Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Codex Overhaul (05/11/24)

Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 717

Author Topic: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread  (Read 1759713 times)

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread
« Reply #5340 on: October 09, 2019, 01:14:27 PM »

Is there any way to change the range bonus for a single specific weapon? For example, to negate a range bonus/penalty from hull mods on a built in weapon, or to dynamically change its range with a ship system without affecting other weapons.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5341 on: October 09, 2019, 01:39:05 PM »

The only way right now would be if the built-in weapon is a type unique to that ship - i.e. the weapon is energy type, no other slots allow energy weapons, and the hullmod boosts the range of energy weapons.

In the next release, it'll be possible for arbitrary weapons without this type of restriction, via a WeaponRangeModifier that will be able to be added to ShipAPI.

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5342 on: October 09, 2019, 01:44:16 PM »

Okay, that's good news on the upcoming :) another question: do missiles have weight? If so, is it relative to any of their .csv stats?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5343 on: October 09, 2019, 01:47:23 PM »

You mean for flamed-out missiles colliding with things, right? IIRC it's the "impact" value from the csv.

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #5344 on: October 09, 2019, 09:47:57 PM »

Unless it just means you can never actually recover it but it still spawns as a derelict.
I'm pretty sure that is how UNBOARDABLE is supposed to work. Maybe "unrecoverable" would be more accurate, but it's not a player-facing word so eh

So after further testing, yes, this is misleading. It apparently also means that you cannot, as the player, recover any ship with this tag even if you purchase it and give it the Reinforced Bulkheads hullmod to ensure recovery post combat. I was trying to use this to lock out high tech vessels from easy salvage through post faction battle derelicts- not make them unusable for the player.  :P

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5345 on: October 10, 2019, 06:14:30 AM »

Is there an easy way to tell if there is an enemy inside of the arc of a gun? Need to make custom weapon AI
Check out my ships

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5347 on: October 10, 2019, 10:00:54 AM »

Is there an easy way to tell if there is an enemy inside of the arc of a gun? Need to make custom weapon AI
LazyLib has WeaponUtils.isWithinArc(CombatEntityAPI entity, WeaponAPI weapon)

How do you get a mod thread moved to the mods section?
I know, know I read it, but hell if I can find where.
Ask a moderator

@Alex: Concerning the above, perhaps it would be a good idea to have a pinned thread just for such requests? It seems to be a common source of confusion. At times I've been unsure about the best way to go about it myself. A pinned thread could be monitored by all moderators, and anyone who sees the thread's title would know how to get a mod thread moved.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5348 on: October 10, 2019, 10:03:43 AM »

So after further testing, yes, this is misleading. It apparently also means that you cannot, as the player, recover any ship with this tag even if you purchase it and give it the Reinforced Bulkheads hullmod to ensure recovery post combat. I was trying to use this to lock out high tech vessels from easy salvage through post faction battle derelicts- not make them unusable for the player.  :P

Could you have your hullmod do:
stats.getDynamic().getMod(Stats.INDIVIDUAL_SHIP_RECOVERY_MOD).modifyFlat(id, 0f);
When it's not in the player's fleet?

See: Misc.isInArc() methods. IIRC LazyLib also has some utilities for this sort of thing.

@Alex: Concerning the above, perhaps it would be a good idea to have a pinned thread just for such requests? It seems to be a common source of confusion. At times I've been unsure about the best way to go about it myself. A pinned thread could be monitored by all moderators, and anyone who sees the thread's title would know how to get a mod thread moved.

Hmm, not a bad idea. Would probably entail cleaning up some of the stickies, though, wouldn't want to just add more as there's already a bunch...

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5349 on: October 10, 2019, 10:18:14 AM »

Could you have your hullmod do:
stats.getDynamic().getMod(Stats.INDIVIDUAL_SHIP_RECOVERY_MOD).modifyFlat(id, 0f);
When it's not in the player's fleet?

Gotcha so (just to make sure I understand what you are saying) I remove the tag, then implement a similar behavior through a custom hullmod into the ships I want to remove from derelict salvage, and the hullmod itself can filter whether or not the ship is player owned so it wouldn't affect their ability to recover the ship?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5350 on: October 10, 2019, 10:50:24 AM »

Yeah, exactly. I'm not sure what other constraints you have so maybe this wouldn't cover everything? But as far as the "recoverable/not recoverable" behaviors, seems like this should do it.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5351 on: October 10, 2019, 10:59:56 AM »

Yeah, exactly. I'm not sure what other constraints you have so maybe this wouldn't cover everything? But as far as the "recoverable/not recoverable" behaviors, seems like this should do it.

Thanks I'll try it out. :)

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5352 on: October 10, 2019, 02:22:53 PM »

Can you effect Rarity (from the ship_data.csv file) through a skin file by chance?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5353 on: October 10, 2019, 02:28:06 PM »

Negative.

Display_name

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5354 on: October 10, 2019, 06:59:48 PM »

I tried setting MaxShipsInAIFleet to 8 in StarSector-Core, because I want smaller battles (My system have difficulty handling the biggest battles).
I tarted a new game but I am still seeing massive fleets.
I am missing something?

I thought maybe a mod overrode it, but my only suspect (Nexerelin) did not have the line MaxShipsInAIFleet in its settings file.
Other mods I have is Black Rock Drive Yards, DiableAvionics, Interstellar Imperium, JP_RC, and SCY.
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 717