Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 482

Author Topic: Spriters judgement thread [non-sprite art allowed]  (Read 2225892 times)

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
Re: Spriters judgement thread [non-sprite art allowed]
« Reply #1740 on: July 01, 2013, 09:20:04 AM »

I give up, I can't quite decide  ;)

And yeah, spoilers would be nice, I didn't really expect 4 quotes including a 500-pixel-long ship, however flattering that is  ::)
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Ravendarke

• Captain
  • Nemesis
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: July 02, 2013, 09:34:26 AM »

Work in progress, middle part isn´t done yet, same for engines, just showing it as demonstration of my technique.

You can read more about it here:
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6373.0
(Approach 2)

No resources needed, everything created from scratch.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 09:57:48 AM by Ravendarke »

TheHappyFace

• Admiral
  • The critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: July 02, 2013, 09:56:50 AM »

It looks really good.
Only thing i would recommend is comparing it to vanilla ships in order to get it more blend together.
Fractalsoftworks limited edition ban hammer.

Ravendarke

• Captain
  • Nemesis
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: July 02, 2013, 09:59:14 AM »

Creating it with Onslaught as reference to compare, front part should be pretty near, as I said middle and engines are not yet, so ofc they don´t exactly blend, but if you isolate front wings it should be pretty ok :) (tho even them deserve bit more details, comming it near future, it was just fast render test)

Spoiler
[close]

Still miss few things but we will get there (and ofc it doesnt suppose to be hegemony design)
Update 1:

Update 2:
In this spoiler you can see version (tho still not finished) that I am going to use in my mod, so this is really spoiler, I am not even planing to release this preview as part of the mod, just lore and let players to find it by themself.

Spoiler

This is cruiser class, from faction called Legacy of Void star, non human, ancient race, tho it is almost as big is common capitals, while having speed of the fastest cruisers, with firepower and technology far superior to any ship created by mankind, including inbuilt weapon that makes tachyon lance looks like laser pointer.

[close]
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 07:22:30 AM by Ravendarke »

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: July 04, 2013, 02:41:15 PM »

I have to say i prefer your BFS+photoshop sprite style but this one is still very good. It feel very Cybran-like. Also look like a bit like a bird, or is it my imagination?

-

Sooo... I tried to kitbash some stuffs. I wanted to give pirates some looted try-tachyons vessels. But as pirates lack the required knowledge to maintain such ships, they are forced to do some reverse engineering on them. I was heavily inspired by Erick's Tore up plenty mod and the Lotus conglomerate to make thoses sprites.

Not very satisfied though, as they look extremely messy (well, i wanted them to look scrappy, but that might be too much) and i am not happy with the colors as well. So what do you think?

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

IceXuick

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: July 04, 2013, 02:46:53 PM »

Super awesome!
I like each and everyone!

Vinya

• Captain
  • Vulgar at best...
    • View Profile
    • Mykyria Scifi/Zombie writing blog (Old site)
« Reply #1746 on: July 04, 2013, 03:18:00 PM »

I'm in love.

Can I steal some of those for some mission bosses? >:D

If by "good guys" you mean "elitist regime that suppresses colonial independence and thrives off of an overwhelmingly deep gap in wealth between social classes," then yes.

Amazigh

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: July 04, 2013, 03:23:44 PM »

Those are pretty nice, but I can see one thing with them that [to me] ruins them:
Incorrect turret rotations.
see the paragons rear 5 light mounts, the back-most three should be facing backwards, not forwards, and the left one should be facing to the left.

Other than that I can't really see anything wrong with them, maybe the apogee could do with a tougher looking "neck" but that's it.

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: July 04, 2013, 03:29:25 PM »

Raven, you might this type of weapons on that ship:

Spoiler

[close]

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #1749 on: July 04, 2013, 03:33:01 PM »

@HELMUT: They look really good to me. And it's good that they look messy, pirates are messy. :)

@silentstormpt: For some reason that incredible nice ship and beam of yours reminds me of the Beast in Homeworld Cataclysm.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: July 04, 2013, 04:14:25 PM »

Thanks for the comments all. And yes, i forgot to rotate the paragon rear mounts, my bad. Also i'll see what i can do to the Apogee's "neck".

Sure, i'll send you the sprites by PM when i'll fix 'em.

Oh and also silentstormpt, from which mod is this? You should share those death ray with Pelhamds, this may be usefull for his Necrons ships.

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: July 04, 2013, 04:25:01 PM »

I have to say i prefer your BFS+photoshop sprite style but this one is still very good. It feel very Cybran-like. Also look like a bit like a bird, or is it my imagination?

-

Sooo... I tried to kitbash some stuffs. I wanted to give pirates some looted try-tachyons vessels. But as pirates lack the required knowledge to maintain such ships, they are forced to do some reverse engineering on them. I was heavily inspired by Erick's Tore up plenty mod and the Lotus conglomerate to make thoses sprites.

Not very satisfied though, as they look extremely messy (well, i wanted them to look scrappy, but that might be too much) and i am not happy with the colors as well. So what do you think?

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

these are awesome ! seriously !

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: July 04, 2013, 05:00:29 PM »

@HELMUT
great work looks very convincing
just don't forget to erase those white spots at apogee, because when phyrex quotes you, there are visible white spots
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: July 04, 2013, 05:15:29 PM »

Thanks for the comments all. And yes, i forgot to rotate the paragon rear mounts, my bad. Also i'll see what i can do to the Apogee's "neck".

Sure, i'll send you the sprites by PM when i'll fix 'em.

Oh and also silentstormpt, from which mod is this? You should share those death ray with Pelhamds, this may be usefull for his Necrons ships.

Was a side project i was doing (thats my test ship) with a beam weapon with a script plugin - i dont mind sharing the script, its nothing special compared to the chain lighting

Ravendarke

• Captain
  • Nemesis
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: July 04, 2013, 11:52:37 PM »

Raven, you might this type of weapons on that ship:

Spoiler

[close]

Well, was thinking about chainlightning, tho I was thinking about it having bit more white with red glow over edges, but that´s for flag ship of my race (my animated gif avatar was small testing), right now something similar to Monkey lord´s beam from supreme commander is in development (with soma extra lightning noise over edges).

Higher res to show what I have in mind with more bright lightning effect
Spoiler

This one isn´t exactly refined effect either, I was aiming for resize it to 65x65 in the end anyway
[close]

Btw can you please share some video with animation of your death rays?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 12:07:01 AM by Ravendarke »
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 482