Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ending a comission  (Read 9033 times)

Zelnik

• Commander
    • View Profile
Ending a comission
« on: December 13, 2015, 11:25:08 AM »

How does one end a commission beyond making the faction hate you? Or is that the only possible way?

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Ending a comission
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 08:00:26 PM »

That is currently the only way. Starsector is still in alpha, you know?

figvam

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 08:26:59 PM »

Has something changed here? And if not, at what reputation level does a commission end?
I grabbed a Hegemony commission and I'm afraid I won't be able to handle their patrols if it ends at the "hostile" level.
There really should be a way to end a commission "peacefully" if there is none.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 08:29:25 PM »

Anything below neutral will do, for the time being.

figvam

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 03:27:10 AM »

Ok, but how to gradually lower the reputation level with a faction? Attacking a fleet immediately drops me from 100 to -50 (hostile). The only other way I know involves smuggling (a LOT of, to drop my 100% to zero). Is there any other?

Also, when I signed up for a commission, other fractions hostile to Hegemony became hostile to me. And when I attacked a Hegemony fleet, the relationship with it dropped to -50, but other fractions remained at -50, too. I remember reading somewhere in the forum that relationships with fractions hostile to your former "employer" should improve after your glorious termination?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 03:34:44 AM by figvam »

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 06:57:23 AM »

You *can* go into a multi-battle with the Hegemony an then start blowing up their ships to lower relations.  Although I'm not sure how far down that can knock you.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

figvam

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 08:22:00 AM »

Is it even possible to attack a friendly ship in a battle?

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2016, 08:39:28 AM »

Attack fleets while you are unidentified.  You lose up to -5 reputation after battle, instead of set to hostile.

Refusing scans is another way to drop reputation more before the ensuing fight.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2016, 08:49:09 AM »

Also, when I signed up for a commission, other fractions hostile to Hegemony became hostile to me. And when I attacked a Hegemony fleet, the relationship with it dropped to -50, but other fractions remained at -50, too. I remember reading somewhere in the forum that relationships with fractions hostile to your former "employer" should improve after your glorious termination?

Right - this only happens when temporary hostilities between two factions end and you hold a commission with one of them. Since the hostilities between Tri-Tachyon and the Hegemony are permanent (at the moment), that never happens.

This stuff is all fairly unfinished; I'd suggest adjusting reputation via the console if you really want to do it.

BuckCake

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2016, 10:23:20 AM »

How does one end a commission beyond making the faction hate you? Or is that the only possible way?

Suggestion: Turn off your transponder and blast them when they open comms to complain. Alternatively join a battle and shoot them in the back, possibly with a salvo of reapers.

figvam

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2016, 10:48:31 AM »

I'd suggest adjusting reputation via the console if you really want to do it.

How would I do it?

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2016, 11:26:06 AM »

I'd suggest adjusting reputation via the console if you really want to do it.

How would I do it?
With this mod: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=4106.0 (Need lazy lib though which is here: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=5444.0
After you activate both LazyLib and the console mod, load up your campaign save then press Ctrl + Backspace. This will open the console window. Then you would type sr hegemony player 0  to set your relationship with them to 0 then maybe sr tritachyon player 0 to reset the TT rep to zero
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

a.c.macauley

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2016, 08:43:27 PM »

Ok, but how to gradually lower the reputation level with a faction? Attacking a fleet immediately drops me from 100 to -50 (hostile). The only other way I know involves smuggling (a LOT of, to drop my 100% to zero). Is there any other?

Accept a bunch of cargo missions and then fail to deliver the goods. Takes a lot more time than just attacking an allied fleet but it'll let you dial in the relationship drop.

figvam

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2016, 02:58:39 AM »

Suggestion: Turn off your transponder and blast them when they open comms to complain.

This suggestion seems to be the fastest way to do it gradually so far.
Alternatively join a battle and shoot them in the back, possibly with a salvo of reapers.

How one can attack friendlies? And if I'm running with IFF off, it becomes impossible to join any battle.

DeMatt

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2016, 03:08:01 AM »

Alternatively join a battle and shoot them in the back, possibly with a salvo of reapers.

How one can attack friendlies? And if I'm running with IFF off, it becomes impossible to join any battle.
Just because you don't have a ship targeted, doesn't mean it automatically avoids your bullets.  All you have to do is aim and fire, just like aiming and firing at any other ship.