Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 75

Author Topic: Vacuum - Build a Stellar Empire. (0.62a ALPHA build 34) (TC Mod)  (Read 420986 times)

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
Re: Vacuum - Build a Stellar Empire. (0.62a ALPHA build 32) (TC Mod)
« Reply #945 on: June 20, 2014, 02:04:45 AM »

I'll look at that one.  I think what's happening is that the ship's not being instantly destroyed on that game-frame, like it should, so what's (technically) going on is that you "capture" the ship twice.  I may have to make the Boarding Teleporter a non-beam-type weapon to address this issue properly, but I want to explore a couple of other ideas first.

Anyhow, all of the reported bugs except for that one and the weird issues with the Crew bonus text sometimes showing / not-showing are fixed.  Need to sleep now, but I'll probably push out a new build some time tomorrow if there aren't any other bugs serious enough to warrant further messing with it; I really want to spend some time this weekend working on the Boss mechanics if possible :)
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: June 20, 2014, 07:23:33 PM »

Unless it already exists, I really want a capital class ball-lightning gun.
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: June 20, 2014, 07:33:35 PM »

Will definitely think about it- if it chained, it'd be fun :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: June 20, 2014, 08:07:46 PM »

I'm at around level 19.
I have a small fleet
I have a Black Eagle, an Einsteign, and some support type ships.

AT this point, I am able to kill any lesser fleet, and able to handle asteroid and most planetary fleets.
Unfortunately, of the three types of fleets I run into, there are a handful of tiny ones, a few medium, asteroid miners, and then tons of multi-capital fleets, which will tear me apart.

I survived for a while killing bounty fleets, but they are all huge fleets now that I cant even imagine fighting without at least a capital class of my own. I can't afford that yet.

Any suggestions?
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: June 20, 2014, 08:28:52 PM »

Well, if you can handle fleets you meet while Tech Mining, you can build up serious cash via captures- a few Cruisers sold off will very rapidly turn into "real money"; that will allow you to buy enough Stations that you can afford a high-end fleet, as well as providing a solid base. 

It's pretty important to get into the strategic part of play in midgame; generally, after you've gotten to the point where you can stomp Asteroid / Tech Miner fleets but aren't able to handle Attack Fleets, let alone Station defense fleets and Assault Forces, you need to concentrate on setting yourself up for the long war.  So bank up enough for a Station and get set up for captures.  Still working on the Boarding Teleporter bugs, btw, so enjoy abusing the captures there, lol.
Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: June 20, 2014, 10:07:35 PM »

Ball Lightning Description Missing,
Fixed.

Thumper Description implies fragmentation damage.
Fixed, also fixed up the names (darn u, "shredder").

Assault Chaingun Implies explosive damage.
Fixed.

AI uses accelerated ammo feed without any ballistic weapons.
Yeah, I hadn't written a specific AI for that one yet.  Fixed.

Also, my mini-carrier failed to raise it's bubble shield + fortress shield and instantly died to a reaper.
Well, the AIs should raise shields pretty much always; probably it failed to raise the Fortress Shield soon enough.  That's going to happen sometimes, especially with Dachshunds, if you don't max out their Flux Capacity- the amount of Flux stored is what determines whether Fortress Shield gets used.  You can, at the high end, get a Dachshund so buffed that it can take a single Reaper, though.
Xeno's Mod Pack

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: June 20, 2014, 10:24:21 PM »

Ok. I will try to focus on capturing more ships.

If you dont use boarding teleports, will that result in less ships captured, or will it try to board all disabled ships on victory?

What are the effects of building a station? I had enough to build one for a short time, but spent it mainly on getting my flagship outfitted with two heavy plasma. (as in, wreak most ships in a single shot, It can take on the simulation paragon with ease)

I am afraid it will get promptly destroyed by a heavy fleet. What benefits does it give? Extra cash, produce ships, fleets, weapons, crew?

What is the periodic Cash modification about?
I thought it was you paying your crew, but it seems to be you getting money, not the other way around.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 10:42:53 PM by Ranakastrasz »

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: June 20, 2014, 10:52:12 PM »

If you don't use boarding teleporters or Boarding Shuttles, you won't capture nearly as many ships; captures after battles are very random, and you have no chance to capture ships that have been completely destroyed.  They're both very useful and make battles considerably easier, especially at the high end.

I think I got the Boarding Teleporters sorted, btw, but I'm working on a couple of other minor things before I push this build out.  Should get it out pretty soon, though.

Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: June 20, 2014, 10:57:06 PM »

What are the effects of building a station?
It gives you income and generates fleets, including Assault Forces and Colony Fleets, which can expand your empire.

What is the periodic Cash modification about?
I thought it was you paying your crew, but it seems to be you getting money, not the other way around.
Oops.  It's certainly supposed to work that way, lol.  I must have introduced a bug on the last pass.  Will check that out.
Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
ALPHA Build 33 Released!
« Reply #954 on: June 21, 2014, 12:02:14 AM »

Alpha Build 33 is now available.  This probably requires a restart, due to some internal changes that occurred.

Adds:
1. Upgraded to ShaderLib 1.52a, which should resolve some slowdown issues for a few folks.
2. Accelerated Ammo Feed has an AI that is specific to it.

Fixes:
1.  Several missing / incorrect descriptions.
2.  Brawler AI works correctly on Frigates.
3.  Thor and Odin actually work correctly now.  Warning: this makes the Gaians pretty hard to beat with shield-tanks.
4.  Boarding Teleporters will no longer magically give you two captures sometimes, and the captured ships are automatically marked as Mothballed to prevent CR disruption.
5.  Wages work correctly again.
6.  Various other little stuff I can't be bothered to document.

Changes:
1.  Repair Gantries now stacks.
2.  Rebal on Slugger, Slugthrower; Slugger is now better than Thumper, but costs more OPs, Slugthrower is slightly more useful for OP cost vs. Thumper, but I'll probably re-visit the OP cost on it again later.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 12:04:08 AM by xenoargh »
Xeno's Mod Pack

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
Re: Vacuum - Build a Stellar Empire. (0.62a ALPHA build 33) (TC Mod)
« Reply #955 on: June 21, 2014, 12:46:50 AM »

Oh great. Now I am going to be broke from now on.

Dranume

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: June 21, 2014, 12:59:01 AM »

Is it me or do the Patton space tanks are indestructible.. My 2 frigates and 1 destroyer have been shooting one space tank for the past 10 mins and nothing is happening to the armor.. is this a bug.

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: June 21, 2014, 01:01:01 AM »

No, but they have a lot of armor, and generally armor regeneration.

I have one, and I have had it one shot on multiple occations.

This mod has significantly more discrepancy between size and durability. It has cruiser or capital level armor despite being a frigate.

I recommend you get one or more powerful slow-firing weapons. Or, better yet, a spore type weapon, which tends to strip armor really fast.

~
With the new update, I am unable to load the current game. Also, it seems to claim to have been build 29, whereas I am pretty sure I just had build 32.
Also I can't delete the old save.
Also I can't load it.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 01:10:18 AM by Ranakastrasz »

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: June 21, 2014, 09:40:52 AM »

Yeah, I was pretty sure this build would break saves; that happens sometimes when I fix certain types of bugs :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: June 21, 2014, 09:55:33 AM »

Is it me or do the Patton space tanks are indestructible.. My 2 frigates and 1 destroyer have been shooting one space tank for the past 10 mins and nothing is happening to the armor.. is this a bug.
No, that just means you're using the wrong weapons to defeat them :)

The Patton has the Armor Regeneration hull mod; that means that low-damage, rapid-fire weapons like machineguns, and weapons that don't do a lot of DPS over time, like Tac Lasers, don't work well. 

To defeat opponents like that, you have to use weapons with high burst damage or high amounts of HE damage, like Melters, plasma weapons, Sluggers, Hellbores, missiles, etc.  For example, one easy way to beat them in early game with any Frigate that can mount missiles is to put Harpoons on and fire at point-blank- if you've mounted Armor Analysis, it's often enough damage to blow them away. 

I'm sorry if you're finding that confusing; this mod's combat is really pretty straightforward once you get used to it, but if all you look at is DPS when mounting weapons (or if you don't really bother looking at the numbers), you'll have problems with anything that uses Armor Regeneration, period; they require a different approach.

Once it starts taking damage, though, it's really easy to kill a Patton.
Xeno's Mod Pack
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 75