Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]

Author Topic: [0.97a] Quality Captains: A Skill Rework - Now with perks! v1.6.0  (Read 217089 times)

Rockermen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Quality Captains: A Skill Rework - Now with perks! v1.6.0
« Reply #300 on: May 04, 2024, 09:12:07 AM »

Well, i've deleted the automated_ships.skill file and the CaptainsAutomatedShips.java file and still have a really bad alpha core drop rate, i destroyed 5 [redacted] ordos and no alpha cores. Any other solution?

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 04, 2024, 08:48:46 PM »

Well, i've deleted the automated_ships.skill file and the CaptainsAutomatedShips.java file and still have a really bad alpha core drop rate, i destroyed 5 [redacted] ordos and no alpha cores. Any other solution?

You can try editing the core drop chance in the vanilla file. By default it has 5% chance on a frigate, and 20% (x4 modifier) on a capital. Try changing the modifier to 20 for 100% drop or 1,000 like the station for a totally guarantee drop.

Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\data\config\settings.json

Station always drop even with QC Automated Skill. If you have Nex or other faction mods that has a station with the alpha core, you can blow them up to get a core every 30 days (don't raid and steal the core).

lannnnnnar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 05, 2024, 08:05:02 PM »

You can try editing the core drop chance in the vanilla file. By default it has 5% chance on a frigate, and 20% (x4 modifier) on a capital. Try changing the modifier to 20 for 100% drop or 1,000 like the station for a totally guarantee drop.

Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\data\config\settings.json

Station always drop even with QC Automated Skill. If you have Nex or other faction mods that has a station with the alpha core, you can blow them up to get a core every 30 days (don't raid and steal the core).
I think this changes the drop rate of all cores, so while it'll probably help with the alpha cores not dropping you'll also get other cores more. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]