Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How would you play PvP Starsector?  (Read 7690 times)

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: How would you play PvP Starsector?
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2016, 04:15:05 PM »

(Anyone ever play Subspace? Can't help but remember it with all this talk.)

Yea, I played a ton of Subspace back in high school. Extreme Games server. Blood squad. ;D

Still have it installed actually, but besides Trench Wars there isn't that much going on anymore. Aging multiplayer games are the saddest thing...

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2016, 05:39:08 PM »

Speaking of the Hyperion, i'm not that sure it would be the prime ship used for PvP.
Probably depends what gets deployed.  If the opponent deploys a lot of AI ships, Hyperion playership can pick and choose what to kill, and the AI cannot do much to stop it.  Depending what the opponent deployed, he may not be in a position to prevent Hyperion from killing all of his AI wingmen.  Sure, Hyperion has peak performance, but it can still kill a typical fleet (humans' probably won't be) if it cannot be stopped.  Against a ship piloted by human, I don't know.  Human can respond to Hyperion teleportation before AI does.  If human opponent deploys only his flagship, Hyperion may not be as effective.

Then again, if the opposing fleet has 25 battleships, some with officers with defensive skills (or a player who body surfs to each one), then Hyperion may not be ideal because it takes too long for two blasters to blow holes into a ship with battleship-grade armor with bonuses.  Reapers help, but are only enough to kill one battleship.  He might solo two or three such ships before running out of CR.

Kanil

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2016, 04:48:01 AM »

(Anyone ever play Subspace? Can't help but remember it with all this talk.)

Yea, I played a ton of Subspace back in high school. Extreme Games server. Blood squad. ;D

Still have it installed actually, but besides Trench Wars there isn't that much going on anymore. Aging multiplayer games are the saddest thing...

Yeah. This thread made me fire the game up and look at the server pops...

Kinda wish there was a ship that handled like the EG Warbird. Would be comically overpowered, but unforgiving enough to still be fun.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2016, 01:35:15 PM »

A Kite with Overrides would be about as close as it gets. Looks pretty similar to a Warbird as well. Try it with 1x Dual Machinegun and 2x Annihilators or Quill launchers (Blackrock).

You know what's missing from the game? A rechargeable, long-range dumbfire missile with a fairly strong payload and middling RoF. Think Subspace bombs.

gruberscomplete

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2016, 09:03:45 AM »

A very large amount of underpowered ships fighting each other: valkyrie vs tarsus, etc.

Player-controlled fighters, with a few frigates.

Twitchy-battles with fast, deadly ships, with reloading torpedos.

--------------------------

Absolutely no high-powered ships. Or make the combat area tiny so players can't kite each other.
Click here for FREE ships!               Plentysector               Robots With Souls

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2016, 01:57:48 PM »

Kite with 8 atropos and safety overrides, OBVIOUSLY. Costs no supplies to field either so if PVP is balanced around trying to ensure fleets are of roughly the same fleet points or whatever, that would just mean more hilarious shuttley death.

Oh and everyone is posting about how AI would probably be the biggest problem, so why not make more than one player per fleet? Make it a legitimately competitive team-based fleet mode
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then
Pages: 1 [2]