Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Notifications when your colony starts drawing expeditions  (Read 693 times)

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Notifications when your colony starts drawing expeditions
« on: August 30, 2019, 06:26:04 AM »

I think that there should be a notification when your colony passes the threshold to start drawing expeditions for a certain commodity. A pop-up along the lines of "you receive an incoming transmission from a hegemony commissary: We have taken note of your increased (commodity) production. Your actions are threatening the economic security of the hegemony and its citizens. If you do not cease or reduce operations by (date), we will have no choice but to reduce them ourselves."

A bit of flavor and also help for inexperienced players to know that they are in danger.

Also, I've really enjoyed how nexerelin has pop up notifications for major events (particularly for faction wars and stuff that requires a response). I think implementing some of that for major events could avoid situations where the player misses notifications in the scrolling list on the side of the screen. There's a lot there and it's easy to miss stuff, and missing expeditions notifications is a pretty big deal. It would be particularly nice for AI inspections where you have a choice of how to respond. Perhaps you could laos have the choice of allowing the hegemony to reduce production by one of your industries for a period of time instead of trying to fight off the expedition.

33k7

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Notifications when your colony starts drawing expeditions
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 10:12:42 AM »

for me it's always been Major notifications  make a noise unique to them

if you're on good terms with the faction that's about to send a expedition I think that would be a valid option though I am hoping that eventually the base factions start spending their credits developing their own planets and colonizing new ones . (is there actually a mod for this?)

also a possibility here maybe if your commissioned/Allied (possibility in the future.) and prices start getting a little too low for them they can request that you cut down your production of resources. exchange you increase favorability with them and maybe get some kick back.

I'm kind of surprised that some of the nation's don't get angry about you having a Freeports. just a quick look at my original 10 colonies and I I'm almost making 500000 credits from having that on. I literally control the black market in illegal organs and Drug trade maybe they do get angry about that and I haven't noticed because it seems they always go after my heavy industry an manufacturing colonies

Hegemony AI inspections this is something I have to say needs to stay the way it is there have been two major Wars about AIs so I don't see them making exceptions even if your best buds with them.

AIs make you a crap load of profit even bribing the hegemony I'm still making about 2 million credits now this month and it's actually easy to trick the hegemony to go after a colony that is out in the Sticks by putting two or 1 alpha cores in it and maybe a few beta cores it seems to always go after the same colony of mine because it has the most amount of high-level AIs in it. An it takes them nearly 4 months to get there and they sometimes help with the pirate problem in the area.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Notifications when your colony starts drawing expeditions
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 10:45:17 AM »

Hegemony and Luddic Church only send expeditions if your colonies have Free Port.  If none of them do, they leave you alone.  (Hegemony still does inspections if you use cores.)

Also, Free Ports make expeditions more frequent.