Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Codex Overhaul (05/11/24)

Author Topic: I love fighters but I feel they're very underappreciated in game  (Read 640 times)

AlfLig

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I've been playing the game on and off for years now, pulling in more hours than in any other game I own.
The more the game gets updated, though, the more I feel like fighters and interceptors are not exactly as useful as they could be, especially in their designed roles.

For example:

- interceptors will continuously prioritize attacking ships rather than dogfighting or intercepting attackers/bombers.

- Fighters kind of do the same with the exception that they are actually designed to be tough and extend life expectancy of the other fighter crafts within the formation.

- I LOVED to see fighters dogfighting for control points in the early versions of the game, which gave them even more importance and dynamic to the battle, as I very much preferred to send (and hopefully start a dogfight I could watch) fighters to capture control points rather than sacrificing a frigate or Corvette and do a back and forth until the big guys come in.

I also feel like there's a lot of wasted potential for strategy and game depth, so my question is:
Is there a mod that I do not know of, or a future update planning on taking into consideration my (selfish) observations?