Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Planet Search Overhaul (07/13/24)

Author Topic: Sensor mod?  (Read 1568 times)

Auraknight

• Commander
  • I am a Knight of Aura.
    • View Profile
Sensor mod?
« on: November 23, 2015, 06:43:16 PM »

Right, first off, I want to say thanks to all the awesome modding community for helping me get several hundred hours more out of SS then I otherwise would have.
Now that that's out of the way, I have a request/question!
is there any chance that we'll be able to see more clearly at what ranges we can be detected/can detect? Is such a beast possible? I don't fully understand how the system as it is right now works,
but I am apprehensive to use going dark and turning off my transponder if I either don't know what good it'll do me, or if I can still be seen while doing so.
(Also this sort-of seems like something that'd be packaged in SS+, but I dunno. Thanks in advance for any answers!)
~Aura be with you

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: Sensor mod?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 08:20:48 PM »

I think 2000 sensor units are equivalent to one box in the hyperspace / system map (you can read that if you hover over the sensor information).  That should give you a good idea, but you can't really tell it from the normal map without opening up the TAB map.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Auraknight

• Commander
  • I am a Knight of Aura.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 08:38:21 PM »

Right! That much I got from the tooltip, which is really handy for how far _I_ can see, (though it's only a really vague idea, and at early level where I tend to hang around, I only ever exceed that at an active burst, a more accurate, non-map picture would be wonderful) it doesn't really adress how far others can see _ME_
I know there are some sort of arrows/lines things that appear when you are on the edges of detection against people like hedgemony patrols with transponders on, and i _THINK_ that that is how far they can see, (Though i'm not sure) I'd really love some kind of mod that lets me see this more easily.
~Aura be with you

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 12:32:41 AM »

From what I can tell, all of those curvy-sensor lines are other fleets' detection limits.