Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: StarTreker - Star Trek mod on the 2500s (0.54.1a)  (Read 77331 times)

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
StarTreker - Star Trek mod on the 2500s (0.54.1a)
« on: June 25, 2012, 04:56:23 PM »

Since i've been hijacking the original topic owner, was hoping he came back reason why i started to take the mod from the start (note that everything i got has nothing from the original).

The timeline on this mod is set on 2500s, quite a few years after the Star Trek Nemesis, Romulans are in a civil war, the Klingon are at war with the Gorn and Nausicaan, Cardassians has build up their forces since the Dominion War with the help of the Federation, Dominion seem to be building up forces for a new War, the Borg seem to be preparing to send out attacks on the Alpha and Beta Quadrant empires, but thanks to the USS Voyager return with new Technology, theres a higher chance to hold against single Borg ships.

While i don't know how the Systems will be on Star Sector, i was planning on adding systems from all 4 Quadrants.
Ship size is 1px = 1meter, only the Borg ships so far dont meet this size (the cube should be 3000px per side, its 2500px right now), it might change into the 3000px after the 0.53 patch (zoom out fix)

Some old ships will be used but are now retrofitted in the latest tech, based on models used by Star Trek Online.

The Weapon system will be mostly divided by 10 Tiers also known as MK 6 to 10 and is as simple as, MK 6 has the lowest flux cost and damage and so forth.
MK 10 weapons are Prototypes, this means they are indeed plain out better compared to MK 9s since it scales highest from all tiers, but are really rare.
Most weapons are beams or energy based. Torpedoes as well, with very few exceptions.
There are some extremely rare weapons that you can buy or find if your lucky (MK 10 weapons, Antiproton weapons... etc).

All Ships have their mounts Hidden, the actual balanced is based on the Arc size, mount size and ship stats.

There will be weapons specific to certain Factions that cannot be used by the player, but can be sold, for example, the Borg Collective, The Undine (Species 8472 that fought the Borg), The Iconian (Secret faction, had a huge empire 500000 years ago, imagine what they can do now).
Cardassians have a unique weapon that can be bought and/or scavenge.

Dont try to capture Borg ships, unless its a Probe, most have more then a few thousand marines/crew. derp

The files are visible to anyone who wants to try it out, or use them, as long as you credit the original owners (this is for ship images and sounds mostly), check the credits for that information.

Current Version: 0.8.1;

Normal ZIP Download:
DropBox Mirror.

Heres the SVN link: http://www.assembla.com/code/startraker/subversion/nodes

Anyone who wants to join up in this is very much welcome to do so, even if its to help out a little.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 08:23:47 AM by silentstormpt »

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: StarTreker - Star Trek mod on the 2500s
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 04:56:45 PM »

Weapons:

Plasma Normal range, Bonus damage on hull and armor less on shields, Normal RoF;

Phaser Long range, Normal damage, Normal RoF;

Polaron Normal range, Bonus damage on hull, Normal RoF;

Phased Polaron Longer range, Bonus damage on shields, Lower RoF;

Antiproton Normal Range, Melts Hull and Armor, Normal RoF;

Tetryon Normal range, More damage on Shields, Normal RoF;

Disruptor Lower range, More damage, Normal RoF;

Spiral Wave Disruptor Normal Range, More damage, Lower RoF.
Plus a Disruptor "aura" color

Energy:
Beam Array: Phaser, Disruptor, Plasma, Tetryon, Polaron, Antiproton, Retrofit Phaser, Plasma-Disruptor Hybrid, Polarized Tetryon, Spiral Wave Disruptor, Phased Polaron (Medium mount, MK 6 to 10);
Dual Beam Array: Phaser, Disruptor, Plasma, Tetryon, Polaron, Antiproton, Polarized Tetryon (Medium mount, MK 6 to 10);

Ballistic:
Cannon: Phaser, Disruptor, Plasma, Tetryon, Polaron, Antiproton (Medium mount, MK 6 to 10);
Dual Cannon: Phaser, Disruptor, Plasma, Tetryon, Polaron, Antiproton, Phased Polaron (Medium mount, MK 6 to 10);
Dual Heavy Cannons: Phaser, Disruptor, Plasma, Tetryon, Polaron, Antiproton, Plasma-Disruptor Hybrid (Large mount, MK 7 to 10);
Quad Cannons: Phaser, Disruptor (Large mount, Only MK 10 available);
NOTE: All MK 6 are Small mounts.

Missile:
Photon, Quantum, Plasma, Transphasic, Chroniton, Tricobalt, (Medium mount MK 6 to 10).

So what Factions uses what:
Phaser <- Federation and Terran Empire
Disruptor <- Klingon Empire, Orion Syndicate, Breen, Romulan, Reman and Gorn Hegemony
Polaron <- Dominion
Tetryon <- Tholian
Plasma <- Borg (Special type of Plasma weapons)
Antiproton <- Undine, Iconian (Undine and Iconian have a Special type of Antiproton (the Undine have a yellow like beam, the Iconian have the strongest hitting beams in the game)
Spiral Wave Disruptor <- Cardassian Union

All images are from Star Trek Online. Weapons are based on the series and Star Trek Online.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 08:04:57 AM by silentstormpt »

dodger210

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 08:00:15 AM »

Noob question - how do I download the mod from the SVN so I can 'test' the mod? Unless i'm missing something, there is no way to download the files... ???

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 08:35:41 AM »

You need a program that downloads the files in a svn like this one:

http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads.html

After you download it, you need to make a folder into a SVN checkout (just right click it) then place the "http://subversion.assembla.com/svn/startraker/" on the URL of repository and download the files.

When you finish downloading you should have a folder called "trunk" inside that folder, these are all the files that make up the mod.

so you just make a folder on the Starsector/mods called "StarTreker" and place the files that were inside the "trunk" folder.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 07:53:00 AM by silentstormpt »

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 08:47:15 AM »

Ehhh, isn't it just easier to pack it as a zip and upload it to either dropbox or mediafire. Much easier for the general populace than the method you've just described, since everyone has a .zip packer and extractor. (well, almost everyone then :))

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 08:51:58 AM »

Yeah, SVNs are generally better for the larger mods, but since Starfarer ones are in the <100MB area generally, there's not much point in going through the extra stages with svn. If it was >1GB or something like that, then yeah, re-downloading the while thing again for each update would be a bit of an issue, but for the sizes that we're dealing with here, not all that much point

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 09:27:49 AM »

Ehhh, isn't it just easier to pack it as a zip and upload it to either dropbox or mediafire. Much easier for the general populace than the method you've just described, since everyone has a .zip packer and extractor. (well, almost everyone then :))

Not when someones updating the mod, 3 or 4 times every hour, just today i did 5 commits on it, if i did that method i would need to zip at list 10 times per day, kinda overkill u know, im adding stuff and test it as i go, also i even made files im using to developed available in it so ppl can use it for whatever they want. Also because its an Open project, ppl can make forks from the original and use its content.

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 09:43:24 AM »

In that case, it would just be better to do weekly releases or something like that, makes it much easier on the people who are keeping an eye on the mod so that they don't need to download new stuff every 5 minutes or so. The way I see SVN is that it's a way for new versions of mods with a very large filesize that can't really just be patched

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 10:17:24 AM »

You need to understand something, ppl can update w/e they want, this allows them to get their hands on the newest version from developing instead of waiting for another zip that may come out on the next week. When the campaign is released, ill start creating installers for it.

The current version i got its a Pre-Alpha that has ships you can fly around with almost no balance in it, so its more of a preview.

Borg can literally "clean" up a whole fleet, kinda realistic and fateful to the series if you think about it  :D

dodger210

• Ensign
    • View Profile

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 02:51:06 PM »

Can someone please explain how do i add/create fighters wings so i can finally add a few flying around the missions...

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 03:17:52 PM »

Can someone please explain how do i add/create fighters wings so i can finally add a few flying around the missions...
Almost the same as ordinary ships, you just need to edit an extra file called "wing_data.csv"

Look at the vanilla data in the files "ship_data.csv" and "wing_data.csv" and check out a random fighter's ship and variant files. That should be all the editing you'll have to do.

Weapon mounts on fighters are usually set to "HIDDEN" due to their size.

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 06:46:17 PM »

where are those snapshots from?

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2012, 07:40:52 PM »

All images are from Star Trek Online. Weapons are based on the series and Star Trek Online.

Pelly

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 08:36:03 PM »

I have been waiting for you to finally post a proper post for this and been watching for the mod to grow,like a creeper waiting....

I really hope that you don't stop doing this mod and that the Borg are really OP like in the films and you need to have giant fleets.

And I literally I just remembered a game which has really good Star Trek ships which are top down, Star Trek Armada 1 and 2.... Hope that it helps.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10