. It's true that you're now capped to 70% CR unless you invest in two skills, though.

Good point about the crew and fighters.  I hadn't thought of that.  Can you explain how the mod items/cpu/chip things work in game?
Feel free to make fun of my bad gameplay here at Mr. G Plays
http://www.youtube.com/c/MrGPlays

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 08:28:11 AM »

If you buy/find a modspec and then right click on it, you learn how to refit your ships with that hullmod. Some you can get through skills without needing to buy them. Currently the drop rate from enemies is excessively low, but Alex is aware and was musing about raising it a bit.