Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Not-so Friendly Tachyon Fire  (Read 2014 times)

Temjin

• Captain
    • View Profile
Not-so Friendly Tachyon Fire
« on: March 29, 2012, 04:16:54 PM »

I've noticed that, with every weapon except for one, friendly AI ships are pretty good at not shooting their friends and/or you.

That one, however, is the Tachyon Lance, and it can end your day rapidly. I usually end up taking more damage from my own fleet than from the enemy when running multiple Tachyon Beams in one engagement.

Is this an easily-solved AI issue, or is it sort of a balancing consideration to the Lance's power to knock out frigates and fighters at ridiculous range? I'd love to see it fixed, as while it's an interesting balance consideration, it's really annoying and doesn't make much sense from a "fun" perspective.

Cryten

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Not-so Friendly Tachyon Fire
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 05:35:03 PM »

This is an execellent opportunity to use the rally fire support order but your right the ai needs to have a larger area of consideration before firing a lance.

Temjin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 09:02:00 PM »

Doesn't matter where I rally them to. Even if they go to the corners of the map, I still get hit.

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 09:13:35 PM »

Doesn't matter where I rally them to. Even if they go to the corners of the map, I still get hit.

That's because they don't stop.  What should be done is that they are evaded better by teammates (or ignored) and don't go too far from where the target is actually positioned.

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 09:24:54 PM »

If you give them to big an area to consider they'll probably never fire, with all those frigates zipping everywhere.