Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Codex Overhaul (05/11/24)

Poll

What's next? (pick 2 options)

Boarding Frigate
Heavy Cruiser
Capital-class Carrier
Dreadnought (bigger battleship)
A Batavian Homesystem
More misc; Weapons, Hullmods, Shipsystems

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Project Batavia V10 - Part of Exerelin! Uomoz's Sector compatible!  (Read 142507 times)

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Project Batavia (WIP) V6 - Now part of Exerelin!
« Reply #105 on: February 25, 2014, 05:53:06 AM »

I suggest you use a dark color (or Batavian gray) for the phase effects.
I made the negative a little darker. This makes the overall phase look darker.

Also, made a Goalkeeper for large slots:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 06:23:11 AM by Erick Doe »

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 25, 2014, 11:56:43 AM »

So, the Goalkeeper is a huge shotgun?  Or is it like the Flak Cannon, where it has proximity burst?  Can't really tell, but either way, a nice way to kill missile. :) My beloved Flak will always be in my heart,  but I must see how this functions. ;)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 11:58:19 AM by The Soldier »
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

legion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Total Annihilation Papercraft
« Reply #107 on: February 27, 2014, 02:13:35 AM »

Goalkeepers are probably bullet spammers, just like in the real world? (Really liking this mod, though I haven't played it yet).

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 27, 2014, 05:57:27 AM »

They are bullet spammers, though unlike the real world's high velocity gattling spray, these goalkeepers fire clusters of bullets in quick succession. So, more or less like the pellets from a shotgun. Fighters are bound to get hit by some bullets and missiles have a hard time getting through these clusters.

Their relatively short range compared to most main combat guns (like the Hailstorm-series) and the fact they deal fragmentation damage makes them a poor choice as ship-to-ship weapon. But against fighters and projectiles they are very effective.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 02, 2014, 06:39:54 AM »

V7 is almost upon us, featuring:

-B-37 Donderbus rebalanced (more useful now)
-B-38 added (upgraded B-37 Donderbus)
-Goalkeeper I through III added (heavy energy-based PD weapon series)
-K-41 Maarschalk added (heavy large ballistic / explosive deck gun)
-Fokker F1 Defender added ("drone" shipsystem for the Karel Doorman carrier)
-Zwaardvis-class added (phase cruiser)
-Tweaks to graphics, descriptions, stats and missions
-Added campaign station, fleets (9), resupply fleet, etc.
-Battleship Galactica mission added

I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting about a few things.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 02, 2014, 07:22:29 AM »

Project Batavia will have a dockyard in the outskirts of the Corvus System in V7. Shall I put all the ships in there? Or would you prefer to see some basic Batavian ships for sale, with the rest being delivered by convoys over time?

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Project Batavia Version 7b (click icon for download)

New additions to V6:
-The Koning-class battleship - added
-An elite squadron of Fokker fighters - added
-A squadron of fighters that can be directly controlled by the player - added
-Ramming Speed shipsystem for the battleship, including custom emergency siren sound - added
-Batavian Heavy Armour hullmod - added
-Revised missions - Test and Battle mission now use Batavian-variants. Regular missions still use vanilla variants.
-New ship names - 25 new names added to the list
-Batavian ships appearing on main menu
-Updated sim opponents - now includes all Batavian ships and variants
-0.6.2a compatible CR deployment / recovery and repair costs - update
-Batavian variants for all Project Batavia ships, using Hailstorms and Donderbusses - Donderbusses added as built in weapons
-New weapon series: Hailstorm I through V - added
-New weapon: B-37 Donderbus - added
-New portraits: Heavily altered vanilla Starsector portraits, made to look like Batavian uniformed personnel - added / replacing old portraits
-Updated descriptions

New additions to V7b:
-B-37 Donderbus rebalanced (more useful now)
-B-38 added (upgraded B-37 Donderbus)
-Goalkeeper I through III added (heavy energy-based PD weapon series)
-K-41 Maarschalk added (heavy large ballistic / explosive deck gun)
-Fokker F1 Defender added ("drone" shipsystem for the Karel Doorman carrier)
-Zwaardvis-class added (phase cruiser)
-Tweaks to graphics, descriptions, stats and missions
-Added campaign integration: a Batavia Shipyards station, fleets (9), resupply fleet, etc.
-Battleship Galactica mission added

Exerelin still has to be updated to make full use of V7's changes and new features. Though existing content that has been updated for 0.6.2a does already affect Exerelin. Also, V7 should be compatible with Uomoz's Sector. If you load up PB alongside Uomoz's Sector, it should create a PB station in Corvus, along with PB fleets.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 07:00:03 AM by Erick Doe »

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Excellent. :D Nice drone system for the Karel Doorman, gives it some much needed firepower (good lord, 4 Donderbus?  That's a lot more than the usual Fokker).
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Wriath

• Captain
    • View Profile

Been watching this since you started it and hoping for Uomoz integration of some sort. Amped!

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

I made a booboo. I forgot to add Batavian weapons to the convoy that delivers things to the Batavia Shipyards. This is fixed in 7b. I also took the liberty to fix a spelling error here and there and changed the debris fields around the station with something more Batavian.  :)

Been watching this since you started it and hoping for Uomoz integration of some sort. Amped!
Would be nice. Still, you can run it alongside Uomoz's Sector. The station will be there and the fleets will spawn, but blueprints won't work and you can't actually trade with the station.

Fokker F1 Defender

The Fokker F1 Defender is the next-gen Batavian fightercraft. It surpasses the E6 and E7 in firepower and sustainability as it carries four B-38's and is armoured with a heavy composite alloy. The advanced technology integrated into the F1 means that it is heavily reliant on a command carrier and so far the Karel Doorman is the only vessel to date to have this compatible technology on hand.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 09:31:28 AM by Erick Doe »

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Question time! Since the basics are now all here, what would make Project Batavia (even) better in your eyes? A new ship? If so, what sort of ship do you suggest? More (and more varied) weapons? Sprite overhaul (improving existing sprites and making a variety of paintjobs for the same ships)? More miscellaneous content (hullmods, shipsystems, etc.)? I'd really like to get some more input. I have plenty of ideas, but it might be better for me to focus on what is really needed / wanted.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

For sprite overhauls, I think the Karel Doorman is in need of some improvement.  Of all the Batavian ships, it sticks out the most, even compared to the Zwaardvis Phase Cruiser.  The flight deck doesn't really look like a flight deck, just armor plates - make it looks more like a runway, look at the Ironclad's mod, the RSF carrier for a really good idea of what I'm thinking about. A bigger command deck wouldn't hurt, to help direct those Fokker F1s.

New ships?  Maybe a heavy fighter wing, something that can put the fear of death into frigate captains.  But to be honest, I'm rather satisfied with the amount of fighters in-game. :) One of the reasons why I love this mod!

A missile weapon for the faction would be nice, to vary it's ordnance, but the Harpoon fits the faction both functionally and visually, so that's not really at the top.

EDIT:
By the way, nice drawing of the Fokker Aces (Elites?).  Give a nice perspective of it.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 12:07:56 PM by The Soldier »

Lcu

• Commander
    • View Profile

Maaaybe another frigate like the Java-class. It is a pretty fun ship to start with and no doubt it will be fun to have another one similar.
Spoiler
Ctrl+F, type 6
[close]

Piemanlives

• Commander
  • I've Got This, I think...
    • View Profile

I'd have to say weapons, while the ones we have are certainly nice, a few more couldn't hurt, give these ships a bit more firepower to show their worth.
This is called me throwing my missile swarm at you, and by swarm I mean massacre, and by missiles... I actually just mean missiles, there's actually not much to it really.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Was my eyes deceiving me or do the Mk V Hailstorms have a strange firing/resting animation where the sides stick out at rest and suck inwards during fire? Or vice versa? I was just messing with a Batavian ship (the biggest one I could, I don't know it's name, it was just in the sim) and noticed the graphics of the gun seemed to change whenever it fired.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19