Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Starsector+ bug?  (Read 2774 times)

Farren

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Starsector+ bug?
« on: March 18, 2016, 09:15:01 AM »

For some strange reason, when I load the game with starsecor+ the main menu background becomes completely white and the different windows leaves "ghost" images.
 The weird thing is that two weeks ago everything worked fine and I did'nt change anything. Some help would appreciated.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector+ bug?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 04:22:07 PM »

For some strange reason, when I load the game with starsecor+ the main menu background becomes completely white and the different windows leaves "ghost" images.
 The weird thing is that two weeks ago everything worked fine and I did'nt change anything. Some help would appreciated.
Have you run SS+ before? If you haven't then it sounds like Shader Lib is not working right with your GFX card or the card is too weak. If so then open up the Shaderlib folder and look for the shadersettings file. Open it up in notepad and change the line "enableShaders":true to "enableShaders":false
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Farren

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 04:44:14 PM »

I did play it before with no problems and with a lot more mods too, and now I get that weird screen.
Your solution does work,thanks, but I dont understand why it stopped working like that. ???

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 08:53:27 PM »

Well if you want what shaderlib offers, you could always try to keep it activated, and on it;s settings go to the very bottom and find
"enablePostProcess":true
and change it to
"enablePostProcess":false

Post processing was only added in the later versions, at least as an option, and since you say you could use it normally maybe that is the problem. Then again if the latest version you used was 0.7.1a, before the current one, then you were using postprocessing. Still it is worth a try, no?
Ignorance is bliss..

Farren

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 03:08:57 PM »

Afer searching  for a while, I found that the problem was because the game decided to use the intgrated graphic card instead of the nvidia that was installed. Thanks for you help.