Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20

Author Topic: [0.97a] Detailed Combat Results v5.4.0 (2024-02-04)  (Read 272127 times)

SETIFAN

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Detailed Combat Results v5.3.2 (2023-05-13)
« Reply #255 on: May 14, 2023, 06:25:45 AM »

There seems to be a CTD issue with this mod.
9141989 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.combatanalytics.override.DCRIonCannonOnHitEffect.onHit(DCRIonCannonOnHitEffect.java:37)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.MovingRay.notifyDealtDamage(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.o0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.A.oOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.o0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.A.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.o0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.A.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)

If necessary I can upload the entire starsector.log

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 14, 2023, 12:26:47 PM »

9141989 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.combatanalytics.override.DCRIonCannonOnHitEffect.onHit(DCRIonCannonOnHitEffect.java:37)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.o0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.A.oOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)

Oooo, nice.  I'll fix it now.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 14, 2023, 01:16:12 PM »

Oooo, nice.  I'll fix it now.

Fixed! See first page for download

v5.3.3
 Fix for rare null pointer when tracking emp arc damage

Mifraggo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Detailed Combat Results v5.3.3 (2023-05-14)
« Reply #258 on: May 15, 2023, 04:43:56 AM »

I seem to never be able to find the previous version of the mods in here, I need this for 1.95.1a, someone can help?

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 15, 2023, 05:09:05 AM »

I seem to never be able to find the previous version of the mods in here, I need this for 1.95.1a, someone can help?

Same trick as before: https://bitbucket.org/NickWWest/starsectorcombatanalytics/downloads/ (5.3.0 is the one you want)

(right-click a download link, click Copy Link, paste it into the URL bar at the top but do not go to it yet, remove the file name at the end -- doesn't always work, but it usually does)

ace0015

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 19, 2023, 09:07:30 PM »

I am wondering if it's possible to make a feature to dump current details to a csv or similar file? I love this mod so much and the detailed stats it provides, it gives the game more meaning; so much so that I'd like to keep track of growth/changes in statistics and performance for my ships over time. Problem is I can only see the data in game, but I'd like to parse it with python and make a function to record time series data in charts and graphs, and make some other cool analytics.

I know this might be a big ask, but it would be so great to get this data in a format readable out of the game.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 20, 2023, 03:57:22 PM »

I am wondering if it's possible to make a feature to dump current details to a csv or similar file? I love this mod so much and the detailed stats it provides, it gives the game more meaning; so much so that I'd like to keep track of growth/changes in statistics and performance for my ships over time. Problem is I can only see the data in game, but I'd like to parse it with python and make a function to record time series data in charts and graphs, and make some other cool analytics.

I know this might be a big ask, but it would be so great to get this data in a format readable out of the game.

DCR used to do that, but I think only one person ever used the functionality and it was a pain to maintain.  If you're feeling bold you can look at the code and build your own save version and have it write to a file.

CapnHector

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 25, 2023, 04:36:10 AM »

Hi,

my Venture (LP) seems to do a lot of its damage from "Unknown High Explosive". I wonder if this is PCL?

Also big thanks for making this mod, it is a real boon for understanding the game! Absolutely great.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 04:47:36 AM by CapnHector »
5 ships vs 5 Ordos: Executor · Invictus · Paragon · Astral · Legion · Onslaught · Odyssey | Video LibraryHiruma Kai's Challenge

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 25, 2023, 11:25:58 AM »

Hmm, is the PCL in the base game?  I haven't used it before but I'll take a look at it. 

CapnHector

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 25, 2023, 10:00:56 PM »

Hmm, is the PCL in the base game?  I haven't used it before but I'll take a look at it.

Yeah, it is in the base game, and an excellent weapon!

I want to thank you again for making this mod, having used it more I've really come to appreciate it. If you want to see how I used it to improve my build, here's a showcase: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=26913.msg399595#msg399595
5 ships vs 5 Ordos: Executor · Invictus · Paragon · Astral · Legion · Onslaught · Odyssey | Video LibraryHiruma Kai's Challenge

zact123

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 26, 2023, 07:02:20 PM »

I've been getting an error code every time I try to use bitbucket for some reason.  Is there a non bitbucket link?

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 27, 2023, 02:01:58 PM »

Yeah, it is in the base game, and an excellent weapon!

I want to thank you again for making this mod, having used it more I've really come to appreciate it. If you want to see how I used it to improve my build, here's a showcase: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=26913.msg399595#msg399595

Impressive work, min maxing is a lot of fun.  I've thought about trying to make a script that would start the game and play a mission, report results, then shut down.  Then let the whole thing run over night to gather data (or fan out to a bunch of agents).  Then I end up doing something else because that sounds like work  :o

I've been getting an error code every time I try to use bitbucket for some reason.  Is there a non bitbucket link?
Hit me up on Discord and I'll send it to you direct.  I don't want to have to maintain another place to DL from, a release is complex enough as it is.
Nick#7884

Vanshilar

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 27, 2023, 02:09:06 PM »

DCR used to do that, but I think only one person ever used the functionality and it was a pain to maintain.  If you're feeling bold you can look at the code and build your own save version and have it write to a file.

Actually I gave it a spin as well but never got around to posting about it since I was busy with RL stuff. But yes some way to export the results to csv would be great, even if it's just the summary that you get at the end of each battle. Right now I end up copying all the numbers by hand, which means over a hundred numbers to manually transcribe and then error-check for each battle that I want to capture the results for.

I think the shot-by-shot results would be very useful to data mine in the future as well though. For example, I'm curious about how many shots it takes to kill each ship, i.e. how many shield shots, how many armor shots, and how many hull shots (noting that there's some overlap there). Ultimately the goal is to minimize time-to-kill, not maximize DPS, and different shots do different amounts of damage; a shield shot against Remnants does about half damage for example while a hull shot does nearly full damage. How many armor shots does it actually take before reaching hull is still somewhat of an open question for actual battles.

But even something like being able to export the battle report to a csv, or anything more specific than that (such as damage done to each enemy ship by a player's ship) would be very helpful.

A couple of notes:

1. Is it possible to record how many shots were fired, not just how many hit? That would be useful to see how efficient the weapons are -- for example, how much does elite Ballistic Mastery increase the hit rate of ballistic weapons. (Continuous beam weapons may not have a defined shot, perhaps it would be number of seconds fired instead or something.)

2. Beam weapons report inaccurate damage. This is fairly easy to test out in the simulator. It seems to be worse when hitting armor/hull, and when multiple beams are converging on the same point, although I could be wrong on those (they're just personal impressions). The numbers are generally too large, although a couple of times they get undercounted.

3. A past version of DCR allowed it to show damage results for more than 15 player ships. That seems to have gone away in more recent versions. I tried setting the "defaultValue" for "dcr_ShipCountLimit" to 25 in LunaSettings.csv, but it still shows max 15 ships. I don't have the Luna mod installed though -- not sure if that's required for this functionality.

4. I'm kind of curious where these results are stored in the save file, since I can't find it anywhere. Not important, but I was just looking to copy-paste the results before instead of manually transcribing but couldn't figure out where they were stored.

Anyway thanks for your work on this mod! It really does take the guesswork out of trying out different ship builds and make it more clear what's effective and what's not.

CapnHector

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 30, 2023, 05:29:07 AM »

It turns out this was happening as a combination of the PCL and a higher combat speed multiplier (10x) for some reason. When I switched back to 1x the mod correctly identifies damage from the PCL which it in fact was. See: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=27062.msg400284#msg400284

However, at a 10x combat speed multiplier it seems to overstate damage from the IR Autolance by a factor of 30-40. See comparison screenshots in linked post. So that's a thing that exists. The other weapons seem unaffected.

Xenonex

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 16, 2023, 09:18:55 PM »

Thank you for making this mod! Being able to pore over info before & after battles to tweak things around to optimize them is one of my favorite aspects of games like this.

However, I think I'm making some mistake while trying to get this mod to work. I'm still in the tutorial but have a similar mod, "Fleet Action History" already working fine, although I can't find anything within the "Intel" menu related to Detailed Combat Results. Similar to this user's report, despite having fought 2 battles (and multiple recent simulator battles as well), when I press "L" and choose the only option of "All Battles", it simply closes the window but doesn't add any entries to the "Intel" menu.

DCR was installed prior to beginning this save file, and it does show up in my LunaLib menu in-game, so it appears to be installed / active, I just haven't found how to display any of the info yet. Appreciate any tips figuring out what I'm doing wrong!

UPDATE:
Seems the issue may have been related to the tutorial: after progressing a little further in the tutorial to where it opens the jump gate in the starting system, it now creates new Combat Results events in my Intel menu after battles.
Enjoying looking through all the info, thanks again!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 02:16:45 PM by Xenonex »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20