Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Simple pursuit without combat can make you hostile?!  (Read 2113 times)

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Simple pursuit without combat can make you hostile?!
« on: January 05, 2016, 01:54:52 AM »

Well i got strange situation then pursuing independent smuggler with pirate colors near the pirate base with transponder off result in reputation loss all the way from friendly to hostile if they run long enough to switch colors back and transponder on player fleet turned back on. No combat needed at all - "you identity is revealed and linked to recent hostile action". Which hostile action it would be?

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Simple pursuit without combat can make you hostile?!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 05:29:23 AM »

transponder off is not authorized per independant faction, no? If you go transponder on, maybe this fleet see a spy for them.
I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

SpacePoliticianAndaZealot

• Captain
  • The Show Stopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 05:33:30 AM »

Smugglers changing factions is a leftover from previous versions. It was meant to emulate the transponder behaviour.

When attacking smugglers, make sure you approach them with your transponder off and leave no witnesses if you plan to hang around their destination area.

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 05:52:18 AM »

Well point is they never get attacked at all. I approach pirate station without transponder signal and check inventory - unknown fleet running away in circles. Thinking they are pirates i set fleet to chase them until i see their fleet composition on sensors and then set new course to jump point and engage transponder - boom - hostile with independents down from friendly at once.

sycspysycspy

• Commander
  • Translator of the Council of AL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 06:09:26 AM »

Smugglers changing factions is a leftover from previous versions. It was meant to emulate the transponder behaviour.

When attacking smugglers, make sure you approach them with your transponder off and leave no witnesses if you plan to hang around their destination area.
I think it's suppose to be this way,anyone who trade with pirates should be treated as pirate as well.
Please report any translation error to me with PM.
- I just went over to my bank account and figured out I can live comfortably without working for the rest of my life as long as I die on next Tuesday.

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 04:00:19 PM »

Strange, that has never happened to me at all.