Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1331706 times)

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Starsector+ 3.4.0
« Reply #2760 on: April 13, 2016, 04:37:05 PM »

Best mod out there for sure, should be in it's entirety a part of the core game.
I am very much on board with splitting it up and giving the pieces to multiple maintainers. Starsector allows for for many mods activated simultaneously, so there is no real need to package a do it all mod.

Alphascrub

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: April 13, 2016, 05:41:05 PM »

Honestly I think your making a good choice. Your health is vastly more important that anything that is taking place on this mod, in this game or in this forum. I don't know the particulars of what is going in your life but stress and health are always things you have to watch out for. Thank you for all your hard work and patience and all the fun hours that your mod has given other people who play this game. You do a great job and I hope you get well ASAP.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 05:44:24 PM by Alphascrub »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #2762 on: April 13, 2016, 05:47:44 PM »

I can handle the parts that I'm splitting the mod out to.  However, the things I am not doing:
- Campaign Revamp
- Skill Changes
- Rebalance

Those three things were hugely time-consuming.  The new mods have a well-defined scope that I won't be crossing.

CaptainWinky

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: April 13, 2016, 06:37:54 PM »

Best mod out there for sure, should be in it's entirety a part of the core game.
I am very much on board with splitting it up and giving the pieces to multiple maintainers. Starsector allows for for many mods activated simultaneously, so there is no real need to package a do it all mod.

I agree, this mod fits so well with vanilla SS that I can't imagine not using the new ships and gameplay tweaks.  Splitting it into smaller mods instead of one big mod sounds like a good thing: it offers more choice for people who want or don't want a specific feature.  I like everything that's in it though.  I'm having fun discovering secret Cabal markets, fighting standard frigates with the oddball Torch, etc.

Hope things get better soon DR.

Ratheden

• Lieutenant
  • Slaughter cannot be spelled without Laughter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: April 13, 2016, 06:40:10 PM »

Notice:
In the coming month I'll be splitting IBB, Cabal, and the SS+ ship/weapon pack (incl. randomizer) into their own mods.

As someone stuck in the hospital with health concerns, listen here,  those first !....   and Then SS+

Thank you for SS+ and the other things you have added to the game to make it so much better..

SS+ Rulz.

Surge

• Captain
  • Go big or go home.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: April 13, 2016, 07:07:05 PM »

I'm moderately confident that in this massively talented modding community somebody would be willing to pick up and keep those campaign changes functional and continue to expand them even.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: April 13, 2016, 07:52:15 PM »

I'm moderately confident that in this massively talented modding community somebody would be willing to pick up and keep those campaign changes functional and continue to expand them even.

With how complex those campaign features are, I wouldn't be so sure. I know how complicated they are and exactly which folks have the skill to work on such things, so it is most likely wishful thinking as they have projects of their own.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #2767 on: April 13, 2016, 08:38:57 PM »

If anyone's interested in taking over the stuff I'm not splitting off, send me your credentials on Skype (darkrevenantx at gmail dot com).

Alphascrub

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: April 13, 2016, 10:17:26 PM »

I feel like anyone who has the time to pick it up would more than likely prefer to add their own faction. If they already have their own faction they may run the risk of trying to do to much at once. Don't get me wrong I love overhauls to games but there is a reason why there are so few to this one, they are hard to upkeep and take lots of time create. Not to mention at the current dev cycle of the game balance is being looked around every patch it seems at least some so you get that much more work to try and work out every patch.

What I've come to love from SS+ how it improves the base sprites of the game. It just make the universe more full and frankly I haven't found a SS+ ship that didn't add or do something to the game. Sure the balance changes are nice but I like Dark's ships and the effort he put into adding ships to perform roles I never even knew existed more than his changes to character skills. Sure I love the bounties, and think they add some stuff to do but I'm really all about the ships. Like the Archer or Phalanx or strangely enough the Boar. Also the Vortex is the carrier I never though I needed but now that I know it exists I try and get one whenever I can. I just feel like they add a ton of flavor to the game because they look and feel vanilla.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 10:31:00 PM by Alphascrub »

Rathorn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: April 14, 2016, 09:30:43 AM »

I really love the mod, but unfortunately my laptop can't really handle it (well it runs fine, around 10 fps unless I'm in a menu) :/ is there any way to move folders for the extra skills and ships somewhere else so I can still use them?

isaacssv552

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: April 14, 2016, 10:04:28 AM »

I really love the mod, but unfortunately my laptop can't really handle it (well it runs fine, around 10 fps unless I'm in a menu) :/ is there any way to move folders for the extra skills and ships somewhere else so I can still use them?
The mod is about to be split into multiple smaller mods, which will allow you to do just that. If you have any faction mods in addition to SS+ removing them will also help. In general, the more systems/fleets you have the worse the performance. You should also switch to the craptop shader lib settings if you haven't already, and consider lowing the deployment limit. If that still isn't enough you can tweak the
Code
    "maxEconFleets":75,
    "maxPirateFleets":40,
    "maxMercFleets":20,
    "maxCabalFleets":12,
settings in mods/Starsector\ Plus/data/config/settings.json. Lowing the values decreasing the number of fleets the game spawns, making campaign less resource intensive.

Rathorn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: April 14, 2016, 10:19:14 AM »

The mod is about to be split into multiple smaller mods, which will allow you to do just that. If you have any faction mods in addition to SS+ removing them will also help. In general, the more systems/fleets you have the worse the performance. You should also switch to the craptop shader lib settings if you haven't already, and consider lowing the deployment limit. If that still isn't enough you can tweak the
Code
    "maxEconFleets":75,
    "maxPirateFleets":40,
    "maxMercFleets":20,
    "maxCabalFleets":12,
settings in mods/Starsector\ Plus/data/config/settings.json. Lowing the values decreasing the number of fleets the game spawns, making campaign less resource intensive.

Alright, I didn't think to tweak any of the fleet spawns, I'll try that and see if it helps. Thanks! :)

Edit: I tried dropping them all by half, didn't really seem to help. Gonna try a new game with only 4 or 6 systems now.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 12:48:28 PM by Rathorn »

isaacssv552

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: April 14, 2016, 02:09:51 PM »

snip

Alright, I didn't think to tweak any of the fleet spawns, I'll try that and see if it helps. Thanks! :)

Edit: I tried dropping them all by half, didn't really seem to help. Gonna try a new game with only 4 or 6 systems now.
Are you using Nexexerlin? If so dropping the system count is a good way to speed up the campaign. If you still have issues in battles you can lower "minBattleSize" to allow an even lower deployment limit.

Also, changing the fleet spawns may take some time to show an effect in an existing campaign, I don't think it despawns existing fleets.

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: April 14, 2016, 02:59:20 PM »

Have you tried using the low settings for ShaderLib? There should be a folder in your mods folder called "Shaderlib Craptop Settings", just drag the json file it contains into the ShaderLib folder.

Rathorn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: April 14, 2016, 04:42:20 PM »

Yeah i've done all that,  and it helps a little. Im still averaging 15-20 fps unless I'm in a big (more than 10-12 ships) fight. Just playing vanilla with a few faction mods works smooth tho
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 197