Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Codex Overhaul (05/11/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: [0.97a] LOST_SECTOR - Exploration and Quest content  (Read 145232 times)

Zalpha

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] LOST_SECTOR - Exploration and quest content
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2023, 01:50:32 PM »

Not sure but does this mod spaz out with a Nex random start? Does it work when you do a random start? Also if you start with quest line completed, will the mod still work?

Kissa_Mies

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2023, 04:39:56 PM »

Not sure but does this mod spaz out with a Nex random start? Does it work when you do a random start? Also if you start with quest line completed, will the mod still work?

Yes, the mod works with random sector. You can even do the questline just fine, you'll find the NPCs at the outpost market. The quest is entirely unrelated to the vanilla one so starting with it completed doesn't matter.

Selfcontrol

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2023, 03:41:19 AM »

Hello.

After finally beating the story (loved it btw !), I'm doing a new playthrough, this time with a Wolfpack-type fleet. I'm having troubles unlocking Hostile Takeover and I'm wondering what is a "proper fleet" and being "qualified". Is only a minimum level required ? I messed around with the console commands and it seems that I need to be level 14 to unlock the quest, regardless of my fleet's composition (I tried buying a couple of cruisers to see if I could unlock the quest sooner, but the level requirement stayed the same).

Level 14 is a too high in my opinion, especially since you can do a combat focused build and heavily expand your fleet power with a piloted flagship. I wonder if lowering the minimum level to 10 wouldn't be better.

Kissa_Mies

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2023, 02:14:36 PM »

Hello.

After finally beating the story (loved it btw !), I'm doing a new playthrough, this time with a Wolfpack-type fleet. I'm having troubles unlocking Hostile Takeover and I'm wondering what is a "proper fleet" and being "qualified". Is only a minimum level required ? I messed around with the console commands and it seems that I need to be level 14 to unlock the quest, regardless of my fleet's composition (I tried buying a couple of cruisers to see if I could unlock the quest sooner, but the level requirement stayed the same).

Level 14 is a too high in my opinion, especially since you can do a combat focused build and heavily expand your fleet power with a piloted flagship. I wonder if lowering the minimum level to 10 wouldn't be better.

The requirement check scales off the player level, officer count and their level, and fleet size. It does pretty heavily weigh the player lvl, but the fleet size check only counts fitted ships which is probably why you didn't see a difference when you tested.

Selfcontrol

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2023, 11:56:09 AM »

Hello.

The requirement check scales off the player level, officer count and their level, and fleet size. It does pretty heavily weigh the player lvl, but the fleet size check only counts fitted ships which is probably why you didn't see a difference when you tested.

Thanks for your answer. That clears up a few thing.

After playing some more, I think the new hullmods you made shouldn't be lootable. They should only be acquired by doing quests. These hullmods open up lots of possibilites even for vanilla ships and are very refreshing to use (and powerful) and acquiring them should be a reward. However, I always find them before doing the first quest : Enemy Unknown. Since it is not a quest you can rush early game, you always do exploration missions and bounties to get money/XP and I always find most of the hullmods or all of them after looting a couple of Resarch Stations.

It kinda dillutes the feeling of being rewarded.

drstrangelove444

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2023, 07:03:49 PM »

Made an account to tell you how great I think this mod is. It adds a lot of fun while exploring. Those AI fleets are super dangerous but really rewarding when you get some of those weapons they drop. The faction ships you have made are great as well. They are unique and really fun to pilot although they seem to crush everything vanilla (with ease) when you get a few of your capitals and you stack the bonuses with hull mods. A prosperity class can blow up a paragon with ease @ equal dp. Keep up the good work!

Kissa_Mies

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2023, 02:28:26 PM »

Hello.

Thanks for your answer. That clears up a few thing.

After playing some more, I think the new hullmods you made shouldn't be lootable. They should only be acquired by doing quests. These hullmods open up lots of possibilites even for vanilla ships and are very refreshing to use (and powerful) and acquiring them should be a reward. However, I always find them before doing the first quest : Enemy Unknown. Since it is not a quest you can rush early game, you always do exploration missions and bounties to get money/XP and I always find most of the hullmods or all of them after looting a couple of Resarch Stations.

It kinda dillutes the feeling of being rewarded.

I kinda like the idea of making them quest rewards / purchase only from Kesteven, you do always seems to be really likely to get them from random exploration loot, so it's prolly a good change. Now you get even more rewards to working and interacting with the Corp.

Made an account to tell you how great I think this mod is. It adds a lot of fun while exploring. Those AI fleets are super dangerous but really rewarding when you get some of those weapons they drop. The faction ships you have made are great as well. They are unique and really fun to pilot although they seem to crush everything vanilla (with ease) when you get a few of your capitals and you stack the bonuses with hull mods. A prosperity class can blow up a paragon with ease @ equal dp. Keep up the good work!

First of all, thanks <3
Yeah, I think the time is due for some light nerfs to the stronger ships. Although I don't really see the issue with the Prosperity. It feels relatively balanced to me - like of course it steam rolls with 3 s-mods and a lvl 6 officer, but pound-for-pound it's worse than the good vanilla caps (60dp is *expensive*)

« Last Edit: August 03, 2023, 02:35:05 PM by Kissa_Mies »

Deageon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2023, 07:23:28 PM »

Does this mod happen to add a "??? Cache" to a random proc-gen system with a trail of derelict ships leading to it, way out in the fringes?

Geinsbeing

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2023, 08:58:40 PM »

I am loving playing through the mod. It has been great so far.

Unfortunately, I have run into a bit of a bug I am hoping you might be able to look into when you get time. When I try to engage the <Top Secret> station, I get a crash to desktop. Looking at the logs, it looks like a null pointer exception when trying to load combat. Log entry below:

Spoiler
Code
427750 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at scripts.kissa.LOST_SECTOR.campaign.nskr_exileManager.exile(nskr_exileManager.java:177)
at scripts.kissa.LOST_SECTOR.campaign.nskr_exileManager.advance(nskr_exileManager.java:148)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Here is my mod list if it helps:
  • A new level of Confidence 40 3.1
  • Autosave 1.2b
  • Combat Chatter 1.13.2
  • Fuel Siphoning 1.3.0
  • Lost Sector 0.5.0g
  • LazyLib 2.8
  • MagicLib 1.1.3-rc01
  • Nexerelin 0.11.0b
  • Supply Forging 1.5
  • Tahlan Shipworks 1.2.4
  • zz GraphicsLib 1.7.0
[close]
If there is any troubleshooting I can do, or if you need my save, just let me know. No rush or pressure. Great mod!

Kissa_Mies

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2023, 02:45:24 AM »

Does this mod happen to add a "??? Cache" to a random proc-gen system with a trail of derelict ships leading to it, way out in the fringes?

The mods does add *The cache*, but that's a seperate location entirely. So no, it's not from this mod.

I am loving playing through the mod. It has been great so far.

Unfortunately, I have run into a bit of a bug I am hoping you might be able to look into when you get time. When I try to engage the <Top Secret> station, I get a crash to desktop. Looking at the logs, it looks like a null pointer exception when trying to load combat. Log entry below:

Spoiler
Code
427750 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at scripts.kissa.LOST_SECTOR.campaign.nskr_exileManager.exile(nskr_exileManager.java:177)
at scripts.kissa.LOST_SECTOR.campaign.nskr_exileManager.advance(nskr_exileManager.java:148)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Here is my mod list if it helps:
  • A new level of Confidence 40 3.1
  • Autosave 1.2b
  • Combat Chatter 1.13.2
  • Fuel Siphoning 1.3.0
  • Lost Sector 0.5.0g
  • LazyLib 2.8
  • MagicLib 1.1.3-rc01
  • Nexerelin 0.11.0b
  • Supply Forging 1.5
  • Tahlan Shipworks 1.2.4
  • zz GraphicsLib 1.7.0
[close]
If there is any troubleshooting I can do, or if you need my save, just let me know. No rush or pressure. Great mod!

This is a known issue, but thanks for notifying me anyways. A fix will be coming soonTM once I finish the patch.
Also this isn't related to combat or the super secret station, it's just some background campaign logic *** up.
Sadly this is quite a nasty bug and basically bricks your save, unless you can ensure that Asteria doesn't get invaded or the Kesteven outpost market has a Heavy Industry (not Orbital Works)

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2023, 05:08:37 AM »

Version checker says version 0.5.1a is available but i dont see it here. have you not gotten to updating the post just yet?

Kissa_Mies

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2023, 05:31:26 AM »

Version checker says version 0.5.1a is available but i dont see it here. have you not gotten to updating the post just yet?

The download links stay the same when it's updated, so just re-download from the main post. I was gonna wait a bit to make sure everything works with the new version before updating the forum post.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2023, 05:54:59 AM »

The download links stay the same when it's updated, so just re-download from the main post. I was gonna wait a bit to make sure everything works with the new version before updating the forum post.

Ah, ty.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2023, 10:45:07 AM »

I just got my hands on a blackbird and oh wow, Lost sector is now a must have. I am blown away by the augmented systems and augmented weapons hullmods, i loovvee when ships make me think about what hullmods to take like that. (I really miss the 'better s mods' improvements for that very reason, the 0.96 version of s-mod bonuses is just kinda weak and mid except for expanded mags and armored mounts)

The flux dump mechanic, the market music! Oh i love it all!

Kissa_Mies

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2023, 02:43:26 PM »

New patch, contains a large amount of crash and bug fixes, save compatible

Dowload 0.5.1a
https://drive.google.com/uc?id=11UXuyhN6sS5FliOT3dvX1NjX3hljFl8O&export=download

Patchnotes

Version 0.5.1a
- Reworked Stasis system
   - Now fires an interceptable projectile that explodes in an area effecting all ships, Reloaded with system use

- Prosperity, reduced max flux 32,000->30,000
- Nighthawk, reduced armor 1,050->950
- Devilcatcher, reduced armor 850->800
- Kingstork, reduced armor 500->450, reduced top speed 125->120
- Dragontail, reduced armor 450->400, reduced max flux 3,400->3,200

- Fixed a crash with prototype/enigma hulls
- Fixed a rare crash with the Freya EMGL
- Fixed a rare crash with cache core quest dialogue
- Fixed a possible major crash with Kesteven exile event
- Fixed a nullPointer with Nicholas quest dialogue
- Fixed Outpost spawning in Sentinel system and made random bounties not spawn there
- Fixed Enigma AI portraits to match the correct level of AI core
- Fixed being able to do unintended interactions with Frozen Heart market
- Fixed Frozen Heart comm directory having random entries
- Fixed being able to use Kesteven services after getting the *other* questline ending
   - Other ending now also caps your max relationship with Hegemony and Kesteven
- Fixed S-Mod removal giving 100x the bonus XP (oops)   
- Fixed Bite ALG and BF Pulse lightning chaining to phased targets
- Kesteven bar intel event fixed, it will now work consistently giving either warning beacon systems or survey ship/mothership systems
- Kesteven hullmods no longer can be received as drops. Instead received as quest rewards / bought directly.
- Derelict proc-gen Enigma cruisers spawn considerably less often
- Adjusted Nex dispositions for Kesteven
- Adjusted Enigma fleet spawning

[close]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16