Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Codex Overhaul (05/11/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: [0.96a-RC8] HexShields - Shield Reskin v1.3.1  (Read 100033 times)

tomatopaste

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a-RC8] HexShields - Shield Reskin v1.3.1
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2023, 06:02:52 AM »

Is it possible to expose these variables in mod settings?
And integration with LunaLib would be a chefs kiss.

nah

Lycaeon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2023, 05:49:41 PM »

Having tried out the mod I would suggest increasing the transparency of the vanilla shading mode, as it's currently more opaque than the original vanilla shields to the point where it obscures certain ships, especially when using a zoom out mod. Basically something like the unfilled hex mode but without the hexes.

There's also an issue where certain damage types such as beams have their collision effect covered by the shield instead of in vanilla where the damage effects are supposed to overlay the shields. This can be readily seen in the second tutorial where the wolf shoots your ship with tactical beams.

BlackMetal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2023, 01:29:59 AM »

Having tried out the mod I would suggest increasing the transparency of the vanilla shading mode, as it's currently more opaque than the original vanilla shields to the point where it obscures certain ships, especially when using a zoom out mod. Basically something like the unfilled hex mode but without the hexes.

There's also an issue where certain damage types such as beams have their collision effect covered by the shield instead of in vanilla where the damage effects are supposed to overlay the shields. This can be readily seen in the second tutorial where the wolf shoots your ship with tactical beams.

You can change shields alpha channel to make it less transparent and brighter:
- Open "HexShields\data\shaders\shield_nofill.frag" (in Notepad, just as text file)
- Increase last number "fColor.a *= l * ff * damp * color.a * 2.0;" (i set it to 5.0)

Lycaeon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2023, 02:05:53 PM »

You can change shields alpha channel to make it less transparent and brighter:
- Open "HexShields\data\shaders\shield_nofill.frag" (in Notepad, just as text file)
- Increase last number "fColor.a *= l * ff * damp * color.a * 2.0;" (i set it to 5.0)

This is exactly what I needed, except I used the shield_vanilla.frag file and I changed it to 1.0 instead of 5.0 (or you can just delete the * 2.0) and the transparency increase is perfect for the vanilla shields. It also reduced the issue of the shield overlapping damage effects. Much thanks!  :D

Virban

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2024, 06:09:06 PM »

First of all thank you for the great mod! For me it is one of the must haves so the question is will this mod be updated to 0.97 or I should just cry in the corner?

bongchong1

• Ensign
  • Bongchong9864 (Discord)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2024, 09:14:48 AM »

There may be an update as another mod made by tomatopaste (CMutils) has gotten updated to 0.97, but as of now you can change the mod_info.json to 0.97.

(I have been doing this for a bit and it has worked without any problems so far!)

tomatopaste

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2024, 10:25:48 PM »

First of all thank you for the great mod! For me it is one of the must haves so the question is will this mod be updated to 0.97 or I should just cry in the corner?

It still works between versions just change the version number in the mod info file
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]