Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 42

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] The Nomads, v1.4.11-rc2  (Read 371275 times)

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
Re: The Nomads (0.8.1)
« Reply #150 on: May 05, 2012, 02:42:43 PM »

Any attack made by the rebels against this station would be a useless gesture, no matter what "technical data" they've obtained. This station is now the ultimate power in the universe. It's virtually indestructible, like 99.99%.

There ... is this little hole .. it's kind of an aesthetic choice by the architect ... and if you shoot a laser into this hole....  the... uh station blows up. But the hole's only two meters across.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 05, 2012, 02:49:31 PM »

Any attack made by the rebels against this station would be a useless gesture, no matter what "technical data" they've obtained. This station is now the ultimate power in the universe. It's virtually indestructible, like 99.99%.

There ... is this little hole .. it's kind of an aesthetic choice by the architect ... and if you shoot a laser into this hole....  the... uh station blows up. But the hole's only two meters across.

Which resulted in this:

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 05, 2012, 02:49:41 PM »

Shall I get estimates on the costs of applying plywood over the hole, lord Trylobot?

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #153 on: May 05, 2012, 03:05:45 PM »

But that would look terrible! You have to think about resale.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 05, 2012, 03:08:31 PM »

Lord Trylobot, your inside references to the mod development scene haven't given you the clairvoyance to turn a profit on that condo in Glendale. Nor has it...

*chokes*

Dragon239

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 09, 2012, 02:46:59 PM »

Am I missing something, or is there no way to purchase Nomad ships and whatnot? I can't dock at Adum'Tulek (which is where it appears the Nomads spawn from?), but it looks like some of you are acquiring their craft/weaponry - are you merely capturing them?
These ships are among my favorite, so I want a fleet of them, but peacefully :(

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #156 on: May 09, 2012, 04:53:30 PM »

After 0.9, you won't even have a reliable spawn point; you'll have to catch up with their flotilla, wherever they happen to be. It's by design. However, I plan to add mothballed ships and weapons to the Oasis fleet.

The idea being, if you really want a nomad fleet, take out the Oasis; you'll get plenty of hulls and weapons ready to use for your own fleet that way. After all, it's a floating ship yard.

Just don't think it's going to be easy, by any stretch.

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 10, 2012, 01:58:40 AM »

Being a nomad peacefully would be nice, I'd like to fly some of their ships.

Psycho Society

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 12, 2012, 02:03:33 PM »

I've always really liked this mod. Playing campaign with it for the first time I noticed the wolf close support frigate can't touch the Wurm with it's graviton beam and 3x tactical lasers. They don't even break even in terms of flux output. The Wurm's flux was only raised significantly when it fired it's weapons.

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #159 on: May 12, 2012, 03:03:21 PM »

The question that has to be asked, before we jump to any conclusions is, "should it be able to?" In other words, are the Wurm and Wolf CS on equal footing via fleet pts/OPs/credit cost? If they are, then this becomes a glaring imbalance. If on the other hand, the total cost of ownership of a Wurm is higher than a Wulf's by a wide enough margin, then it really means everything is still OK.

I don't know the answers to this right now, but I know I spent a good deal of time setting the balance sheet values for the Wurm and it behaved according to all my expectations at the time, given its fleet point values and such. Things may have changed since then, I dunno.

I'll have to revisit this one in the near future.

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 12, 2012, 03:15:20 PM »

I just eye compared Wolf and Wurm ship_data.csv value and

Wrum cost 1 OP less to deploy its base value is lower its shield efficiency is 0.4 compare to 0,8 Wolf's, shield arc is same and flux reserves are on Wolf side 2250 compare to Wurm's 1000 also Wolf have 250HP more but 50 armor less... But Wurm got 20! OP less than Wolf.

Looking at that, do not attack it with energy weapons use kinetic dmg to overload it. It got good shield but low flux reserves. With only 30 OP and such low max flux i think it's pretty balanced. Little thing is good against high tech ships  ;D
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 03:23:06 PM by arcibalde »
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

alecnin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 15, 2012, 05:02:42 PM »

can't wait for oasis, i think it should have a bit of extremely low flux point defense weps(new ones), other wise i love the idea

7007King0770

• Ensign
  • Boom, there goes the enemy's ship.
    • View Profile
    • My Minecraft Server, Please join if you enjoy playing Minecraft, in addition to Starfarer.
« Reply #162 on: June 30, 2012, 08:39:11 PM »

What if the Oasis encountered the Scourge Heart? Would the Nomad home fleet win? And what are the chances of such a thing to occur? I assume that Nomads will still be part of Corvus after it's Oasis update. I'm intrigued in the concept of the Oasis, and how it would react to the system it's placed in. Would a Home Defense Fleet destroy it? What sort of precautions are being taken to ensure it just doesn't get totally annihilated by the other factions?

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #163 on: June 30, 2012, 11:20:04 PM »

To be honest, it's entirely possible. At any time on their route they could get weakened, and then at a later time destroyed by the next opponent. The script will simply start over if this happens, so that there are multiple opportunities to fight them.

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 01, 2012, 05:43:45 PM »

the giant city ship is slow and as a result the doom cannon seems useless...it should have the ability to turn...even a little bit like 70 degrees or more and it would be nice to have a station so if i join the nomads in uomoz mod i can have a fleet of their ships to join the fray
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 42