Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: "This is Eve" - New Eve Online trailer  (Read 14734 times)

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
Re: "This is Eve" - New Eve Online trailer
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2015, 11:51:38 PM »

I like Eve. I put streams of players in a window when I'm working because it has some nice backgrounds and nothing ever happens. It's soothing and occasionally there's a not-so-bad ship design. Like a good screen-saver...

Linnis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2015, 10:52:32 AM »

Lineage 2 is the master of mmo drama, the game is built around it.  Eve comes close. Then comes wow destroying everything. *tear*

Ripley

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2015, 10:32:01 PM »

I've played several years of Eve, back from 2003 to 2009. Got pretty far, joined a big corp with lots of allies, experience 0.0 gameplay. It's fun but very draining. Ops were long, mostly idling or travelling, a few seconds of combat, as you get focused fired and have to warp out immediately or die.

Then I stopped doing that and went with low-sec PvP, flying solo or in a small group, it was a lot more action packed but again quite shallow because it ends up being just about preying on fools or noobs.

The flying & combat UI was also quite clunky, they never really fixed that, but its due the scope as well.

I still think a slightly simpler version of Eve, made with a better flight UI, and better PvP design (less scale/scope & more balance) would make for a very fun game, even if its 2D top-down (Starsector + Eve-lite anyone?!)...

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2016, 08:09:57 PM »

More like a free and limited trial account.

Shame EVE really isn't a good game, I been down that road and there just isn't much appeal there but to each their own.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 08:14:18 PM by MesoTroniK »

DirePenguin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2016, 09:26:36 PM »

I played EVE for a good while.  With good friends, it's a lot of fun.  But, well, when I got married that was the end of that.  All I had time for anymore was to do the spreadsheet/booking and none of the flying.

It is a good game, in my opinion, I just wish it had some dynamic gameplay that wasn't "get an op with a bunch of buddies and go crash a camped gate."  No, ratting doesn't count.

I will say that being in a stealth ops ship in the backwoods of nowhere staring at a gate camp wondering how you're going to get home IS intense though. ;D

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2016, 10:01:02 PM »

The only redeeming quality of Eve is the community and the opportunities it provides... The game itself has no redeeming qualities at all and I consider unmitigated ***.

Your experiences may differ.

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2016, 12:25:34 PM »

Just discovered this piece of art.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2016, 09:40:36 PM »

Great art, but it's been too long since I've played to understand it.  :-\

I did a lot of small gang warfare in 2006 after spending 3 months playing eve "wrong" (mining, ratting, missioning).  Turns out a gang of cheap ass thorax'es can WTF bbq most stuff if you pick your fights correctly.  In the end, was in a corp where 6 of us flew Vagabonds and war dec'ed corps of around 100 or so people that were in the same timezone just so we could shoot the *** out of people.  Eventually some friends went back to Eve and did mission busting (tricking officer fit CNRs to shoot at you).  They had more money than god after 3 months, so much they didn't even bother selling officer loot as it was too much of a pain to list.

Eventually one of our prodigies went on to design this racket (second post):

http://failheap-challenge.com/showthread.php?7682-Regarding-AFK-Complex-Farming/page2

In no other game have I ever had the adrenaline like in Eve.  But it's the kind of game you can only really play well when you're single and barely employed.
Pages: 1 [2]