Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A great idea Alex will definitely do  (Read 2295 times)

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
A great idea Alex will definitely do
« on: November 16, 2016, 02:31:38 PM »

Hey Alex you should change one thing in SS to take it from a naval allegory to an airforce allegory; remove the ability to repair hull outside of a dock, so that after a serious battle no matter how many supplies you have or time you've got, in order to recover from damage you have to return to the nearest market, and if a ship is disabled and recovered it's mothballed until you can dock it again.
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

DownTheDrain

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: A great idea Alex will definitely do
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 03:05:11 PM »

I'm not sure why it would be important to change from "naval allegory" to "airforce allegory" as neither really takes place in space, plus there aren't any flying frigates, destroyers, cruisers or battleships so keeping it naval makes sense to me.

That said, I'd hate to have to dock every time one of my ships takes damage.
That would make actual fleet battles even harder and promote soloing enemies even more, especially in unfriendly systems and hyperspace, since AI pilots are bound to get ships damaged that a player can keep out of harms way.

Linnis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 03:33:41 PM »

I get your idea, but instead how about we get an repair curve. Where the last 20% and eventually 95% would take more and more time to repair.

Or something like an repair mode. Where you cannot move your fleet, they are much more easy to detect, but enables repairs that can get the ships in the fleet to 100%

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 10:06:58 PM »

Yea sure, make the game even more frustrating /s
Please don't take me too seriously.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 10:09:31 PM »

Yea sure, make the game even more frustrating /s

Spoiler
op is joke
[close]
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then