Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44]

Author Topic: Huske System: AI vs AI battles (Roleplay PvP) 2.0  (Read 149746 times)

nonomo4

• Lieutenant
  • The Light!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Huske System: AI vs AI battles (Roleplay PvP) 2.0
« Reply #645 on: September 06, 2013, 05:16:22 PM »

Admiral Felix is back! But on a deeper note, the timing isn't optimal so i'll see how everything will be done before jumping into what could be another good season.  :)

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 30, 2014, 12:28:04 PM »

Necro bump!

Could we resurrect this for 2014?
Maybe with a mod & tools to streamline/automate the process?

With proper base game support I honestly think 'Gratuitous Starsector battles' is a strong enough concept to stand all by itself, independently of whatever Starsector becomes.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 30, 2014, 03:15:59 PM »

This is just a random suggestion to help streamline the process (and it might not even work in the end).  Forewarning, to make this as streamlined as possible, I'd suggest the Vanilla Addon - Variants mod, as players WILL NOT be able to make their own loadout (I fondly remember Uomoz complaining a good amount about this part ;))

Spoiler
What if you literally make the Huske System?  You could make the various player fleets flying around near a central point (for ease of access to each other - more on that later).  The "Observer" fleet (the fleet that you're moving around on the map) would play no part in actually doing any of the fighting, only to tour the system and manipulate what fleets attack each other (more on that later as well).

OK, to the Player Fleet AI.  These fleets will be neutral to each other at all times, aside from when they decide to pound each other into the stardust on the command of their admirals.  Now, I'm not sure if you can set these fleet to be the same faction, yet able to attack each other on command of the Observer fleet.  If they can, the easier it is to implement, otherwise you'd need a separate faction for each fleet.  Also, these fleets can be easily edited to add or subtract ships and edit variants through the save file. :)

OK, to the actual Player fleet fighting.  It's be as easy as clicking three buttons, first going to a station to bring up a dialogue.  Next you will choose the first Player fleet, then the next, similar to the beginning of a new game in vanilla Starsector.  These who fleets will then be ordered to attack each other (but not become hostile to each other, to save these two fleets from killing each other while the Observer isn't watching).  They attack, break off, and the battle is documented in the Text that comes up in the bottom-left of the screen.

Alright, this sounds like a god-awful amount of work (to start off with).  But, if I can see the future correctly, it'll make the battles much easier to do.  The way that players input data could hopefully be done in the same way as it has been before.
[close]

Maybe this'll work. :/
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44]