Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1118215 times)

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0
« Reply #2910 on: May 05, 2017, 11:33:56 PM »

Well, you've gone and made a liar out of me. Impressive.

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2911 on: May 05, 2017, 11:51:00 PM »

Removed skills changes

This might be a stupid question but, are we talking about the SS+ skill bonuses?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
    • Email
« Reply #2912 on: May 06, 2017, 12:15:15 AM »

Removed skills changes

This might be a stupid question but, are we talking about the SS+ skill bonuses?

Both the change to XP rate/skill points that was in previous versions, and the new skills and skill balance changes.  All skill changes are gone.

Ali

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2913 on: May 06, 2017, 01:45:42 AM »

Just had to drop in to say thanks so much!! for your continued efforts!! it's so v.much appreciated, takes Starsector as a great game to an epic one with quality of your mods!

Hope you'll get chance to update your other mods so i can have a fleet of Starlight cabal & maybe see IG Eagle's in the future too?

Cheers again! :)

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: May 06, 2017, 11:59:42 AM »

First time using the the new update, and (D) mods don't seem to be applying thier maintenance reduction.
Spoiler
[close]

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2915 on: May 06, 2017, 01:03:54 PM »

thanks for the update! :]

First time using the the new update, and (D) mods don't seem to be applying thier maintenance reduction.
Spoiler
[close]
d-mods only reduce maintenance costs if you have the Field Repairs skill at rank 3. that's a vanilla thing.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: May 06, 2017, 01:21:44 PM »

thanks for the update! :]

Spoiler
[close]
d-mods only reduce maintenance costs if you have the Field Repairs skill at rank 3. that's a vanilla thing.

My bad. I could have sworn it was maint first, then recovery.

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: May 07, 2017, 11:23:44 AM »

as someone who never quite followed this mod: what is the "overhauled" bounty system like?
mmm.... tartiflette

cjuicy

• Captain
  • Missiles and Mecha, my boys. Missiles and Mecha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2918 on: May 07, 2017, 12:34:26 PM »

as someone who never quite followed this mod: what is the "overhauled" bounty system like?

I don't remember if it was Ship/weapon pack that did it, but there are "Famous Bounties" which you accept like a mission. They pay quite a bit, and they involve special "mod-hulls" which are alternate versions of ships (Both vanilla and modded). They start as beginning destroyer fleet level, and (with mods) can go to the borderline impossible without losing a third of your fleet.

Youtuber Nemonaemo is good to watch to see just how hard some of these can get. I believe it was his Corvus mode playthrough or season 7.
"Light the Stars with your Incendiary Rounds!"
"They thought I was insane for thinking I could push Jangala into the sun! Boy, were they wrong."

Orloth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: May 07, 2017, 05:23:11 PM »

If this has been asked and answered I apologize as I must have missed it. Anywho, I tried to download and use the latest java 64 bit to take advantage of changing RAM amount, and the message I get shows that starsector will not work with anything but java 7. Is this something in SS+ or in the backbone of the game itself? Anyone else have this issue?

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: May 07, 2017, 05:36:11 PM »

If this has been asked and answered I apologize as I must have missed it. Anywho, I tried to download and use the latest java 64 bit to take advantage of changing RAM amount, and the message I get shows that starsector will not work with anything but java 7. Is this something in SS+ or in the backbone of the game itself? Anyone else have this issue?

It's a known issue, and not mod-related. Starsector doesn't like Java 8. At all. It works for some people, but more often than not if you try to run Starsector with Java 8 it'll throw a tantrum.

Orloth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: May 07, 2017, 05:37:36 PM »

Gotcha. thank you for the quick reply. Quick question then, do I need to still change the vramps folder to make mods work with the new version? Will SS+ run multiple mods or does it need Nex to be updated prior to running multiple mods again?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 05:40:23 PM by Orloth »

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: May 07, 2017, 05:44:09 PM »

Gotcha. thank you for the quick reply. Quick question then, do I need to still change the vramps folder to make mods work with the new version? Will SS+ run multiple mods or does it need Nex to be updated prior to running multiple mods again?

Not sure. XD My level of technical support is basically nil - I only knew about the Java 8 issue because it's gone around the forums a few times already.  ;) Anyway, someone more informed than me will probably be along shortly with the answer.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: May 07, 2017, 06:15:25 PM »

You will need to use an updated memory allotment and 64 bit java 7 with Starsector eventually, but I doubt that you will need it until .8.1 drops as that update is holding several mods back. Also, it will come with 64 bit java 7 instead of 32
Another thing: You don't need certain mods to use more than one mod. You only need mods like Lazy and GraphicsLibs to run mods, but those are required even if you run a single mod that needs them
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 06:22:41 PM by Midnight Kitsune »
Stop trying to balance the game around a few minmaxers...
Programming is like sex:
One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.

Tired of having your game crash because of out of date mods? Then click here!
Spoiler
Get Version Checker today! Now with 90% less hassle! Simply toss it into your mod folder, activate the mod like a normal one and BINGO you will now be informed of any and all updates when you start SS campaign up!
[close]

Recklessimpulse

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: May 07, 2017, 06:24:10 PM »

Does anyone know what the compatible mods are?
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197