Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: On restricted comp runs  (Read 577 times)

Scorpixel

• Commander
    • View Profile
On restricted comp runs
« on: March 07, 2020, 03:51:13 AM »

Limiting your own fleet in order to get a more challenging experience is often recommended.
I mostly did loyalist/corsair (only dealing with your commissioner and it's allies, no black market unless i'm a badie) and it's really enjoyable to have themed fleets and being able to fight every other faction from time to time. Sorry dear Hegemony for raiding you but it's your fault for not letting me get XIVth blueprints by other means

However monofleet seems really restrictive in terms of choice, it's often an early cheap combat freighter swarm followed by full carrier or capital with pretty boring battles.
A better alternative has been monotech, high-tech being obviously the easiest and midline being my favourite experience so far (Buffalo-A and Dram-A are midline i swear).

Now the two problematic ones:
-No carrier, it's alright beside the eternal frigate chases, until you encounter a fighter swarm faction (Diable is still doable, but the Stormhawk in midgame is the closest thing to true pain this game gave me)
-Burn 20 fleet, +1skill and +1militarized allowed but not +2engine, this limits choice from shuttles to light cruisers, lvl3 stations and multi-capitals become bossfights with high loss risks, and quickly gave up since there's simply no way to survive endgame armadas with the 30ship vanilla limit even with repeated engagements.

Any recommendations in either managing the last two, or other possible runs to do?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 04:00:16 AM by Scorpixel »