Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Codex Overhaul (05/11/24)

Author Topic: [0.97a] Mass Effect (Under development)  (Read 1398 times)

Moriarty_ME

• Ensign
    • View Profile
[0.97a] Mass Effect (Under development)
« on: May 05, 2024, 10:16:26 AM »

Hello there,

I've been playing this game for weeks and love all the great mods people have made! But as a huge Mass Effect fan, it saddens me to see not a single mod for it, since it's a perfect game for such additions. So I thought, despite having no modding experience, I would delve into it. I read and read, crashed and crashed. After two long annoying days, I finally learned how to add in ships, factions selling ships you've made, customize stats, flags, and so on. I'm still learning how to do more. My goal is to create a whole faction with the Alliance, Turians, Asari, and so on. I aim to make ships, hulls, wings. This is the most I think I can do since I have no coding experience and have no clue how to code for heavy stuff.

If anyone wants to jump in to help with this project I'll be working on, I would greatly appreciate it since I have zero experience and it will likely take a long time until the mod is finished. Will release a beta in future but will take some time.

Here's a sneak peek of what I got working and added in. :)
I'll update when I make more progress and have time. I hope you all look forward for a mass effect mod!

Content
Here you will find all that has come together so far. So check regularly.  :)

Faction

Flags (more will come in future)

Some familiar faces :D (more will be added in)

Now we have wings to the mod!

Commissioned Crews support!

Custom Star System for faction SA whit some lore to the planets

[close]

Ships

Kilimanjaro - Capital

Furies - Capital

Leonidas - Capital

ARV Galea - Capital

York - Cruiser

Houston - Cruiser

Prototype Thanix - Cruiser

Alsek - Destroyer

Fandort - Destroyer

Betuia - Destroyer Cargo

Alamo - Frigate

Einstei - Frigate

Normandy SR2 - Cruiser

Normandy SR1 - Destroyer

[close]

[close]

« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 05:25:27 PM by Moriarty_ME »

Proxima Centauri

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Mass Effect (Under development)
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2024, 10:26:19 AM »

Hey this is actually a pretty good start, good job!

Looking forward to seeing where this goes, it will certainly be a challenge making it all work in starsector, maybe have all the ME ships use built-in weapons only? Not sure, regardless we could always use some ME around here :)

I know there was a mod for GSB(gratuitous space battles) that had Mass Effect stuff, could try contacting the guy who made that and see if he would share any of his sprites, as that game was also a top-down simulation style space battler. I think it was called "fantasy fleet 2"

Moriarty_ME

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2024, 10:52:46 AM »

Hey this is actually a pretty good start, good job!

Looking forward to seeing where this goes, it will certainly be a challenge making it all work in starsector, maybe have all the ME ships use built-in weapons only? Not sure, regardless we could always use some ME around here :)

I know there was a mod for GSB(gratuitous space battles) that had Mass Effect stuff, could try contacting the guy who made that and see if he would share any of his sprites, as that game was also a top-down simulation style space battler. I think it was called "fantasy fleet 2"

Thanks alot!

Yes, it will take some time to learn everything and get it all working and balance everything too. Ok i will take a look at that. Thanks for the tip!
I am gonna add in some built in weapons gonna try get that thanix cannon installed. But Garrus needs to calibrate the ships more before that gets installed.  ;D

CaptainPhoenix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2024, 12:10:02 PM »

You have my full support! Which honestly isn't much since I'm broke and have no relevant skills to help...BUT I'm with you in spirit!

Moriarty_ME

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2024, 02:46:53 PM »

You have my full support! Which honestly isn't much since I'm broke and have no relevant skills to help...BUT I'm with you in spirit!

Your support is all i need thanks. =)

Just posted a little update on what i got together so far. More will come soon.

Moriarty_ME

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2024, 09:37:58 AM »

Been working for 12 hour to learn and to get the damn wings to work after a 50+ crashes  >:(
Got it to work finally and have been working adding in wings to the mod. Check main post for picture. hope you guys like it!

Moriarty_ME

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2024, 08:43:58 PM »

Next update. Progress is going good so far.  :D

Pictures of all in main post

1. New portraits with higher res and stylized look.

2. New high res and better stylized flags.

3. New ships: ARV Galea – Asari Capital, Betuia – Turian Cargo, Furies – Cerberus Capital & Huston – Cruiser.

4. All vanilla weapons modified whit around 30-40% more range to compensate all bigger ships. (custom weapons will come in future updates)

Now i need to sleep for a long time. Hope you like the update!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 08:47:54 PM by Moriarty_ME »

Proxima Centauri

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2024, 04:50:20 PM »

Holy hell you've progressed so quickly!

You're making so much progress so fast, and it looks remarkably good for how little experience you have!

Don't burn yourself out because this looks to have great promise, friend!

Moriarty_ME

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2024, 08:40:47 PM »

Holy hell you've progressed so quickly!

You're making so much progress so fast, and it looks remarkably good for how little experience you have!

Don't burn yourself out because this looks to have great promise, friend!

Thanks a lot! Yes been working almost 3 days none stop (need a little break now to recharge). I just learn to code with IntelliJ IDEA and get my faction to work and be picked with Nexerelin mod. Holy cow was it pain full to learn coding and get a god damn custom starsystem and faction to work, still a lot to learn. But it's fun!

Lots of creds to community guides and discord modders hellping with problems that got me in to do the damn coding. (will ofc credit all when mod is ready to be published)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2024, 08:43:47 PM by Moriarty_ME »

Moriarty_ME

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2024, 04:59:15 PM »

Here comes a big update for the mod. We might look at a release build in maybe 1-3 weeks. If it keeps gooing this good so far (fingers crossed)

Pictures  of all in main post

1. Custom star system for System Alliance faction and custom market.

2. Faction is now playable and can be picked with Nexerelin mod.

3. New ships: Normandy SR1, Normandy SR2

4. lore added to the SA factions planets
Earth: In the aftermath of the Reaper War, the galaxy lay scarred but resilient. With the Reapers defeated, Earth rallied to rebuild amidst the wreckage. Old rivalries were set aside as new alliances formed.

After 670 years post-Reaper War, Earths best scientists utilized Reaper technology to construct the very first man made Mass Relay and embarked on a new journey into uncharted space, where new threats awaited

Mars: Mars has come a long way since the first humans landed on the planet and began terraforming efforts. Now, Mars serves as Earth's military and scientific base, where much of the new "Reaper technology" originates

5. Ships are now uppdate whit stats and layout and just need some balance testing. I need some beta testers. If you are intrested write a reply "i want to beta test" and i will contact you.

6. Commissioned Crews support! Great calibrations to the ships, from Garrus Vakarian. (armor buff for now will change it later to something more uniqe)

Next on list: make own bluebrint and new hullmods

CaptainPhoenix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2024, 09:02:47 PM »

Definitely looking good so far

Godofchaos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2024, 02:51:12 PM »

Give this man a cookie !