Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vengeful reputation absolutely irreversible?  (Read 6410 times)

SpacePoliticianAndaZealot

• Captain
  • The Show Stopper
    • View Profile
Vengeful reputation absolutely irreversible?
« on: January 04, 2016, 12:14:43 PM »

I have noticed, after dumping Hegemony, turning on them, and doing a Tri-Tachyon bounty, I've received the "internal report" message stating "No bounty payment or relationship increase due to Tri-Tachyon being vengeful towards you".
I remember that Alex stated when 0.7 came out that getting out of Vengeful would be possible now, but only by doing named bounties and destroying large fleets during system bounties.
I was reading through the latest patch notes and comments and it isn't quite clear to me?
Was this intentionally dropped? Will it stay like that for the foreseeable future?
Could I reverse the situation by gaining a commision from another faction that is only "part-time" hostile to them, during the open hostilities period?  ???
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 12:31:57 PM by SpacePoliticianAndaZealot »

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful reputation absolutely irreversible?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 12:37:56 PM »

You can only increase it by doing named bounties for them when you're that low (they won't pay you, either). 3 rep at a time.

• Captain
  • The Show Stopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 12:49:48 PM »

Reloaded the save, did the bounty again:
Spoiler
[close]

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 12:54:41 PM »

Err, okay, thats not how it should be working. You on an older version? I see you have mods loaded as well -_-

• Captain
  • The Show Stopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 12:55:46 PM »

Oh, wait a minute!

Holy crap!
I'm running RC3, not RC5.
Geez, I'm on fire today  :-X
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 01:18:16 PM by SpacePoliticianAndaZealot »

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 01:05:37 PM »

I'm not sure that'll fix it, though - somebody bug-reported this a while back and got a "won't-fix" response from Alex.

So for now, yeah, I'm pretty sure vengeful is irreversible, unless you hit vengeful during a temporary hostility event from the faction you have a commission for.

In the meantime, I suggest just fixing this for your save via console commands plugin - go put yourself back up to merely hostile and then grind from there.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

• Captain
  • The Show Stopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 01:17:55 PM »

Yeah, just tried again after updating, same result. Disregard what I've said.

@Wyvern thanks for the info :) had the same idea myself.

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 08:56:39 PM »

The thing i hate is that you can get vengeful with just normal combat, something the factions do to each other all the time. Becoming vengeful should be from a much greater thing, Like firing a planet cracker beam, or Causing food shortages and exploiting them. The descriptions of the vengeful relation seem to make it very understood that they HATE you. Like the tri-tachyon one where it says that every patrol captain has an image of your face and description of the last known fleet you had so they could hunt you down and take you out. THAT should mean you just ruthlessly murder them, not because you were attacked by a few patrols that you even let go when they decided to engage.

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 01:35:50 AM »

Vengeful cant be reversed so any commission faction killing must stop at hostile or it is dead end. Old system with vengeful only if you harass retreating ships was more logical.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2016, 04:08:26 AM »

Vengeful, if it is irreversible, should be the result of strategic or large-scale actions (like unleashing a planet killer), not tactical skirmishes.  It is so easy to earn Vengeful just by beating up a few patrols or raiders.

Vengeful cant be reversed so any commission faction killing must stop at hostile or it is dead end. Old system with vengeful only if you harass retreating ships was more logical.
Faction hostility event is an exception.  If your commissioned faction goes to war with another faction, and you lose reputation with your new enemy, then when the war ends, your relations are restored to the lower of -10 or pre-war reputation.

Twice, I was neutral with Sindrian Diktat, and they went to war with Tri-Tachyon, I slaughtered Diktat fleets all the way down to -100 reputation, then reputation went back to -10 after the war ended.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2016, 04:18:59 AM »

Wouldn't getting a commission with a faction, that goes at war with the said vengeful faction, be a solution? You get a commission with them, wait for one of their wars to go in temporary truce and the vengeful goes to neutral. Then you just neglect your commissioned faction until they become inhospitable with you and take away your commission and you have two factions neutral that you can raise your reputation with.
Ignorance is bliss..

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2016, 04:22:27 AM »

If your pre-war reputation was lower than -10, it will go to pre-war reputation, not -10.  -10 reputation is the high end of suspicious.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2016, 04:27:56 AM »

That explains why Tri-Tachyon were always hateful with me I guess. That is good to know. I am guessing it does not matter though how low the reputation during the war reaches? Sorry for going a bit off topic.
Ignorance is bliss..

• Captain
  • The Show Stopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2016, 05:11:39 AM »

So, to clarify, if I were to join, say, Tiandong Heavy Industries while it is at war with Tri-tachyon, I would still be at vengeful after hostilities cease?