Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]

Author Topic: [0.97a] Carter's Freetraders - V 2.1 - 04/04/24  (Read 183329 times)

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Carter's Freetraders - V 2.0 - 03/17/24
« Reply #315 on: April 02, 2024, 09:54:10 PM »

I just realized I accidentally posted my questions about the Hellfire MIRV launchers in the Carter's Hullmods thread instead of here...   :-[

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I wasn't really commenting on what the correct range for the missiles should be, just that their performance in regards to effective range seemed much farther than the range on the tooltip.

I also just remembered that one thing I found kind of odd was that the medium version fires in bursts of 3 shots yet it has only half as many missiles as the small version.  Even doubling the ammo capacity either via the skill Missile Specialization or Expanded Missile Racks the medium version of the Hellfire MIRV exhausts its ammo super fast.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Carter's Freetraders - V 2.0 - 03/17/24
« Reply #316 on: April 02, 2024, 11:43:33 PM »

I just realized I accidentally posted my questions about the Hellfire MIRV launchers in the Carter's Hullmods thread instead of here...   :-[
Heh, that's OK I got the notification either way. I was just having some fun poking at you :)
Anyway, I just wanted to say that I wasn't really commenting on what the correct range for the missiles should be, just that their performance in regards to effective range seemed much farther than the range on the tooltip.
When I read your follow up on CJHM, I had a clearer view of what you were getting at and figured this is what you meant.
I also just remembered that one thing I found kind of odd was that the medium version fires in bursts of 3 shots yet it has only half as many missiles as the small version.  Even doubling the ammo capacity either via the skill Missile Specialization or Expanded Missile Racks the medium version of the Hellfire MIRV exhausts its ammo super fast.
I designed that line so long ago I do not remember how I calculated them TBH. I'll give them a once over and see what I can do to address that while keeping them viably balanced.

I am trying yet again to hide Hiver markets but have not been successful but I have one other idea that I'll try and implement today. Either way, success or fail, I'll move on to a CFT update this week and I will include your insight to it. As always, I appreciate the comments and follow up.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Carter's Freetraders - V 2.1 - 04/04/24
« Reply #317 on: April 04, 2024, 09:36:36 AM »

v2.1 -Save game compatible - Note: The new "NoNex" optional does require a new game if enabled
   -Cutter: Changed the Culverin firing arc from 360 degrees to 45 degrees rear facing - Repositions it in it's proper role as a PD mount and not contribute to overall DPS - Ty Aaroooon for your insights
   -Skjold: Increased armor from 400 to 500. lowered wing count from 2 to 1, cost from 9k to 6k, OP from 12 to 10 and refit from 10 to 9 - Puts it in it's role as a heavy fighter - TY Aaroooon & Shogouki for your comments
   -Triton: Raised the fleet points to 30, supplies per month to 50 and deployment cost to 50 - Better reflects it's big-boy status
   -Hellfire MIRV Launcher: Increased the ammo count from 30 to 60 giving it 10 more shots to keep it relevant throughout a fight - TY Shogouki for pointing it out
   -Katyusha Missile: Increased the projectile speed from 225 to 300 and launch speed from 125 to 150- Helps it's performance as a point defense distractor
   -Culverin: Fixed a long standing typo by changing the chargedown from 0.01 to the correct 0.1 and adjusting the damage to compensate - TY BirdWanderer for pointing out that it was below the hard cap
   -Fog of war: Reimagined it to be a 2 OP PD weapon by adjusting it's stats - I try to offer options that are not already offered and 3 OP PD weapons are common whereas 2 OP is lacking
   -Saker: Added a burst delay of 0.1 - Fixing an oopsie on my part where it was blank - TY Maritusa for pointing it out
   -Increased the range of all CFT unguided rockets to 1200 with the exception of the Chet - Puts them in line with Vanilla rocket ranges - I exempted the Chet for theme reasons - TY Shogouki for your commentary
   -Added optional files to enable CFT to work w/out Nexerelin - Instructions on the Forum OP - TY Morrow for giving me the idea

As always, I am so thankful to all the players who make suggestions and comments that I can use to make the mods the best it can be for all of us. I look forward to any additional commentary so if you have a suggestion or issue please keep them coming -Enjoy!

Haineko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 07, 2024, 12:18:54 AM »

For some reason when I updated it caused all of the CFT ships which usually have hard-coded drone fighters to not have those hard coded. Which is hilarious, but also how do I fix this? xD

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 07, 2024, 04:20:02 AM »

For some reason when I updated it caused all of the CFT ships which usually have hard-coded drone fighters to not have those hard coded. Which is hilarious, but also how do I fix this? xD
Hello there, I assume it has been a couple versions since you updated. I state that because back in version 1.9 I unlocked all the ships that had built-in wings as a balance change. You would need a 1.8 version of the mod to have them all hard-coded. If you would like I could host and post a link to that version.

Haineko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 07, 2024, 11:57:36 AM »

Whoops, I guess I didn't read back far enough in the changelog. I thought I had made a mistake somewhere, but if it's intended then all good. Thanks though!  ;D

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 07, 2024, 12:31:25 PM »

Whoops, I guess I didn't read back far enough in the changelog. I thought I had made a mistake somewhere, but if it's intended then all good. Thanks though!  ;D
Oh do not worry about it, lord knows I've made plenty of mistakes :) I hope you enjoy the current version but either way I hope you have fun with the game.

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 07, 2024, 04:36:14 PM »

v2.1 -Save game compatible - Note: The new "NoNex" optional does require a new game if enabled
   -Cutter: Changed the Culverin firing arc from 360 degrees to 45 degrees rear facing - Repositions it in it's proper role as a PD mount and not contribute to overall DPS - Ty Aaroooon for your insights
   -Skjold: Increased armor from 400 to 500. lowered wing count from 2 to 1, cost from 9k to 6k, OP from 12 to 10 and refit from 10 to 9 - Puts it in it's role as a heavy fighter - TY Aaroooon & Shogouki for your comments
   -Triton: Raised the fleet points to 30, supplies per month to 50 and deployment cost to 50 - Better reflects it's big-boy status
   -Hellfire MIRV Launcher: Increased the ammo count from 30 to 60 giving it 10 more shots to keep it relevant throughout a fight - TY Shogouki for pointing it out
   -Katyusha Missile: Increased the projectile speed from 225 to 300 and launch speed from 125 to 150- Helps it's performance as a point defense distractor
   -Culverin: Fixed a long standing typo by changing the chargedown from 0.01 to the correct 0.1 and adjusting the damage to compensate - TY BirdWanderer for pointing out that it was below the hard cap
   -Fog of war: Reimagined it to be a 2 OP PD weapon by adjusting it's stats - I try to offer options that are not already offered and 3 OP PD weapons are common whereas 2 OP is lacking
   -Saker: Added a burst delay of 0.1 - Fixing an oopsie on my part where it was blank - TY Maritusa for pointing it out
   -Increased the range of all CFT unguided rockets to 1200 with the exception of the Chet - Puts them in line with Vanilla rocket ranges - I exempted the Chet for theme reasons - TY Shogouki for your commentary
   -Added optional files to enable CFT to work w/out Nexerelin - Instructions on the Forum OP - TY Morrow for giving me the idea

As always, I am so thankful to all the players who make suggestions and comments that I can use to make the mods the best it can be for all of us. I look forward to any additional commentary so if you have a suggestion or issue please keep them coming -Enjoy!

My only concern about the Cutter change is that more often than not mine run into hostile missiles and fighters in the front.  I wonder if there's a way to make the PD weapon only fire at missiles and fighters so that it could remain 360 degrees but still not contribute to attacking larger ships?

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 07, 2024, 05:16:46 PM »

My only concern about the Cutter change is that more often than not mine run into hostile missiles and fighters in the front.  I wonder if there's a way to make the PD weapon only fire at missiles and fighters so that it could remain 360 degrees but still not contribute to attacking larger ships?
Hello Shogouki, always a pleasure to get a message from you as I know it will be well written and not a rant. :) I am unsure if that is a thing I can do with fighters. I had it 360 for that very reason but I did not want to remove one of it's primary weapons to balance it so this seemed a good way to not only lower it's DPS but also it's survivability which both went into balancing it. I just finished a marathon updating spree on all my mods an plan to take a couple days off from modding unless it's a crash report but I will look into it and get back to you then.

Weyland - Yutani

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 08, 2024, 12:21:24 AM »

The ships are BEAUTIFUL! They all looks... so industrial! They are just genuinely awesome to look at.

Lore - "The excise men knew immediately who had broken in as he was known to be an upright man." Imagine the evidence that catches you is the fact that you're too good of a dude lol

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 08, 2024, 12:39:22 AM »

The ships are BEAUTIFUL! They all looks... so industrial! They are just genuinely awesome to look at.
Coming from Weyland Yutani that is quite the compliment, thank you! :)
Lore - "The excise men knew immediately who had broken in as he was known to be an upright man." Imagine the evidence that catches you is the fact that you're too good of a dude lol
! Someone has read the lore, squeeee!

For real though, welcome to the forums and I must say what a nice treat to wake up to your comments.

Weyland - Yutani

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 08, 2024, 03:00:40 AM »

Coming from Weyland Yutani that is quite the compliment, thank you! :)
! Someone has read the lore, squeeee!

For real though, welcome to the forums and I must say what a nice treat to wake up to your comments.

Lol See! We know good ships when we see them!
They're honestly fantastic, exactly what I was looking for.

The lore is a good chunk of the fun!
I like the lore in this case specifically. It kinda shows that in this universe you can be an "Honourable Bad Guy", the whole honourable rogue and all that, commit crimes without automatically being a pirate. It adds a whole new element, and it's just fun.

Thank you for the warm welcome!
I've been playing the game for a few weeks, and thought I'd try out some new mods, but I'm super picky. But this is absolutely one that'll be on my list from now on.
So, thank you for the treat!

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 08, 2024, 04:21:13 AM »

Lol See! We know good ships when we see them!
They're honestly fantastic, exactly what I was looking for.
That is so nice to hear, I hope you enjoy your time in game.
The lore is a good chunk of the fun!
I like the lore in this case specifically. It kinda shows that in this universe you can be an "Honourable Bad Guy", the whole honourable rogue and all that, commit crimes without automatically being a pirate. It adds a whole new element, and it's just fun.
Yep that is the point of this mod. I sometimes like to smuggle but the assets to do so are almost all pirate related.
Thank you for the warm welcome!
I've been playing the game for a few weeks, and thought I'd try out some new mods, but I'm super picky. But this is absolutely one that'll be on my list from now on.
So, thank you for the treat!
What a nice thing to read, I appreciate that. Oh and you're welcome, I guess? :)
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]