Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: What is your favorite ship?  (Read 39218 times)

Dr. Death[Lexx]

• Lieutenant
  • Solar Engineer
    • View Profile
Re: What is your favorite ship?
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2013, 01:05:05 PM »

Hammerhead...definately one balanced little destroyed that owed in my playtime more ships then any other craft.

Nooblies

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2013, 01:39:55 AM »

Would have to be the Onslaught.

Nothing says subtlety like burn driving into the midst of an enemy fleet.

Gabrybbo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2013, 02:32:08 AM »

The Falcon, she's a great combination of speed, agility and strenght in a cheap and flexible design.  :)
Gotta love mid-tech.  ;D
...you can be assured that whatever comes out of the dev-oven will be fantastic and delicious. And it will also include frosting and sprinkles.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2013, 08:52:39 AM »

Apogee.  Annihilates pirate fleets right out of the box; only gets better as you add skills.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2013, 03:33:13 PM »

Well, I've always been low-tech fan so its either the Enforcer or Onslaught.

The Enforcer is just a tank with 5 medium ballistic slots and 4 small missile. I put 2 dual flaks on the sides, then 2 hypervelocity drivers and then 1 heavy mauler in the middle. 4 annihilator rocket packs set to linked. The thing is just a beast - heavy armor, high hull and with burn drive it can really get around. Plenty of OP left over for 20 vents, some capacitors and a fair amount of hull mods provided you are speced heavily into Technology.

Onslaught, well... its the Onslaught, haha! With the new Technology skills giving up to 50% more OP you can turn the thing into a pure apocalypse machine. I go needlers in lights, 2 hephaestus assault guns on the sides with a storm needler in the other large slot, 4 medium rocket pods for a nonstop stream of rockets, 3 dual flaks with 2 on the lower sides and 1 in the front most medium turret... toss in some heavy needlers and maulers and its just gravy. You STILL have enough OP for 50 vents and lots of hull mods. :o

Drevend

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2013, 10:51:23 PM »

I'm just gonna have to go with the Tempest. Not only do I love the design, but it's so fun to pilot. Being able to whiz around and dodge anything is great. Plus having a Pulse Laser, Phase Beam, and Reaper means I can dish out some damage.

Pelly

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2013, 03:10:21 AM »

High Tech- Medusa, good speed armour and bastard weapons (on the wrong side of them)

Med Tech- Hammerhead good allrounder

Low Tech- Lasher, I love this ship as I spend 10 + hours in it  and the look and speed and i will keep going so i shut up now.

Gaizokubanou

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2013, 11:55:26 PM »

It used to be Enforcer until I just got too tired of using it so much! ;D  As of now I have no favorite...

Iscariot

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2013, 10:22:46 AM »

Ah, I remember a thread just like this many months ago ;)

My answer is still the same. The Conquest. A protagonist's capital ship-- a ship that thrives on customization, versatility, and finesse without the juvenile hypertech overtones of late epoch ships.

The idea is that the various tech levels represent different - not "better" - ways to do things.

Zenos Ebeth

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2013, 03:03:44 PM »

For me it's the medusa , because it's the definition of "punching above your weight class" with the attack loadout , phase skim into the enemy's face , and let him have some anti-matter goodness , then finish him with pulse lasers.

Wolf is also fantastic , when you start the game in it is deadly against the hound and lasher , which is what you fight most of the time , and once you start building up your fleet it becomes an extremely potent support ship (especially good at getting rid of these pesky bombers but also fighters in general).

Special mention for the odyssey because it's the true jack-of-all-trades ship.

Jazwana

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2013, 06:10:40 PM »

Same answer as the last thread, I'm with Iscariot: Conquest all the way.  Nothing like firing your jets and coasting past your frigates and fighters when you deploy :)

firstattak1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2013, 10:23:22 PM »

OH YAY!!!!
Mine is the Doom Class. I love that thing and i have a fun suport setup on him. dual Ions, Dual Needlers, Proximity Charges and Gravity Beams and pds and whatevers for the rest. It takes down shields, fighters, and there wepaons with the slightest of ease. and with augmented engiens and heavy armor its both fast and tanky.....I call it the LifeHunt Doom!

Pendragon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2013, 05:17:09 PM »

My favorite ship would have to be the Hyperion.Hands down.There's just nothing that compares to the sheer efficiency of this baby.You can destroy the entire Hegemony Defense fleet with just one of these little monsters!Heavy blasters with tac lasers and reaper torpedos; extended and hardened shields with an integrated PD Ai and maxed out flux.Nothing can touch you

I've always loved this ship and try and get my hands on one as early as possible. But my very favorite has got to be the Medusa class destroyer. For me its like a Hyperion on steroids. My normal set up is two pulse lasers, some good PD and two antimatter blasters. The pulse lasers will blow away fighters like they're nothing and the antimatter blasters are a devastating one-two punch for anything bigger. They can take out most fighters in one go or at least overload them so that the pulse lasers can tear it apart. You need to max out on flux vents to make it viable and be a little bit careful in big fire fights but the phase skimmer can always be relied on to get you out of a tight corner when you need it. I love, love, love this ship.

Sordid

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2013, 05:29:31 PM »

I'd have to say I'm quite partial to the Medusa myself. Nice and agile, while not skimping on the firepower either. Perfectly suits my playstyle.

I'd have to agree with that. And it has a teleporter that's super useful for getting out of sticky situations or catching up to buggers that think they can run away. The only thing that annoys me about the Medusa is the circular shape, which sometimes makes it hard to tell which way you're facing in the heat of battle.

Hotshot3434

• Ensign
  • "Time For Some Thrilling Heroics"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2013, 10:37:02 PM »

I have so many favorites, it is hard to choose one, so I will just list them by size.

Frigate:
Defiantly the Tempest. Put a heavy blaster on one side (I prefer the left) and a graviton beam on the other, augmented engines, extended + hardened shields, the rest in flux. Can outrun almost anything on the map and can hit hard enough to take down cruisers (even capitals if you are good).

Destroyer:
I am not particularly fond of destroyers, but my favorite would have to be the Medusa. Good speed, good shield coverage, a nice teleport, and enough firepower to really hit home. Although it is a very capable ship, I feel it is somewhat outclassed by ships like the Apogee and the Aurora.

Cruiser:
I used to swear by the Aurora, but since it's amazing shield ratio got nerfed, it has been replaced by the Apogee as my favorite. With enough skill points placed in the proper places, the Apogee can support an autopulse laser, two heavy blasters, and PD firing non-stop with extra flux for two anti-matter blasters to fire every now and again. It's speed pared with it's extra range form the sensor drones and great shield ratio makes the Apogee my mid-late game flagship.

Capital:
I tend to stay away form cap ships due to their lumbering nature, but recently i have been experimenting with the Odyssey and have found it to be a well rounded ship. It has enough speed to chase down cruisers and destroyers, enough flux to fire the big guns, decent shield coverage, excellent PD, and even a flight deck to boot. With enough tweaking it can easily take down an Onslaught and can go toe to toe with a Paragon.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8