Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: pilum missile tracking  (Read 14826 times)

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: pilum missile tracking
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2012, 05:38:41 PM »

again i will say it appears your missing the points im trying to make behind my posts using analogies (which may not be how things really work but tend to help people understand) on how the sabot srm works.. maybe they make more sense to me.

it doesn't mater if it matches its descriptive text.
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

Gaizokubanou

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2012, 06:42:18 PM »

again i will say it appears your missing the points im trying to make behind my posts using analogies (which may not be how things really work but tend to help people understand) on how the sabot srm works.. maybe they make more sense to me.

it doesn't mater if it matches its descriptive text.

I got your main point from the start.  As I stated previously, I was nip ticking a detail on the propulsion.  Why are you making it look like I was stating anything beyond that? ???

UrbanGiraffe

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2012, 10:51:23 PM »

I'm currently rolling with a Paragon and four Ventures to handle the support side of things, which means 30 missiles per volley when they're all deployed. It's really quite effective against larger targets, for reasons stated, but I would agree that a two-stage system to speed them up a bit initially would be neat, as the faster ships or the Paragon's four WTFBBQTachyons often destroy medium sized ships first. To balance things, perhaps they should be incapable of detonating in the first stage, dealing pathetic amounts of kinetic damage instead, so they're limited entirely to long range support.

Still, it does seem that no changes are really necessary. They serve a valuable tactical purpose in a balanced way, and their poor tracking and speed fits perfectly with the characteristic dumb spammy missile. The two-stage system would further specialize it, but it's not really needed, and it certainly doesn't need a complete buff.
Pages: 1 2 [3]