Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Discord 'screen share' removes cursor  (Read 1327 times)

Ragnarok101

• Commander
    • View Profile
Discord 'screen share' removes cursor
« on: February 25, 2024, 12:05:43 PM »

Trying to get this to stream on Discord for a friend. Game detection is wonky and points towards a Java executable rather than the main .exe, and when loaded, my cursor becomes invisible.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Discord 'screen share' removes cursor
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2024, 12:13:55 PM »

Not familiar with how that all works, but: there's a "useSoftwareMouseCursor" setting in data/config/settings.json that may help you here.

Ragnarok101

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2024, 12:45:20 PM »

Not familiar with how that all works, but: there's a "useSoftwareMouseCursor" setting in data/config/settings.json that may help you here.

Tried it, and no, no dice.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2024, 01:33:44 PM »

Hm, that's super weird, since at this point if the game can render anything at all, it can also render the cursor.

Just to clarify, do you mean the cursor in-game or outside the game window?

Ragnarok101

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2024, 03:51:21 PM »

Hm, that's super weird, since at this point if the game can render anything at all, it can also render the cursor.

Just to clarify, do you mean the cursor in-game or outside the game window?

The in-game cursor. It's really darn weird.

To add more detail:

Discord doesn't really 'detect' the game until launched. Launching a stream allows the other person to see things...it just makes the in-game cursor invisible to me only. They either end up seeing the whole thing cursor included, or a black screen with only the cursor.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2024, 03:59:15 PM »

Thank you for elaborating! Not sure what to suggest, unfortunately - the software cursor setting not working has me completely stumped.

Ragnarok101

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2024, 06:47:45 PM »

Thank you for elaborating! Not sure what to suggest, unfortunately - the software cursor setting not working has me completely stumped.

I'm gonna see tomorrow if the defaultMouseCursor setting next to it does anything. It's either that or some CPU/GPU nonsense.

LiorHodge

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2024, 10:23:55 PM »

Thank you all for your suggestions. I am searching for it online and I am glad I found your post where I found my answer. I will surely keep it in my mind. Thanks for helping me out. I also would like to help you. If you or any of your known person wants to buy case study then you can visit or suggest this https://academized.com/buy-case-study-online website where you will find professional essay writer who will help you.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 10:12:34 PM by LiorHodge »

MikroBelka

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2024, 08:18:48 AM »

Hello! Have a same problem here. I don’t know what to add except that nothing I tried to change in .settings helped. I hope that the solution to this problem will be soon, I’m looking forward to being able to stream my favorite game to my friends! >;]

Konradius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2024, 07:50:14 AM »

Not about discord, but I did have a no cursor issue in my game which was fixed by changing this setting from false to true.
So thanks!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2024, 08:33:10 AM »

Glad it helped!

(About the Discord issue - an idea occurs, are there any mouse-related settings in Discord for this feature? The only way that comes to mind for it to be able to mess with the mouse pointer when the software cursor is enabled is if it disabled the mouse for the game entirely and the cursor is perma-stuck in the corner or something.)

Ragnarok101

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2024, 12:37:40 PM »

Glad it helped!

(About the Discord issue - an idea occurs, are there any mouse-related settings in Discord for this feature? The only way that comes to mind for it to be able to mess with the mouse pointer when the software cursor is enabled is if it disabled the mouse for the game entirely and the cursor is perma-stuck in the corner or something.)

Hm.

There is a hardware acceleration option, which generally means it tries to use GPU and can cause black screens with streaming stuff like Netflix iirc. I'll fiddle with it at some point and report back.

Ragnarok101

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2024, 07:14:46 PM »

UPDATE: Disabling hardware acceleration in Discord seemed to fix the problem, allowing me to stream with no issue. This is a relatively new option, which explains why I was able to stream before I made this thread.

Mark it for some FAQ somewhere.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2024, 08:11:33 PM »

Nice, glad you got it sorted out!

MikroBelka

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2024, 01:15:21 PM »

UPDATE: Disabling hardware acceleration in Discord seemed to fix the problem, allowing me to stream with no issue. This is a relatively new option, which explains why I was able to stream before I made this thread.

Mark it for some FAQ somewhere.

However, even without hardware acceleration my cursor is still not visible.
Pages: [1] 2