Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 7529 times)

Axiege

• Admiral
  • What a brave and loving name.
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Minecraft
« on: November 21, 2012, 03:52:06 PM »

Yes, I did see the existing Minecraft discussions... WHY DID YOU LET THEM DIE?!?!  :'(

Anyway, yeah, Minecraft. Pretty fun game right? Would be awesome if us Starfarers could play together some time. And, of course, I've begun making Minecraft videos on my channel :D

ArkAngel

• Captain
  • The essence of strategy is choosing what not to do
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 08:58:31 PM »

Minecraft is definitely fun, and it would be cool to play together, but some of us don't have mikes or have half broken computers.
"Yes... Yes I -am- sending you, alone, unarmed, against the might of the Hegemony defense fleet.  Not to worry - watching how they obliterate your puny frigate will be most... enlightening.  I shall dissect their tactics and emerge victorious!  Any questions? Then get to your ship, you launch in 5."

Aleskander

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 09:27:13 PM »

I'd wait until some of the better mods get updated, mojang seems to be releasing updates every other day not

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 12:56:57 AM »

I dislike minecraft, Reasons:

Too many updates, its ruined the simplicity I enjoyed of the game

Development team are focusing on adding content than refining the existing content

Too many kids run the servers, always hating on everything you do and constantly spawning materials
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

TheHappyFace

• Admiral
  • The critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 01:22:54 AM »

Development team are focusing on adding content than refining the existing content

Too many kids run the servers, always hating on everything you do and constantly spawning materials

Well about the focus on adding content i have to disagree not in the way i like having them add content ,but because i think they don't really add much.
They add stuff because the community asks for a lot more stuff to be there in-game.
They have actually said that they dont want to add a lot more stuff which led to some angry words from the community wo likes to see a lot of there mods to be put in vanilla.
There focus nowadays is actually in improving the existing game as you can see in the patch notes 99% is bug fixes and improvements in game mechanics like fixing falling damage when in a minecart.
Fractalsoftworks limited edition ban hammer.

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 06:09:49 AM »

Well about the focus on adding content i have to disagree not in the way i like having them add content ,but because i think they don't really add much.
They add stuff because the community asks for a lot more stuff to be there in-game.
They have actually said that they dont want to add a lot more stuff which led to some angry words from the community wo likes to see a lot of there mods to be put in vanilla.
There focus nowadays is actually in improving the existing game as you can see in the patch notes 99% is bug fixes and improvements in game mechanics like fixing falling damage when in a minecart.

Meh, still think they add too much content that overhauls the game, it used to be fun, now it just seems stupid :(
- Albert Einstein

Axiege

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 06:30:28 AM »

But it's a sandbox! All of the new things they add, except hunger and the new randomly spawned monsters, are completely optional. If you don't like something in the game you can usually ignore it and still play the parts you do like. Also, more things to do in a sandbox = always good thing.

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 06:34:53 AM »

But it's a sandbox! All of the new things they add, except hunger and the new randomly spawned monsters, are completely optional. If you don't like something in the game you can usually ignore it and still play the parts you do like. Also, more things to do in a sandbox = always good thing.

I mean, Witches? Anvils? Beacons? Bats? Brewing? its all stupid :(
- Albert Einstein

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 06:39:41 AM »

2nd'd. However, I did enjoy those aspects in Terraria.

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 06:40:30 AM »

2nd'd. However, I did enjoy those aspects in Terraria.
Indeed, Terraria is an exceptionally well made game, It allows you to play it non stop for at least 24 hours and STILL have tons more to do! :D
- Albert Einstein

Axiege

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2012, 06:42:56 AM »

Bats are adorable, and we needed passive flying mobs. Witches won't appear if you have generate structures off, and the rest of those things you need to go out of your way to craft and use. It just has never made sense to me why people complain about additions to a sandbox game that are for the most part optional. It's like complaining about being able to set weapons in Starfarer to auto-fire. You don't need to if you don't want to.

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2012, 06:53:21 AM »

In my mind, Minecraft was always a building tool first and a game second. They seem to spend most of their time trying to improve the game side rather than the building side. If I wanted to play an adventure game, I'd play Terraria. If I want to build something cool, I'll play Minecraft.

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2012, 07:07:47 AM »

In my mind, Minecraft was always a building tool first and a game second. They seem to spend most of their time trying to improve the game side rather than the building side. If I wanted to play an adventure game, I'd play Terraria. If I want to build something cool, I'll play Minecraft.

Suppose ill have to agree there, terraria is amazing for adventure, but minecraft has the building aspect down :D
- Albert Einstein

Aleskander

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2012, 08:40:33 AM »

Minecraft is only good with mods anyway. Once Jeb took over the game took a steep dive as opposed to the downward slant it was already going on.

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2012, 08:42:26 AM »

Minecraft is only good with mods anyway. Once Jeb took over the game took a steep dive as opposed to the downward slant it was already going on.

What are you saying! My enjoyment of the game has only been going up since Jeb took over.
Pages: [1] 2