Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A Battle Bug(fun to say!)  (Read 1499 times)

Abradolf Lincler

• Commander
    • View Profile
A Battle Bug(fun to say!)
« on: November 27, 2015, 03:23:13 PM »

My game crashed sometimes when I alt-tab during a battle, seems to only happen when the enemy is defeated.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: A Battle Bug(fun to say!)
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 03:33:25 PM »

Hi - can you paste what's around the end of the logfile at the time of the crash here?

Abradolf Lincler

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 03:42:19 PM »

Where do I find this log file, cause maybe it's not necessarily a crash. It doesn't open up when i click on it in the tool bar, and it says it's a background proccess instead of an app in task manager. So I have to close it then reopen it to play.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 03:44:36 PM »

The logfile would be:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\starsector.log

But if it's not actually crashing, it's unlikely that what's there at that point is much use.

If you're having trouble with alt-tabbing: have you tried leaving the "fullscreen" option unchecked? If you run at full resolution while doing that, it'll start in an undecorated window - looking the same as fullscreen - but with faster alt-tabbing.

Abradolf Lincler

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2015, 03:49:31 PM »

The logfile would be:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\starsector.log

But if it's not actually crashing, it's unlikely that what's there at that point is much use.

If you're having trouble with alt-tabbing: have you tried leaving the "fullscreen" option unchecked? If you run at full resolution while doing that, it'll start in an undecorated window - looking the same as fullscreen - but with faster alt-tabbing.

Ok thanks for the feedback, I'll try it out. :)