Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: New music for Galatia Academy (06/12/24)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: [0.97a] Amazigh's Ship Foundry v1.2.0  (Read 240082 times)

Amazigh

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Amazigh's Ship Foundry v1.2.0
« Reply #135 on: May 27, 2024, 10:13:10 PM »

Newbie here. Gimbal Micromissile Pod seems too strong.
I've looked at it and yeah, i was on something there. Gonna tweak the stats downwards some but not sure exactly how much by though, likely a focus on giving it lower sustained DPS.

Seems that many weapons this mod introduces also similarly stand out...
Any other weapons in specific that you think might be overtuned?

Can you make a video to show us capitalian how it is done using the base loadout, so you can teach us and anyone after that will inevitably have problem with this mission, to be a better player?
Not my video, but here's one of the mission being beaten with the default loadout:

In general the mission is meant to be harder than most of the fights you will get into in the campaign for the Phantasmagoria.
It combines missiles with good tracking, Fast fighters, EMP damage, and shields that are hard to bypass. To end up with an overall set of things that test the ships capabilties.

Axelord

• Ensign
  • Murderhobo In Space
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Amazigh's Ship Foundry v1.2.0
« Reply #136 on: May 27, 2024, 10:42:57 PM »

I think the GMP is mostly fine as-is. It might survive as slightly-too-good if you run ASF as your only mod. The missile is rather easy to intercept, and actually does a better job at saturating PD than actually delivering damage. It's like an ugly, club-footed cousin to Diable's micromissile spam. Ki is already on the rarer side of damage types when it comes to missiles, with the only vanilla reloading analogue to the GMP being the Resonator.
I'm not complaining because you're talking about gimping a weapon I love. I don't. I use the GMP pretty much exactly never after two cycles, since I tend to Wolfpack-spam with either Alvarium Doctrine ships, or with The Herd/Antique frigates.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2024, 05:58:32 AM by Axelord »
High Alpha Best Alpha - Can't die if all your enemies die in one salvo, and damn the poor tech who had his hand on a power conduit at that moment.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]