Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.9.1a-RC6] Game deactivates Windows 10 "night light" feature when launched  (Read 713 times)

minno

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Whenever I launch the game while night light is active, it turns off. When I turn it back on, it stays on. I think I remember this happening in 0.8 too.

System details: Windows 10 Pro, Nvidia GTX 970 graphics card, two monitors. It's running in borderless fullscreen mode on my primary monitor.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Sorry about the trouble! Hmm - I'm not sure this is something I can do anything about on my end; the game is not specifically trying to turn that off, it just does some basic graphics initialization stuff on startup.

Possibly some Nvidia control panel settings might factor in here, but I'm not sure what those might be. (This is the first time I've heard about the night light feature, actually.)

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile

Alex, if you expand the notifications window then hit the expand button down below, it should show up.

As for the reported bug, I just tried it myself and couldn't get it to pop off. I DO have both the launcher and the java.exe set to use my nvidia 1060, so that might work. I'm also not using this on a schedule either though...
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara

Just wanted to mention that I also have Windows 10, and I am not experiencing this problem.

Have you tried googling for this problem, minno? I did a quick google and other people have the same problem when running any game and use two monitors. So I'm calling it a Windows 10 issue.