Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Planet Search Overhaul (07/13/24)

Author Topic: Add logistics dock support to the 3 abandoned stations: Yma, Corvus and Mayasura  (Read 564 times)

Cryovolcanic

• Captain
    • View Profile

QoL thing--would be nice if we can manage logistics hullmods at these stations.

I now use Asharu as my base since it has a gate and is orbiting a market, but it's still a little annoying to exit the spacedock and go to the market and vice versa.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I do not remember if changing hullmods at abandoned stations also lowers CR like changing hullmods in space.

Probably explained by having no proper facilities at abandoned stations.

What I would like to see is be able to claim, restore, and build up abandoned stations like colonies.  Not just those three, but also those I sat bomb to death, like Kapteyn Starworks and others.

Even better would be to build a new one on a stable location in systems with no planets.

I now use Asharu as my base since it has a gate and is orbiting a market, but it's still a little annoying to exit the spacedock and go to the market and vice versa.
I use Mairaath in Mayasura early in the game before I have colonies because it has no patrols and I can travel with transponder off and shop at all the black markets as much as I want until I move everything I own to my colonies after I build them.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2024, 08:38:42 AM by Megas »

kaoseth

• Commander
    • View Profile

Definitely agree with you there.  I use Corvus because the doc orbits an independent colony and I can just flip out of the dock and into the colony to fit a dock only hullmod. 

But it's still obnoxious to do that. 

Rusty Edge

• Commander
    • View Profile

I concur.

Changing loadouts at abandoned stations does not currently lower CR. Enabling logistics mods would be convenient, and really wouldn't change anything balance-wise; as all abandoned docks are in civilized systems anyway.