Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: mmm, confession?  (Read 7980 times)

Marianom1984

• Ensign
    • View Profile
mmm, confession?
« on: August 19, 2018, 06:50:26 PM »

Hi, i don´t know where to post this, so here i am... here goes nothing...

I totally pirate this game to try it on, because it looks awesome ( i´m really sorry, don´t hate me, please!), but i fall in love whit it and now i want to buy it legally, so this is my question, how do i buy it whit out a credit card? I am from South America and i can`t get one here... I cannot say how bad i feel for pirating this (well not really, i never would fall in love whit it otherwise) and i promise i will not play it if i can´t get it legally...

Linnis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: mmm, confession?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 06:57:20 PM »

Are you able to buy visa or mastercard gift cards? those would work.

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 07:03:38 PM »

PayPal? 

Not sure what are all of the payment options Alex's sell-through service will accept, but there are almost certainly ways!
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Marianom1984

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 07:21:57 PM »

Don´t worry i already fix this problem ;D, i ask a friend to buy it whit his credit card and he told me not to be a crybaby and he will buy it for me (still i need to give him cash so it will be next week), so next question, how do i put a valid key on my pirate game? or how do i get my saves in the new game?? i´m really sorry to be a pain in the ass, but in my defense not every day you get someone to actually pay for something that they get "free"... (again i can not say how sorry i am, please don´t hate me!)

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 09:22:33 PM »

Don´t worry i already fix this problem ;D, i ask a friend to buy it whit his credit card and he told me not to be a crybaby and he will buy it for me (still i need to give him cash so it will be next week), so next question, how do i put a valid key on my pirate game? or how do i get my saves in the new game?? i´m really sorry to be a pain in the ass, but in my defense not every day you get someone to actually pay for something that they get "free"... (again i can not say how sorry i am, please don´t hate me!)
If you did not need to enter in the key when you first installed starsector then you most likely could just reinstall the game. You can download the game files off the blog. After you reinstall, the game should ask for a key if it didn't when you pirated it.
As for the saves? Those will be in the install folder (FractalSoftworks/StarSector). Simply move them to a safe place, delete or uninstall SS then move the saves back to the install location

Edit: Please feel free to delete this post if it is against the rules Alex.

Edit: Edited slightly -Alex
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 10:35:31 PM by Alex »
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 10:36:37 PM »

Yep, basically if you just reinstall you're good either way, just hang on to the legit key in case you either need it when reinstalling or later on. And thank you for your support :)