Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The pirates are so "low profile" now  (Read 7588 times)

hairrorist

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: The pirates are so "low profile" now
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2015, 02:49:17 PM »

I'd really like to see 'intelligence' skill tree in this game, probably under logistics.
As a pirate intelligence could point you toward rich fleets, as a bounty hunter an intelligence network could tell you where pirate fleets were last sighted.
It's really difficult to operate as a bounty hunter or a pirate currently.

Adraius

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2015, 02:53:26 PM »

^ oh man, that would be so helpful, yes please

Noxxys

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2015, 02:59:00 PM »

@ Noxxys
I had that problem for a bit - you have to hit the transponder button twice to actually do a change! Once I got used to it I appreciated the safety.
Thanks, didn't know that!

hairrorist

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2015, 04:35:18 PM »

Or maybe intel could be a resource that you gather through missions and can burn to gain that data by pushing a button on your navbar like burning fuel or going dark.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2015, 05:26:20 PM »

Pirates are a pain.
When you don't want to see them, they're everywhere and constantly harass you. And when you want to find them, they're nowhere to be seen.

They're positively Jungian in thier obnoxious duality.
To find them, all you have to do is jump to hyperspace, find a storm and stay in it, and then sensor ping and emergency burn at the same time.  I think the detection range maxes out at 5.000, hehe.  They'll all come rushing for you. :D
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

hairrorist

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2015, 05:29:39 PM »

Yeah that sounds like a pretty good description of a pirate working as intended :)

sycspysycspy

• Commander
  • Translator of the Council of AL
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2015, 05:39:29 PM »

Just wanted to mention that I'm working on improving this aspect for the .1 release. Changes so far (not extensively playtested, may tweak along the way):

- most pirate fleets easier to detect (due to the (D) variants they use having an increased sensor profile)
- increased number of pirate fleets

Also considering something like a flat bonus to the player's sensor range on "easy".

It's definitely more punishing than it needs to be. I do think it actually works fine once you get comfortable with the sensor mechanics/related abilities, but that's not exactly something one can expect from someone playing the update for the first time.

I am so glad, looking forward to an upgrade!
Please report any translation error to me with PM.
- I just went over to my bank account and figured out I can live comfortably without working for the rest of my life as long as I die on next Tuesday.
Pages: 1 [2]