Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Space Station showcase  (Read 20435 times)

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Space Station showcase
« on: November 19, 2018, 09:11:44 AM »

If you consider these buildable stations a spoiler, then don't open any spoilers, I guess.
As far as I know, player built stations will try to get as close to these loadouts as possible, given the available blue prints.

Small LOW-TECH station (orbital station) starts with 3 modules
Spoiler

[close]
Small MIDLINE station (orbital station) starts with 2 modules
Spoiler

[close]
Small HIGH-TECH station (orbital station) starts with 3 modules, plus 2 independent, spinning shield modules (20k caps, 1k dissipation, 0,6 efficiency and fortress shield) that you can attack, despite it being "over" the station
Spoiler

[close]

Medium LOW-TECH station (battle station) gets 3 more modules and some armour bits around the main (Heavy Combat) module
Spoiler

[close]
Medium MIDLINE station (battle station) gets 2 more modules
Spoiler

[close]
Medium HIGH-TECH station (battle station) gets 1 more module and a giant shield on the other side of the station
Spoiler
[close]

All big stations/star fortresses have a built-in minefield (low and midline ones have random ones, but high tech gets two modules that spawn mines like Doom (but better), that like to spawn 10 mines around one lasher because they don't like it). Low tech and midline star fortresses also get armour plating around all of their modules.
Spoiler

[close]

PD DRONES - low-tech star fortress gets 5 drones, high-tech star fortress gets 4 drones, midline star fortress gets 3 drones.
Spoiler
[close]

All stations have a hullmod that allows dissipation of their modules/sections to be shared between one another. All sections with fighter bays have a special hullmod that prevents replacement rate from falling down, under any condition. All high-tech stations have 2 additional shields that rotate independently from inner modules, but in synch with the sticking out citadel and heavy armour piece, which cover holes in the shields.

Tei

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station showcase
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 09:29:58 AM »

I find the midline station halirious because most of its fire power is usually facing one direction but because its spinning around it has to do a full rotation everytime it spins pass its focused target.

Kind of like a lunatic on a carasel going "AAAAAAaaaaaAAAAAAAaaaaaaAAAAAA" and he gets louder as he spins backnaround to you. Except its not screaming its just several max size ballistic mounts vomiting shells at you.

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 09:36:34 AM »

So mid line stations are about the dakka? Nice.
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

Eji1700

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 10:01:14 AM »

What does destroying those prongs on a midline station do anyways?  I knows the pirate stations are all that model (so far anyways), and I generally focus those down first "because", but is there any actual point to it?

Algro

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 10:09:51 AM »

High tech stations have minefield as a system on the two sections with 3 large energy mounts, it's on the star fortress only.
Also, on star fortresses, there are these small spinning things rotating on a fixed axis. On the high tech variant, it is four of them with fortress shield systems and a paladin DP as its only weapon.

In my experience, properly fitted high tech stations are the strongest (Those long-range energy snipings are no joke, AND they have recalling bombers for further damage), seconded by low tech (Saturation attacks 360). Mid-tech seems good against battleships but weaker against bombers, sabot missile bombers especially.

Generally, all stations are weak against bombers, High tech deals with it by sniping the carriers at long range or by beaming the fighters down at long-range. Low tech has the best PD of them all, Mid-tech is lacking with its single facing focus fire module (A sitting duck with everything else destroyed).

PS. The prongs are Armor blocks to hide the main modules unshielded parts. Take them out and you'll have an easy time bypassing its shields directly dealing damage to the module.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 10:11:44 AM by Algro »

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 10:45:30 AM »

This is handy.  Can you outfit them normally, or is that a cheat/mod only feature?

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2018, 10:56:49 AM »

Do the mid & low tech large stations have an equivalent to the high tech's 4 micro-station orbitals? (armed with Paladin PD+fortress shield)

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2018, 11:13:10 AM »

This is handy.  Can you outfit them normally, or is that a cheat/mod only feature?
To refit things, they need to be in your fleet. You can't put a station in your fleet.
Do the mid & low tech large stations have an equivalent to the high tech's 4 micro-station orbitals? (armed with Paladin PD+fortress shield)
Put in the OP now.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2018, 12:31:33 PM »

I noticed that in dev mode, there are (default?) variants of stations, so I remade the OP with hopefully more accurate and useful information.