Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Any way to disable the Path faction from a game?  (Read 896 times)

Truthowl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Any way to disable the Path faction from a game?
« on: January 23, 2021, 09:57:42 AM »

That something Path faction is just too much. They've begun a presence in my system. I've tried going there so I can try to destroy their base but i can't get close. They have a massive fleet that wipes me every single time. The fleet is just insane. You could cut it in half and it would still wipe me. Is there some way to hire someone else's fleet to deal with them?

Heck, i just want to disable them completely. I have a hard enough time dealing with all the other things going on. I haven't been able to do any exploring to try and find more ruins so I can continue to build up.

Are there any cheat codes that let me destroy a fleet?

Right now i feel like I'm on a timer... and time is running out.

I'm about ready to quit playing again and go play something else.

If i store most of my ships will the other fleets in the galaxy get smaller also? Every time i get bigger the other fleets do too. Which is why i feel I'm on a timer I guess.
--
Truthowl

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Any way to disable the Path faction from a game?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 10:07:10 AM »

Pather cells are bugged so they always fail to sabotage your colony right now. You can safely ignore them.

Also, I'm pretty sure fleet sizes are not based on your fleet at all. I think the only fleets that change sizes over the course of a campaign are bounty fleets, but they get bigger with time only.

Twilight Sentinel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 10:21:34 AM »

Pather bases seem to start off as battlestations, making them very difficult to attack and destroy.  Until you get a late game fleet, there really isn't much you can do about them.  You'll need a lot of large ballistic/energy weapons and/or bombers to deal with those heavy armor capital ships and the station itself.  That means several cruiser sized ships at a minimum, or several sunders armed with tachyon lances.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 01:25:32 PM by Twilight Sentinel »

Truthowl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2021, 12:57:25 PM »

Thank you both. I guess I can ease up a bit and not worry. Hopefully  ;)
--
Truthowl