Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30

Author Topic: Fleet Control Mod (Incomplete test version available, please help!)  (Read 181947 times)

Wriath

• Captain
    • View Profile

The ability to build an infastructure is AWESOME, it's great to have something to do with creds other than just buy more ships!
Edit: You may want to consider making the structures even larger so that the civilian transport ships in the game will have a bit more usefulness. For example a small structure would fill a Buffalo or Tarsus up, and an XL could take something like an Atlas class.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 11:27:47 AM by Wriath »

Barracuda

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

I dont think the barracks building are working.... everyone thing they need is there yet im not getting any marines. Or are the fleets taking them from me?

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile

I dont think the barracks building are working.... everyone thing they need is there yet im not getting any marines. Or are the fleets taking them from me?

well i had similar problem,but im pretty sure that the description at the barracks are wrong, i think they need an ELITE CREW to train an Soldier, i just do all the cloning/training stations & now i got soldiers trained
so dont read the discription on the barracs , do all avaible training stations (from Green to the Elite) then im sure you will have your soldiers ^^
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile

The ability to build an infastructure is AWESOME, it's great to have something to do with creds other than just buy more ships!
Edit: You may want to consider making the structures even larger so that the civilian transport ships in the game will have a bit more usefulness. For example a small structure would fill a Buffalo or Tarsus up, and an XL could take something like an Atlas class.
Hmm, that makes sense. They should be fairly large. The Atlas is going to carry stations actually.

well i had similar problem,but im pretty sure that the description at the barracks are wrong, i think they need an ELITE CREW to train an Soldier, i just do all the cloning/training stations & now i got soldiers trained
so dont read the discription on the barracs , do all avaible training stations (from Green to the Elite) then im sure you will have your soldiers ^^
I'll look into it. Don't forget that the fleets will use them if you have them tough

bluntfang

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Have been trying it for a few hours.  Very cool. I love the feel of setting up your own station.  I am not too far, just a few facilities up and working. It is funny to see me spending cash on the station rather than ships.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Yea, I find it difficult to find out what to spend my hard-earned cash on, ships or stations. ;D
Oh, and where do supplies/crew/energy have to be in order to send out a contract fleet?

OK...can someone please explain how to get contract fleets and structures to function?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 04:54:02 PM by The Soldier »
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Wriath

• Captain
    • View Profile

I think I might invest in some tankers and cover for them and start Wriath's Fuel Emporium.

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile

umm... Verrius i just got ONE but(t), i dunno if other did notice that, but when you buy a fleet ( nigh-tech, low-tech,tech-tech or whatever, jut the big ones) & they starting to fly around shooting,killing hunting,looting,rapi...hopla 0_0 , & stuff & they decide to return & drop the loot & disappear, their loot is a little joke (common you know that,did you ;>) all the drop is like 3 point def lasers or any similar PO, i never seen any mid/large weaponry
 well i dont mind that much still LUUUV's the Mod , but its just not not worth to buy it (unless there is a big bully after you)
well thats it
SONY out <ksht>
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile

The loot they drop is actually the same loot you'd get if you killed the fleets yourself. Chances are they don't kick as much rump as you do though.

During testing, while using capital fleets and the Shadow Order mod, I found a Mega Shadow Cannon in my inventory. THAT was gratifying :p. To help improve the loot however, I think what I'll try to do is raise the amount of time your fleets roam, but limit the number of fleets you can have deployed at any given time.

I think I might invest in some tankers and cover for them and start Wriath's Fuel Emporium.
Hmmm... Sounds like I have to add a real tanker convoy squad. There's also an absence of personnel convoys too, I should probably fix that.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

How long do fleets roam about?  And how the heck do I get the different stations to work?
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile

Sorry, I meant to answer your questions earlier but it totally slipped my mind >_<.
Yea, I find it difficult to find out what to spend my hard-earned cash on, ships or stations. ;D
Oh, and where do supplies/crew/energy have to be in order to send out a contract fleet?

OK...can someone please explain how to get contract fleets and structures to function?
Supplies/Crew/energy for your patrol fleets are taken from your Storage Facility. This basically allows for looping: Your buildings produce stuff, send it to your storage, your storage uses them to send fleets which will bring back wonderful bounties of.... probably more supplies and a few PD Lasers (Heh, see what I did there? No really.)

Once you buy the Patrol Blueprints, place them in your Fleet HQ to begin spawning patrols.
To get structures to function, you must place crew of any level in your Fleet HQ based on the number of crew per structure stated in the descriptions. For example, if you have 3 Small Solar Plants, you need 45 Crew in your HQ to operate them. These crewmen are not used up, and will remain until you remove them. If enough resources are available in your Storage Facility to produce the resource, your building will send the produced item to your Storage Facility to be used by patrols and other structures.

bluntfang

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

If there is a shortage of workers, how does the mod prioritize what is produced?

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

THANK YOU!
And you know what the crew inside should face as danger?  Accidents, just like the fleets do.  They lose men based on the size of the facility, S, M, or L.  L has a slightly higher change to kill crew because it's hard to coordinate work in such a large place.

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Fleet Control Mod (v.55, .53a) Compatibility changes
« Reply #103 on: August 13, 2012, 07:20:59 PM »

Updated to version .55, which uses Darloth's Hated Faction methods to properly link all modded faction relations without me having to do jack squat.

And you know what the crew inside should face as danger?  Accidents, just like the fleets do.  They lose men based on the size of the facility, S, M, or L.  L has a slightly higher change to kill crew because it's hard to coordinate work in such a large place.
That's a good idea. Although because you can't "expand" your station's capacity (I could put a "limit" by using an item for space, but that's ugly) it might be a little frustrating.

...Which is why I think I should totally make it happen if you decide to load your entire station full of green crew. Maybe higher crew levels reduce/null the chances of accidents murdering your workers? That'd be logical.

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Fleet Control Mod (v.55, .53a) Compatibility changes
« Reply #104 on: August 14, 2012, 03:52:29 AM »

I'm disappointed I haven't responded to this thread to say how amazing it all looks.

I look forward to getting some time to play about with it soon  :)

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30