Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ExperienceToLevel progression  (Read 3336 times)

erikem

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
ExperienceToLevel progression
« on: June 30, 2017, 08:10:38 PM »

Hi,

I have created a simple mod for myself to increase level cap to 100 (I want to keep it in mod instead of changing settings) but the problem I'm facing is that "required experience" progression is crazy after level 40. You can kill a fleet of 20 capitals to gain no more than 1/4 level when you are around 45.

Is there any way to change the progression of required experience? Ideally I would like it to stay kinda like vanilla until lvl 40 but then after 40 make it much less steep.

Thx in advance for any kind of help.

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
Re: ExperienceToLevel progression
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 08:03:32 PM »

Just off the top of my head? You could create a mod script that multiplies your experience gains as a player, so that they are boosted after a certain level, which would effectively alter the experience-per-level curve in whatever way you choose.

erikem

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 08:49:42 PM »

Just off the top of my head? You could create a mod script that multiplies your experience gains as a player, so that they are boosted after a certain level, which would effectively alter the experience-per-level curve in whatever way you choose.
Thx for the answer!

I was thinking of this as well and actually I currently have few mods, which I simply enable or disable based on certain level threshold. These mods indeed increase experience multiplier.

Unfortunately I haven't got a slightest idea on where to start with writing a script, which would make experience boost dynamic based on level. Can you suggest a nice example to have a look at or topic to read?

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 03:17:15 AM »

Something quick and dirty that you could do is mess with this setting ("xpGainMult":1,) in the settings.json.
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

erikem

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 04:27:24 AM »

Something quick and dirty that you could do is mess with this setting ("xpGainMult":1,) in the settings.json.
Like I've said - I'm already using it. Something like x10 for levels 40-60, x20 for level 60-80. But these come as different mods, which I enable and disable by reaching a certain level.

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 10:26:17 AM by Trylobot »

erikem

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile