Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Codex Overhaul (05/11/24)

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 85

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ashes of The Domain  (Read 419085 times)

Kiith

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Ashes of The Domain
« Reply #1215 on: May 06, 2024, 12:42:58 AM »

So i have a Fuel Production site, a Modular Constructor  - Fuel Production type and the required research, but i can't seem to upgrade to a Blast Processions unit. Says "Modular Constructor  - Fuel Production type required to be installed in Fuel Production" and the upgrade is greyed out. I don't have the option to install it though, but the Synchrotron Core in my inventory can be.

Am i missing something?
re-download vok module , if this still happens i ll investigate that

Tried redownloading it there, but no luck (see screenshot). Attached my mod list as well, in case that helps.

Thanks for the help, awesome mod btw.

Kiith

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: May 06, 2024, 12:46:47 AM »

Screenshot of error attached.

Kiith

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: May 06, 2024, 03:49:54 AM »

Any console commands i could use to upgrade my industries? I'd be happy to upgrade them and then scrap the item for the time being.

Coil

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: May 06, 2024, 08:11:39 PM »

So, going forward, updates for the mod will only be on the forums / website, no longer the unofficial discord ?

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: May 06, 2024, 10:39:10 PM »

So, going forward, updates for the mod will only be on the forums / website, no longer the unofficial discord ?

Er, what?

Uther Phobos

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: May 07, 2024, 02:20:19 AM »

Er, what?
The downloads. And that has been the case for a while now.

Akrane

• Ensign
  • Casual Exploration and Colonization Enjoyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: May 07, 2024, 10:42:15 AM »

I'll preface this by saying that while I really like most of what this mod (or trio of mods, if you will) is about, I think the "Rampant Crime" event is fairly badly designed and frustrating to deal with.

First off, it triggers quite often when your stability is low, to the point that two consecutive events in my playthrough have been two different colonies getting Rampant Crime. That probably makes it a bit too oppressive and frequent on a good day, but when you add up the fact that "project" colonies will rarely have good stability at first since you need to build it up with the planet/system's infrastructure, it means it'll come up very, very often in-game.

Then comes the first part of the event. No choices, only pain, making the (often) new colony a complete dump for a while. I feel like with just how punitive this event is, that isn't necessarily the worst idea, but it is unfun to get ambushed by "your colony is *** now, 'kay bye!" in event form. If at all possible, I feel like the chain should gain an event before this one, one that gives you a chance to bail out of Rampant Crime by warning you of it coming, 'cause as things are the best you can do is never have a temporarily unstable colony, which is nearly impossible to do unless you specifically make it your main goal when colonizing, which seems... kinda shite?

And finally, after waiting for a while, you get to the second part of the event. That one, I have no issues with. Choosing between a bit less than two years more of your planet being a dump or getting a permanent modifier on it that's somewhere between a downgrade or sidegrade is fair enough, and I wouldn't have a problem with that if the rest of the "Rampant Crime" experience was more avoidable and it thus didn't feel like a mandatory two years of any substandard colony sucking major ass rather than the due consequences to your reckless actions.

In summary, "Rampant Crime" is too rampant an event, and it sucks enough ass that I'll either have to engineer my entire playstyle around avoiding the *** thing or figure out how to change how it works myself.

Sorry about the rant, BTW, but this event made my new game such a chore I felt like I needed to get this out of my system.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 10:57:29 AM by Akrane »

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: May 07, 2024, 03:12:57 PM »

Huh, I've never even seen Rampant Crime before.  Just how low is your stability and how long does it stay that low?

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: May 07, 2024, 03:46:37 PM »

Ashes of The Domain  Vaults of Knowledge 2.1.5 Patch  : Gramma Part 1 We are so back. Save compatible with 2.1.0-2.1.4
Spoiler
-Fixed gramma in terms of typos and spelling in commodities, ui, intels etc etc. Only industry descriptions are left to do.
 -Fixed issue with being soft-locked when you leave pre collapse facility IMMIDEATLY AFTER you defeat fleet guarding it.
 -Fixed issue with Fuel Production modular constructor not working.
 -Minor bugfixes in terms of performance.
[close]

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: May 07, 2024, 04:31:44 PM »

Ashes of The Domain  Vaults of Knowledge 2.1.5 Patch  : Gramma Part 1 We are so back. Save compatible with 2.1.0-2.1.4
Spoiler
-Fixed gramma in terms of typos and spelling in commodities, ui, intels etc etc. Only industry descriptions are left to do.
 -Fixed issue with being soft-locked when you leave pre collapse facility IMMIDEATLY AFTER you defeat fleet guarding it.
 -Fixed issue with Fuel Production modular constructor not working.
 -Minor bugfixes in terms of performance.
[close]

Woot!  Thanks Kaysaar!

Akrane

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: May 07, 2024, 05:34:21 PM »

Huh, I've never even seen Rampant Crime before.  Just how low is your stability and how long does it stay that low?
Probably 2-4 (I think I'm lowballing it here, honestly), and one whole month, max two before the event happened the three times I've had it...
My bad for trying to make a 175% Hazard colony work 'cause it's at a convenient spot (see, same system as main colony), I guess, but it's fairly hard to compensate for the possibility of this happening immediately in these situations.
If it's unlikely and I've just had godawful luck over two different playthroughs, my salt might have been justified but just mis-directed.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 05:38:32 PM by Akrane »

chrysalisx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: May 07, 2024, 05:41:09 PM »

Does anyone know what the `Janus Device Analysis` research does? It says something about allowing further research of the gate structure - Is this just an intermediate tech or is there something we can do with that unlock?

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: May 07, 2024, 09:22:07 PM »

Probably 2-4 (I think I'm lowballing it here, honestly), and one whole month, max two before the event happened the three times I've had it...
My bad for trying to make a 175% Hazard colony work 'cause it's at a convenient spot (see, same system as main colony), I guess, but it's fairly hard to compensate for the possibility of this happening immediately in these situations.
If it's unlikely and I've just had godawful luck over two different playthroughs, my salt might have been justified but just mis-directed.  ;D

That's so strange.  Did you have shortages that lasted the first few months or are you personally overseeing more than 2 colonies?  Or are there any events reducing stability?  I've never had colonies stay that low like that outside of some external factor, even on worlds with 250% hazard ratings.  I don't even generally build any structures that provide extra stability right away unless it's a world that can benefit from a hazard reduction from Domed Cities.

Akrane

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: May 08, 2024, 04:48:14 AM »

That's so strange.  Did you have shortages that lasted the first few months or are you personally overseeing more than 2 colonies?  Or are there any events reducing stability?  I've never had colonies stay that low like that outside of some external factor, even on worlds with 250% hazard ratings.  I don't even generally build any structures that provide extra stability right away unless it's a world that can benefit from a hazard reduction from Domed Cities.

I think a lot of the answer there is that I tend to use Free Port initially until my colony gets off the ground enough to compensate for the negative growth rate, and then proceed to nearly immediately get hit by Rampant Crime lol.
Also, yes, shortages do happen early on a bit since I tend to colonize just far enough that you'll probably have a good or another in deficit from time to time (especially considering I like random sectors, which often means some goods being sparse) and I'm generally too busy at the time I start colonies to fully babysit them if they're almost always fine.

Then again, maybe my way to play is just wrong for this mod tbh.

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: May 08, 2024, 02:33:31 PM »

Spoiler

I think a lot of the answer there is that I tend to use Free Port initially until my colony gets off the ground enough to compensate for the negative growth rate, and then proceed to nearly immediately get hit by Rampant Crime lol.
Also, yes, shortages do happen early on a bit since I tend to colonize just far enough that you'll probably have a good or another in deficit from time to time (especially considering I like random sectors, which often means some goods being sparse) and I'm generally too busy at the time I start colonies to fully babysit them if they're almost always fine.

Then again, maybe my way to play is just wrong for this mod tbh.
[close]

That could possibly be the reason why.  I always play extra defensive so by the time I start my first colony I have at least 10+ million cr and a powerful fleet to babysit.  However I've also always activated Freeport status immediately and only ever deactivate it if the stability goes below 6, though I've very rarely had it drop that low.  Do you also select the "Use commodities in storage" immediately for your new colony?
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 85