Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A Question about Faction Suggestion  (Read 2564 times)

Orikson

• Captain
  • Always Seen on Discord
    • View Profile
A Question about Faction Suggestion
« on: March 25, 2016, 03:48:27 AM »

Can we suggest new factions usually? I know it's a lot of work just to make one ship, let alone all the other things to incorporate into the game and other mods.

If we can, has anyone ever suggested an AI faction? (not the AI War mod). I mean a faction that is compromised of robots controlled by a central A.I. My general idea of them is a faction of ships focusing in more efficiency and utility rather than brute force. Bu maybe as strong as the Knight Templars. Their system compromised of resource full planets and their sun has a dyson sphere being constructed around it or has one already constructed. Their ships can also recharge special resource by being near suns maybe? If you all like to see one, I could elaborate it further with all the stuff needed. (No artwork though. I'm one of those with creativity but no talent person. Wish could draw or sketch at least). Thanks for reading my rantings again!
"A story teller and a trader. Tell me your tales and I'll tell you no lies."

Come join the Starsector Fan Chat! It's decently active.

Link: https://discord.gg/eb5UC

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: A Question about Faction Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 12:57:44 PM »

There's no real rule against *suggesting* a faction; but whether it's made or not is completely up to the developer/modder; and they usually have their own creative vision.

If you want to go that way, I suggest coming up with things like lore and mechanics on your own. The more in-depth and entertaining it is; the higher the possibility of someone taking it up.

Maybe make a thread, where people can share their wished-for-factions, I have a rather dark-humoured idea for a faction myself; but I cannot art.

Orikson

• Captain
  • Always Seen on Discord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 09:47:13 AM »

There's no real rule against *suggesting* a faction; but whether it's made or not is completely up to the developer/modder; and they usually have their own creative vision.

If you want to go that way, I suggest coming up with things like lore and mechanics on your own. The more in-depth and entertaining it is; the higher the possibility of someone taking it up.

Maybe make a thread, where people can share their wished-for-factions, I have a rather dark-humoured idea for a faction myself; but I cannot art.

Ok, I got some mechanics and lore already running in my head, just need to write it down in more detailed fashion. The general premise is to create a faction similar to Knights Templars, but less powerful ships and weapons (at least on par with Vanilla) with greater amount of ships and market items (like robotic crew maybe?). I'll run it around a bit, once I get it fully fleshed out, I'll present it in the Suggestions section to the community.
"A story teller and a trader. Tell me your tales and I'll tell you no lies."

Come join the Starsector Fan Chat! It's decently active.

Link: https://discord.gg/eb5UC

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 12:33:07 PM »

Anyone can try to start a mod and recruit help in the Starsector > Mods > Modding board.