Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 123

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Diable Avionics 2.70rc3 (2023/04/13)  (Read 1275976 times)

PaleWanzer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Diable Avionics 2.64rc1 (2021/12/11)
« Reply #1725 on: November 05, 2022, 10:51:06 PM »

"tell me you're a front mission enjoyer without telling me you're front mission enjoyer"
saw your mod while browsing and wondering, "where did i heard that name?" I took a peek and got washed over by nostalgia. Love it

question, is there any way to reduce the knockback effect of excision rifle from virtuous wanzers?

paopao

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: November 11, 2022, 04:39:49 PM »

Hello Tartiflette! I love your mods! Are you still working on Diable Avionics? The update has been stoped since november of the last year.

Euripides

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: January 28, 2023, 07:37:32 PM »

This is partly a reminder for myself

Vapor
Recson V
Phase Lance
2 cheap finisher missiles

Calm
SRAB
Recson V
2x IBIS
4x diable micromissile
ECCM hullmod for bonus to SRAB and minimissiles

if anyone happens to be looking for decent fits using DA+vanilla, these will work.

Bummelei

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: February 02, 2023, 10:44:28 AM »

Hello there! First of all i want to thank you Tartiflette for making this mod, i can't imagine playing SS without it anymore! Sleek, easily readable designs, and interesting gameplay, you did really great job making it. And if you allow me, i wanted to leave a feedback. I have a couple of questions about ships:

Draft - they are constantly dying, and it becomes annoying really quickly, layout is great, firepower is really decent (officered one can wipe the floor with destroyers and light cruisers even) but survivability is an issue. Rugged construction hullmod is just mandatory, and direct buffs to HP and armour would be really nice in my oppinion.

Versant - low PPT and "Cramped" hullmod kinda ruins the ship. And it's niche is kinda uncertain. If you want frigate to capture points - there is Vapor. Pay 3 more DP, and you will get Hayle, which is fast and decently armed DD.

Rime(base)- love this ships and their role, but they feels kinda lacking (yeah i know that basic one is "outdated", but it can't be more outdated than low-tech, it's kinda unfair then). If this system was somehow usefull on Sleet, (which is small and nimble) on cruiser-size hull it's just useless. The ship is slow, it can't just run away and return with charges available, and all of this while AI just wasting all charges instantly when reaching the enemy. I would like to suggest improving system by speeding up the charging time and duration both by a factor of two, and also increasing the ammount of OP by 15. Rime has a large number of problems and unfortunately with the current number it cannot completely solve at least one, so this addition would greatly benefit it, and make it more "whole" and interesting to use. Unfortunately in current state it's just looks like an oversized light carrier, and it feels like a wasted potential.

Rime(F) - same as above. The game considers it to be a civilian vessel, despite the fact that it is an armed freighter like Mule, or Gemini, and i would love to see this issue fixed. The ship could create competition to aforementioned armed freighters, and it would be really cool to see it in that role.

Storm - with 23 DP it is kinda expensive, and it feels a bit underperforming. Maybe changes in firing arcs of it's back turrets allowing to fire all four of them in the same direction will improve it's perfomance? At least it would justify it's DP, and not making it more annoying to fight against.

And about Virtuous. Is there no other way to obtain it rather than breaking the face of "The Last Line"?

Euripides

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: February 02, 2023, 12:18:12 PM »

Draft is ok so long as it never gets hit from the side

I've tried a lot of range mods, high range weapons, missileboating etc. to make it work at long range so things stay in front of it, and the simple fact is that it just won't. You'll always get more mileage and better returns from a ship that has shields.
The problem is that missiles and fighters are too commonplace, and in any fight beyond maybe 5 ships it is inevitable that something will take a shot at the side of the draft while it's engaging something else and it just doesn't take much to kill it this way.

It's a neat concept but without being able to block some side hits and kill fighters/missiles better it simply can't cut it, not even for its low deployment cost.

If I were to try improving the design, I would add smaller, thinner, and weaker side armor blocks that work like the front armor block, and buff the Drafts' point defense capability probably with a built-in IBIS with a 240 degree arc facing the rear. This shores up its biggest problems by providing a little better PD for killing missiles and fighters, and provides some side armor so those stray hits don't blap it instantly.

Bummelei

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: February 02, 2023, 04:41:59 PM »

Draft is ok so long as it never gets hit from the side

I've tried a lot of range mods, high range weapons, missileboating etc. to make it work at long range so things stay in front of it, and the simple fact is that it just won't. You'll always get more mileage and better returns from a ship that has shields.
The problem is that missiles and fighters are too commonplace, and in any fight beyond maybe 5 ships it is inevitable that something will take a shot at the side of the draft while it's engaging something else and it just doesn't take much to kill it this way.

Sides are weak, fighters and missiles are always here, that's all true. The best way of using them i come up with is massive fighters cover up. Then suddenly they become fragile but nonetheless scary fighter supports. And builds with emphasis on PD with 2 Magics and 2 Burchels makes them somewhat resistant against missiles. Buuuuuuuut... they still keep dying, mainly because of ship explosions. Sadly, but not even long range specs can save them from poping. Basically everything you said above.

It's a neat concept but without being able to block some side hits and kill fighters/missiles better it simply can't cut it, not even for its low deployment cost.

If I were to try improving the design, I would add smaller, thinner, and weaker side armor blocks that work like the front armor block, and buff the Drafts' point defense capability probably with a built-in IBIS with a 240 degree arc facing the rear. This shores up its biggest problems by providing a little better PD for killing missiles and fighters, and provides some side armor so those stray hits don't blap it instantly.

I thought about sideplates as well. First solution i see is just to extend armor to cover up at least half or 1\3 of the naked sides. Second, is to add 2 rather weak side plates that disappear after being destroyed so as not to obstruct the line of fire, and can grow back after a long period of time. But both of them requires some work, and i really doubt someone will waste time on cheap and expendable support frigate. While slaping already existing hullmod, and tune HP and armor values doesn't require any efforts.

Overseer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: February 06, 2023, 08:26:30 AM »

I remember creating my little player faction for this, calling it the "Diable Industries". I still have the flags and portraits! I just want to share this with everyone! It's a bit amateurish, but it gets the point across! I play as the "Corporate Commander" leading the "Corporate Troopers" in a hostile corporate takeover! It's pretty fun! I like to climb up the ranks, only to royally backstab the entire Diable Avionics and make myself the newly minted CEO of the Diable Industries!

Overseer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: February 06, 2023, 08:29:49 AM »

On a side note, I've never understood why the portraits are all Tri Tachyon. So I decided to color swap them to red! I decided to also share it here!

Overseer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: February 06, 2023, 08:30:21 AM »

And the last two I've color swapped!

doublescotch72

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: February 19, 2023, 04:54:35 AM »

Iv noticed that the rendering of virtous wanzers have an issue when on fleet navigation screen, see the attached picture
How can i edit this in mod files? I often zoom in to apreciate the view of my fleet but this squared shadow is kind of slightly annoying..
Even if its definitively worth having a virtous, would be better if cleaned  ;D

Lolpingu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: February 26, 2023, 04:19:12 PM »

How do you make it so that the virtuous is a selectable starting ship?
Since it appears as "diableavionics_virtuous_skirmisher" in the hulls folder, I tried adding ["diableavionics_virtuous_skirmisher"] to "super ship" and it doesn't end up appearing as an option - if I add it into the other options, they just don't appear anymore.

As for why - sometimes you just want to boot up starsector and shamelessly start a campaign with a seal clubbing machine to relieve stress.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 04:28:14 PM by Lolpingu »

ThatsMyFootThanks

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: February 26, 2023, 07:34:16 PM »

Sooooo... These are a massive-organized crime syndicate with the face of a corporation. Basically… Space pirates in fancy looking interstellar Ferraris?

So cool..  ;D

Mereyl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: March 19, 2023, 04:16:46 PM »

Defeating the Virtuous grants you a wreck that you can interact with and restore, but the ship never seems to get restored properly and taking it out for a spin gets you a ctd with a Fatal:null error. The ship itself also looks nothing like it looked like in battle on the salvage and restore screen, it seems to be missing all sorts of parts and the crash log also indicates as much.

Code
java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.scripts.weapons.Diableavionics_virtuous_pauldronsEffect.advance(Diableavionics_virtuous_pauldronsEffect.java:134)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.A.void.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

andy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: March 22, 2023, 06:03:39 AM »

Hello, I really like your boats. Can I use them as material?

PositiveVibesVR

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: April 01, 2023, 02:18:02 PM »

Hey! The past couple of days I have been working on a skin pack for this mod, what is the best way to send it to you?
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 123