Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 85

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.1.18a  (Read 503795 times)

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.1.0a
« Reply #825 on: September 08, 2019, 02:11:32 PM »

(Speaking of fixes, I got the issues with Nex random mode sorted out.)

how serious the issue was ?

Offensive_Name

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #826 on: September 08, 2019, 04:05:00 PM »

Weird. You might have to delete your mission progress?

I don't really care about the mission, not being able to enter the sigma is annoying.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few.
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: September 08, 2019, 04:09:33 PM »

I haven't seen this issue in any of my saves, so my guess is that you didn't delete the old mod folder before updating and you've got an old variant file calling slots that no longer exist. All I can tell you to do is delete your DME folder and reinstall it fresh.
People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations.

Offensive_Name

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #828 on: September 08, 2019, 06:38:35 PM »

I haven't seen this issue in any of my saves, so my guess is that you didn't delete the old mod folder before updating and you've got an old variant file calling slots that no longer exist. All I can tell you to do is delete your DME folder and reinstall it fresh.

That worked thanks, I was being dumb.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: September 08, 2019, 07:32:39 PM »

No problem, this stuff happens. Stick around long enough and we all make dumb mistakes (some of mine are even immortalized on the forum).

Harpuea

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: September 09, 2019, 02:40:08 AM »

The Baikal Universal Cruiser's description mentions that it has a Salvage Gantry. In DME 1.0a, it doesn't have the Salvage Gantry anymore. Is that intended?

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: September 10, 2019, 09:09:38 AM »

The Baikal Universal Cruiser's description mentions that it has a Salvage Gantry. In DME 1.0a, it doesn't have the Salvage Gantry anymore. Is that intended?
Baikal lost its Salvage Gantry in v 0.9.9f. It's in the changelogs. Only the "Brone" variant has a salvage gantry.

The description wasn't updated it seems.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: September 10, 2019, 12:26:45 PM »

It's updated in the dev version. If anyone wants to compile a list of other very minor stuff requiring quick fixes (IE, not style or usage complaints but informational content errors), feel free, I'll give descriptions a quick pass.

I'm getting close to a release; I had a little time this last weekend and I'm moving along at a decent clip.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 04:30:40 PM by Soren »

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: September 10, 2019, 11:45:01 PM »

The "Targeting Optics" hullmod description could use a bit more clarity - I assume that by "increases range threshold" it means "increases the range threshold beyond which Monobloc Construction's penalties apply"?

Also, glancing at the code in jars/src/data/hullmods/istl_Rangefinder.java, it looks like that threshold increase isn't actually being applied?
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Starareo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: September 11, 2019, 10:14:56 PM »

Is the blueprint for Autohybrid blasters obtainable from raiding?

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: September 12, 2019, 12:11:44 AM »

The "Targeting Optics" hullmod description could use a bit more clarity - I assume that by "increases range threshold" it means "increases the range threshold beyond which Monobloc Construction's penalties apply"?

Also, glancing at the code in jars/src/data/hullmods/istl_Rangefinder.java, it looks like that threshold increase isn't actually being applied?

Yep, simple mistake, fixed.

Is the blueprint for Autohybrid blasters obtainable from raiding?

I don't test this stuff exhaustively, but if you want to, do twenty or thirty raids on the same market and note what you get; if something never shows up, look in the files (the faction file lists it as known, so raiding DME planets should have a fair chance of yielding one).

(clipping along through my to-do list since I had some extra time tonight, finally. Fixed a bunch of carrier balance stuff including tweaks to fighter systems).
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 12:13:18 AM by Soren »

Starareo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: September 12, 2019, 10:49:00 AM »

Got the blueprint on the third raid. Is the Jeanne d'Arc only supposed to have one large mount? Lack of symmetry threw me off for a second.

Cormac

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: September 13, 2019, 03:09:18 PM »

(possible) low priority bug:
edit: not a bug, i'll kep the rest of this for the logs anyway:
Sparrowhawk not buildable as Custom production in your colony. All other ships are buildable without problems, it's only the sparrowhawk.
if the ship is "build" at the end of the month, you get supplies crews and fuel as if the ship was finished, but no ship while the ship itself stays in the production queue.
waiting for 3 month at 275k credits production (the ship takes 252 to build) doesn't change anything.

first: i used console command to unlock all techs.

Mods installed:
Console command
Lazylib
GraphicsLib
MagicLib

to reproduce simply play and build the ship, neither with or without cheating makes a difference.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 03:52:13 PM by Cormac »

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: September 13, 2019, 03:16:06 PM »

Got the blueprint on the third raid. Is the Jeanne d'Arc only supposed to have one large mount? Lack of symmetry threw me off for a second.

Yep, that's by design. It makes for some interesting outfitting choices.

(possible) low priority bug:

Sparrowhawk not buildable as Custom production in your colony. All other ships are buildable without problems, it's only the sparrowhawk.
if the ship is "build" at the end of the month, you get supplies crews and fuel as if the ship was finished, but no ship while the ship itself stays in the production queue.
waiting for 3 month at 275k credits production (the ship takes 252 to build) doesn't change anything.

first: i used console command to unlock all techs.

Mods installed:
Console command
Lazylib
GraphicsLib
MagicLib

to reproduce simply play and build the ship, neither with or without cheating makes a difference.

It shouldn't be buildable at all. What you need to do is add an entry for the variant ID
Code
istl_stormkestrel_proto_test
to default_roles.json (data>world>factions>default_roles.json) under "combatLarge"; since it's not meant to be constructable, it doesn't have an entry, but if you use Console Commands to learn all possible blueprints, it'll give you that one.

I'll add an entry in the dev version so this doesn't happen again. Thanks for the comprehensive and helpful bug report.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 03:17:59 PM by Soren »

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: September 13, 2019, 03:37:19 PM »

Yep, that's by design. It makes for some interesting outfitting choices.
While on subject of symmetry is the Sparrowhawk supposed to be slightly asymmetrical? The right fighter bay is slightly longer than the left.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 85