Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 86

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.1.18a  (Read 527443 times)

The_Dank_Astero

• Ensign
  • I may change my profile picture
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.1.18a
« Reply #1185 on: May 26, 2020, 09:30:43 AM »

Actually my favorite mod, wow!

I tend to use different ships from mods like Imperium, BRDY, and have them work with each other for my fleets. DME does sut well with my playstyle, especially Blade Breaker Ships.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 10:42:00 AM by The_Dank_Astero »

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: May 27, 2020, 09:54:52 AM »

I should take a look at that; it shouldn't be quite so stingy, it's true.

EDIT: For some reason I had BB weaponry all tagged with 'no_drop' (I think I was testing something out) - I'll fix that for the next release, in the mean time you can fix it yourself in weapon_data.csv.

I would like to note that this is still a thing. All BB guns/missilles are no_drop, meaning you fight some of the toughest enemies in the game and then get no reward.

Obviously I can (and have) fix this for myself, but I was wondering if this was overlooked.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: May 27, 2020, 10:05:06 AM »

I'm still working on the next update. There's been a bit of re-arranging with BB gear and some stuff has been moved around - they're getting a new frigate and some weapons tweaks - but for now I've been kinda on break from modding. I'm getting back into it now and pushing forward on a few last pieces of content.

So less overlooked and more moving slowly.
People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: May 27, 2020, 03:19:11 PM »

I'm getting back into it now and pushing forward on a few last pieces of content.
Well, one, take your time... but two, I'm definitely looking forward to the next update and seeing what you've come up with this time.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

eidolad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: May 28, 2020, 06:50:39 PM »

edit sorry too many windows!   My previous game I was DME in fact and I continue to return to this faction.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 06:54:28 PM by eidolad »

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: May 28, 2020, 06:52:02 PM »

It's official, they're not even reading thread titles now.

Torashuu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: May 29, 2020, 12:04:53 PM »

Started a new game as Deserters, this time decided to mix in some (slow firing high shot damage) anti armor weapons, and doing much better. Poked around a bit in the blade breaker constellation, and figured Deserters actually have flux efficient weapons,  good shield efficiency and hard flux venting, which is perfect for keeping pressure the Blade Breakers! The fighters/bombers are still very dangerous in a prototype Sparrowhawk without complete shield coverage, but its doable.

Sold the second set of basic deserter blueprints to the pirates, which use ample of the new weaponry, but not many ships. Sadly didn't get the chance to loot any from them.

It also seems to me that the Slammer, Reef and Crasher are inspired by Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak's Gaalsien Honorguard Cruiser, Production Cruiser and Siege cruiser respectively. ;) #nomadiclifestyle #hovertankbesttank

The deserters seem not as specialized as DME, but much more generic high tech endurance fighters. Overal fights have been good, with me hitting all gameplay mechanics to make them work. (have to give good orders, right officers, really think about how many to deploy, and in which composition. Nearly always run into the edge of PPT.)
Now my fleet is the prototype sparrowhawk, 3 black lancers (lost 1 so far), 3 slammers (also lost 1 so far), 2 crashers (lost 2), 3 reefs (lost 5), a holdover d'Erlon, 4 tempest refits(lost 6 so far, definitely not as sturdy as the original :( ), Kentaurus, 6 Heavy Cargo Rigs and 2 Carabao's. Eventually the DME cargo/fuel ships will be phased out, way to much capacity now. Probably the Erlon as well when I got the chance to produce some more Reefs. (2 colonies, no cores, and built to avoid Pather interest/expeditions). But now working on a Bladewood, not sure if I'll stick with the Sparrowhawk. Working on mostly 200-300k bounties. Except tri-tachyon, tried those once and very quickly mashed the retreat button. (its what I lost most of my pre-colony DME fleet to, so many phase ships!). Everything is a challenge, with some ups and downs I can just about handle, while being forced to learn more about the game. A lot of fun!

Another question, DME has its gear spread over quite a few blueprint packs, is one supposed to obtain from the regular loot tables, or through some kind of (set of) mission(s)?

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: May 29, 2020, 12:12:38 PM »

RE: Deserter-refit Tempest: Yeah, these can be more fragile than the regular Tempest; their drones are much more attack drones than defense drones.  I usually solve this by installing flak cannons on them; I don't consider this to be a serious loss of firepower compared to a regular Tempest, since my regular Tempest builds are typically single-heavy-blaster builds.

One of these days I'm going to try refit Tempests with long-range kinetic ballistics and the medium energy slot dedicated to PD instead.  Ought to make for a decent swarm.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Torashuu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: May 29, 2020, 12:36:56 PM »

Heavy Linear Autogun and GX Phased Blaster? (With Itano-6). Thats the default loadout anyway. :p

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: May 30, 2020, 07:24:36 PM »

Started a new game as Deserters, this time decided to mix in some (slow firing high shot damage) anti armor weapons, and doing much better. Poked around a bit in the blade breaker constellation, and figured Deserters actually have flux efficient weapons,  good shield efficiency and hard flux venting, which is perfect for keeping pressure the Blade Breakers! The fighters/bombers are still very dangerous in a prototype Sparrowhawk without complete shield coverage, but its doable.
Yep, that all sounds about right. The idea is for you to have some idea from the Deserter weapons of where the Breaker gear comes from, and of course it works well against them, too.

It also seems to me that the Slammer, Reef and Crasher are inspired by Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak's Gaalsien Honorguard Cruiser, Production Cruiser and Siege cruiser respectively. ;) #nomadiclifestyle #hovertankbesttank
Yup. I was originally just testing out the hull concepts (starting with the Siege Cruiser; artillery ships are fun, and I wanted to try a non-missile missile cruiser), but the hull shapes and weapon locations turned out to work really, really well for Starsector. Hopefully I added enough individualizing touches that they don't feel like direct rips of the hulls, but come off as more interpretive.

The deserters seem not as specialized as DME, but much more generic high tech endurance fighters. Overal fights have been good, with me hitting all gameplay mechanics to make them work. (have to give good orders, right officers, really think about how many to deploy, and in which composition. Nearly always run into the edge of PPT.)

Everything is a challenge, with some ups and downs I can just about handle, while being forced to learn more about the game. A lot of fun!
That's what I'm gunning for! I wanted a play-as-Blade-Breakers experience that was actually fun and made use of the hullmod's unique mechanics without being broken; the NPC hulls are designed to challenge the player, but aren't balanced and aren't really that much fun.

Another question, DME has its gear spread over quite a few blueprint packs, is one supposed to obtain from the regular loot tables, or through some kind of (set of) mission(s)?
Right now, regular loot, but I will probably sneak in more ways to complete the set. There's a lot of overlap, though; the two basic packages include a large variety of weaponry, so the weapon packs aren't absolutely vital, just nice to have.

One of these days I'm going to try refit Tempests with long-range kinetic ballistics and the medium energy slot dedicated to PD instead.
Definitely worth a shot, I recommend Heavy Rail Acc/Heavy Shockbeam for long-range work. Assault Rail Acc/MX Phased Autocannon is also pretty fearsome but harder to acquire.

Üstad

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: June 01, 2020, 05:29:27 PM »

Blade breakers are not spawning anymore in a high danger level system. Any way to bring them back?

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: June 01, 2020, 05:30:07 PM »

If you destroyed the dreadnoughts, no.

Üstad

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: June 02, 2020, 05:52:42 AM »

Even with the consoles? I didn't know they were spawning them.

FranzDenKaiser

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: June 04, 2020, 07:32:54 AM »

Quick question, I was looking through the changelogs and you mentioned how Lenze has "beefed up" drops for Sigma Matter. What do I use Sigma Matter for, so I know when to farm Lenze?

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: June 04, 2020, 12:37:30 PM »

Right now, nothing. I'm working on changing that, though.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 86